Chapter 19 – Smoke Walker!
201 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Bang! Bang!’

“Ms Pettish open the door otherwise we will be forced to break it down!”

“Shit! Shit! Shit!” With these law-enforcing fanatics madly pounding on the door just beside me, I started to panic. I’ve never felt so apprehensive in my life. The only similar time was when I was cornered in a raid against the Headless Gang. I almost had my head chopped off back then had it not been for the Goddess of Luck smiling down on me.

I wanted to escape without confronting anyone else but it seemed that possibility had shrunk drastically now that I was trapped between the law and a stock of dead bodies.

“I can’t believe my luck.” Staring down at the lit cigarette that came out of the Rubik’s Cube, I decided to take a puff of it and relax my nerve for the imminent blood bath that was knocking at the door.

‘Inhale… exhale…’

I finished smoking my cig in only a matter of seconds due to a load of stress I was experiencing. After feeling slightly relaxed, a certain window popped up in my field of vision.

<New Ability Unlocked: Smoke Walker>

“Smoke Walker?” Wondering what this ability was, another message suddenly popped up to explain its use.

<Smoke Walker Info: Allows the user to possess a corpse for a limited time>

“Possess a corpse?” The moment I read this part, my eyes drifted to the dead woman beside me. “What the heck.” Though I was fearful, I activated the skill immediately because I had nothing else to lose.

<Smoke Walker Activated>

Right after the skill was utilized, a hole opened in my chest and I could feel the original Rubik’s Cube spinning around inside there. Next, my body became the element of smoke that got absorbed into the nostrils of the dead coroner. While I was taking over her body, the wounds that she suffered were being quickly mended, additionally, fragments of her memory within the recent hour of her death was being transferred to me. I could access bits and pieces of information that were still stored in her active brain cells.

“This is insane. I’ve become a sexy woman? My breasts are so round and supple, probably a C-Cup. And check out the fitness of my ass. I bet I could pass as a stripper at Crystal Nightclub.”

As I rose from the floor, I was stuck in admiring my alluring womanly figure that I almost forgot about the urgency of my situation. The cops were still banging on the door and here I was messing around. I hurriedly straighten my clothes, wiped the blood residue from my mouth and kicked my severed finger under a counter before I went to the door and unlocked it.

“I’ll be right there.” My voice sounded so feminine that I startled myself. I was still amazed by this Smoke Walker ability. “This coroner’s corpse is completely under my control.”

The moment I opened the door, the cops burst into the room waving their weapons around. “Where is he? Where is that bastard that attacked you?”

“No one attacked me.” I conveyed.

The other cop secured me just outside the room and asked, “Ms Pettish what happened? Didn’t you call for help?”

Before I could answer, the other coroner inspected the room and looked at me strangely. “Lilith, what happened to the corpse that was on the operation table? Weren’t you going to examine him?”

This smart ass had to notice that my corpse was missing. I had to quickly formulate a plausible excuse to share with them. While acting girly, I uttered, “Dalton I was calling you earlier for you to give me hand with the body but my phone suddenly fell out of my hand and shattered. I struggled to move the body to the freezer that is why the place is such a mess. I’m so sorry to have caused you trouble, officers.”

“Oh, so that’s what happened here? In your message, it sounded like you were under attack by someone.” Said Dalton.

“Attack, who would dare try to attack me when I have these big strong men around to protect me?” I snuggled close to the detestable cop and slightly pressed my juicy breasts against him to distract him from sniffing out the truth of the actual events that occurred. Though my womanly appeal managed to convince these bastards, Dalton wasn’t buying it.

“You mean you got that body in the freezer all by yourself?” Dalton started acting like he was a private eye by snooping out the place. “What happened to this freezer?” He noticed the dent in the metallic door from where the woman slammed her head.

“That was ah…” While I was struggling to find the words to explain to this inquisitive coroner, another message popped up.

<Smoke Walker Will Deactivate In 1 Minute>

Shit, I needed to hurry and get these bugs off my ass. “That was just me being clumsy. I accidentally tripped over a glove I had mistakenly dropped on the floor and hit my head.”

Becoming concerned, Dalton placed his hand on my forehead and asked, “Does it hurt?”

“Not that much.” I couldn’t stand this man fondling my forehead like we were intimate or something. There was no data of us ever hooking up in my fragmented memory bank.

“You had a hard time because I was busy slacking off.” After Dalton confessed, he asked me something that almost gave away my lie. “You don’t mind me checking the freezer to see if the corpse is properly stored do you?”

I had to get rough on this bastard for him to settle his curiosity. “Are you the Chief Medical Examiner or am I? Do you take me for an incompetent fool who can’t put a body correctly in storage? I may have tripped over a glove but that doesn’t make me dumb. Need I remind you who got you this job?”

What I said hit one of Dalton’s key nerves. He quickly adopted a submissive behaviour. “No, I didn’t mean to offend you, Lilith. I was just trying to do my part by helping out. I’m sorry if I made you upset.”

“Apology accepted. Just don’t pass your place again.”

“I won’t but what are you going to tell the detectives when they ask about the corpse? They want it to be examined as soon as possible.”

“Leave it until the morning. Our job isn’t necessarily an easy one. I need to rest my limbs and collect my strength.” Now that I prevented that one from searching the freezer. I turned my head away and made up an excuse to get out of there. “I’m going to step outside for a breather.”

“We will accompany you Ms Pettish.” Said the officers.

“How sweet of you, however, I can find my way.” I tried to play it nicely, but I didn’t know how much longer I would be able to put up with that shit. I was running out of time.

<Smoke Walker Will Deactivate In 30 Seconds>

I didn’t have much time. I told the officers that I would be heading out first and began walking briskly down the corridor to locate the exit.

“Lilith wait!” Dalton called out to me and came running over with a broken phone in his hand. “You forgot your phone. Although the screen has shattered you can still get it fixed.”

“Thank you, Dalton. I’ll be going now.” I stuffed the phone into my coat pocket then continued walking down the corridor. I arrived at an intersection and had no clue where to go.

“Eeny meeny miny moe…” I chose a path at random but when I started walking there, I heard a voice behind me saying,

“You’re going the wrong way.” Dalton came along and offered his assistance. “The exit is this way. Do you want me to accompany you? Are you sure that you’re ok? You’re starting to look really pale.”

“Do I?” What this coroner said made me realize that the Smoke Walker skill was about to become undone. The officers were only a few paces behind me, I couldn’t allow them to find me out right there. Therefore, I followed Dalton’s instructions and began making haste to the exit but with every step that I took, I started to lose control of this woman’s body. I was ageing drastically. My once supple tits were beginning to sag like an old hag’s.

“I need to hurry.” I dragged my way to the morgue’s exit while limping like a buffoon. The moment I stepped outside, I started dashing to the dark corner of the building where I could conceal myself behind the tall shrubs.

<Smoke Walker Has Exceeded Active Limit. Skill Will Now Deactivate>

“Ahh!” This body was no longer willing to be controlled by me due to the Smoke Walker Ability being cancelled. I immediately collapsed on the ground and began coughing out myself in the element of smoke.

<Body Reconstructing…>

From the gaseous particles swerving around, I gradually solidified back to my original naked self. “Dammit, the air is chilly out here. I can’t believe what I just did. I was wearing this woman’s corpse like an extra layer of skin. I’m begging to fall in love with this Rubik’s Cube System.”

“Lilith? What happened to you?”

“Huh!” The voice of this nosy coroner gave me a fright that almost made my nuts shrivelled. ‘He actually followed me around here?’

“Lilith! On my God!” Dalton became alert when he saw the woman’s corpse lying flat on the ground. He dashed over apace and tried to get her to respond to his calling. “Lilith wake up! Lilith!”

I couldn’t have this whimpering bastard alerting the cops who were just around the corner, so I set my eyes on him and told him, “She’s dead.”

After telling him this, I grabbed his neck in a chokehold and quickly broke his neck. “Go to sleep now.”

Dalton breathed his last breath. Before I tossed his corpse on the ground, I stripped him of his clothing and got dressed. “Though this get-up isn’t my size. It will do for now to shelter my ass from the cold.”

 

 

2