Unbreakable Shield – Chapter 21 ( SEE NO EVIL )
533 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

ZEKE POV

Holding my breath, I began to swim back to the surface. Thank God I decided to take those swimming lessons in my past life.

Otherwise, I might have been a goner as the path I was walking was pretty desolate.

It was unlikely that anyone would have come to our rescue.

‘Lol didn’t I die cause of this exact same reason last time?’ I thought to myself.

*Gasp*

I took in a deep breath once I surfaced.

The river channel was deceivingly deep and the current was exceptionally strong. In fact it was so strong that I’m certain if a normal civilian fell in to these channels they would have been unable to fight the currents and would have drowned in the end if there was no one there to help them.

No wonder this village is called the whirlpool village. If this is what the channels are like then the intersection where all the channels meet must be filled with whirlpools due to different currents crossing paths.

However, the fact I was able to swim against such a strong current is without a doubt a testament to show how much stronger my physical strength has gotten over the past few weeks.

While I did feel like my strength was being sapped when I was submerged in water it was nothing substantial.

It felt as if someone was taking a cup of water from an ocean.

‘Now where is that brat that hit me? ‘I thought to myself as I searched around trying to see a glimpse of the cannonball that hit me.

“AAHHHHH GRGRGGREE SOMEONE SAVE MEEE”

“IM DROWINGGGG GYUKKK”

I turned around just in time to see a small child that looked to be a few years older than me struggling to stay afloat.

It was clear to anyone that saw her that she was fighting a losing battle. She was getting swept further and further down the channel.

Without waiting any further I started swimming towards her by making butterfly strokes that would make Yujiro Hanma proud.

“ Hold on, Im coming for you” I shouted out.

“ hurry, I UURRGG” she tried to say as she was completely submerged in water.

I dived down towards her. Thankfully the clarity of the water was on par with the sea in Maldives. This combined with the sunlight penetrating through the water made it extremely easy for me to see her.

She was slowly sinking down in to the depths.

‘ OH No’

‘ She is running out of time’ I thought to myself as I saw that her eyes were closed. She was getting swept by the current even faster now since she was no longer conscious.

‘ It’s now or never I guess ‘I thought to myself.

Over the course of the last few weeks under the guidance of MR Sato I have gotten remarkably better at using my devil fruit abilities.

Now I didn’t have to concentrate that hard when trying to make barriers. I could even take my barriers a step further by molding it in to different shapes. The only difference with that and when I just make barriers is that whenever I make shapes they become visible to everyone whereas the barrier walls I make are virtually invisible unless someone walks in to them.

And to do all this I just need is a little bit of imagination and some chakra. Both are something that I have in spades.

‘BARRIER MAKE: ROPE STRING’ I shouted out inside of my head

A red rope came out of my hands and shot towards the girl, wrapping itself around her. With a swift tug I pulled her closer to me as I made a platform underneath my feet.

Exerting a little bit of force and some chakra in to my legs I jumped up. Blasting out of the water as if I was shot from a cannon.

*STOMMP*

I landed on the side of the road and gently placed her down as I placed my ear on her chest trying to hear a heartbeat.

Nothing.

‘ OI don’t die on me now. Not when I tried so hard to save you’ I thought to myself as I started to perform CPR on her.

Alternating between chest compressions and mouth to mouth breathing.

All hope seems to have been lost when all of a sudden she started coughing as she opened her eyes.

*GYKHH*

*cOUGH*

*Cough*

“ You… You…. MY  First kiss…….” She muttered  out as she touched her lips, slowly turning red  as she processed what I just did to her.

“I was just trying to save yo” I tried to her but before I could finish what I was saying I saw her fist ball up and she moved in to strike me.

“Ungrateful brat. Should have just let you to drown” I muttered out regretting my choice already as I jumped backwards to avoid the fist that was coming towards my face.

‘ Next time I’m definitely going to pretend that I don’t see anything.’ I thought to myself.

As a wise man once said “see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil”

“Listen you stupid witch I was just………….” I started to shout at her before I took a good look at her face for the first time.

I was a little preoccupied before As I was trying to fucking save her life.

Beads of sweat started coming down my face the more I stared at her.

‘ FUCK THIS SHIT. I ARENT GONNA CAUGHT UP IN THIS ‘ I Shouted out inside my head as I used all my strength to bolt out of the place as fast as possible.

“ Wait” I heard her shout out.

‘ Hell Nah ‘ I thought to myself as my surroundings blurred due to how fast I was running.

I didn’t bother to stop or turn around until I reached my house closing all my doors and windows after I entered the house.

I jumped onto my bed after taking out the book about sealing from its hiding spot preparing to forget that memory from my mind in the CONTROL + SHIFT + DELETE STYLE.

Hopefully, she would forget who I was too.

A COUPLE OF MONTHS LATER

GENERAL POV

A boy wearing a black blindfold could be seen walking down the street. You could hear people whispering.

“That poor boy”

“He is blind. Where are his parents?”

“Somebody go guide the boy. He is about to cross that busy street that is filled with people driving carts and carriages”

“AAAAHHH , He is going to get hit” A woman shrieked out.

However, to everyone’s surprise, the boy was able to avoid everything that came toward him. Moving ever so slightly at the last moment to just barely avoid colliding with whatever was coming his way.

The people could only look in awe as the boy weaved his way across the busy street and onto the other side.

“ AHHAHAHAH SUCCESS” The boy shouted out as he lifted out his blindfold to a side showing everyone his eyes. The people watching the boy could not help but get lost in his eyes.

They were bright purple like Shiny amethysts.

ZEKE POV

“ AHAHHAHAHHAH ”

“ Who knew that training observation haki would be so fun” I thought to myself vividly remembering the shock on MR Sato’s face when I told him what I wanted to do.

FLASHBACK

“ You want me to do what now? ” MR Sato said to me with a shocked expression on his face.

“ HEHEHE”

“ It’s a new form of training I thought of”

“ I want you to hit me with a stick after I put a blindfold over my eyes ” I told him.

“ AHHH ”

“ So you are training your instincts? Trying to sense danger and where it is coming from ? “

“ I must admit that does sound like a smart thing to do “

“ Maybe I should make this a mandatory exercise in the Anbu ” He said to me with a thoughtful look on his face as he scratched his beard with his hands.

‘ GOD have mercy on those guys , after all those guys won’t have haki as I do ‘ I thought to myself.

Flashback end

The first few weeks were brutal. I was getting hit left, right and centre. There came a point where Mr Sato just wanted me to stop saying that this was pointless and that I had better things to spend my time on, but I persisted.

I believed in myself, Confident that I would succeed sooner or later.

And Boy, was I right.

I still remember the first time I felt the attack coming. I never felt joy quite like I did that day when I dodged the attack.

Even Mr. Sato was stunned and then I proceeded to get hit every single time after that for the next ten minutes.

*Sigh*

‘ Goodtimes ’ I thought to myself.

Now, after months of hard work and countless bruises and swellings I was proficient enough to walk down busy streets while wearing a blindfold.

Honestly, I kind of liked having a blindfold. I’ve been even thinking of wearing one at all times, even during missions and battles unless a worthy opponent shows up.

Call it whatever you will.

Whether it be arrogance or foolishness.

‘ Who cares what anyone thinks’ I thought to myself as I continued my walk towards the academy occasionally lifting my blindfold to make sure I’m going in the right direction.

I have to admit I was a little nervous as Today was my first day.

Mr. Subaru decided to enroll me early as I was getting too far ahead of my peers.

Soon I was in front of the classroom door.

CLASS A was written on the door with bold letters

This was said to be the class where all the geniuses are said to be in.

*Knock*

*knock*

“Enter” came Mr Subarus voice.

As I opened the door.

“AAAHHHHHHHHH”

“ YOUUUUUUUU”

Shouted someone in an oddly familiar feminine voice. One that brought goosebumps onto my arms.

11