Chapter 7 – The Inexplicable Rebirth
268 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author’s POV:

The night was moist and calming. It carried a certain ambience which regularly compelled the residents of Clown City to tuck in early and have a nice sleep. However, these qualities of the night weren’t affecting the wild party mongers who were engaging in a bombastic rave at the outskirts of Sunflower Cemetery.

Various speakers were set up around the cemetery, they were receiving power from the vehicles that were parked on the side of the road. The hellish beats coming from these speakers were constantly blasting off the petals of the flourishing sunflowers spread across the cemetery. These party mongers were trying to raise the dead or entertain them. Either way, the cemetery wasn’t at peace and I can’t imagine that the dead were as well.

Aside from the booming speakers, a lot of youngsters were there having fun. They were partaking in illicit substances to get high; they were dancing and madly gyrating their bodies; a couple of drunken maniacs were entertaining each other on a few graves; there were even some couples getting it on in the lowly hanging trees. The night wasn’t so calming atop Sunflower Peak; it was hectic.

“Hey everyone, is this graveyard party lit or what?” The disc jockey received a boisterous answer from the wild crowd.

“This party is insane man! I’m going to get so much drunk ladies tonight!” This intoxicated youngster was waving a beer bottle in the air when his friend came along to silence him.

“Dude you’re wasted, shut the hell up.” A male friend of his spilt beer onto his head.

“Bro what the heck! Are you trying to cramp my style?” He responded negatively.

“What are you going to do about it?” His friend acted tough and uncaring.

The 2 wasted individuals were about to fight but a lady came between them and tried to break them apart. “That’s enough. Both of you are dead drunk. Neither of you is getting any more beers for the night.” She took the beer bottles from them and attempted to walk away but someone grabbed her hand.

“Come on, Sandra I have to get my freak on! I’m thirsty!”

The lady flashed her hand lose and said, “Sober up, Josh, otherwise, the only chick you will be sleeping with tonight is those dead bodies lying in the cemetery.”

“Why do have to be such a boner killer? You know you want some of this.” He reached out his hand and grabbed her again, roughly this time.

“I said let go!” She kicked him directly in the nut sack then stormed away. “I’m never going to a party with you ever again.”

The surrounding crowd who witnessed Josh getting his nuts cracked started to mock him. “Oh shit, she sacked you real good man. Can you still get an erection after that brutal knee kick?”

“Get the hell away from me!” Josh cursed at a few members of the crowd then ran off behind Sandra who had ventured further into the cemetery to cool her head.

The party mongers kept on engaging in their ongoing rave. The majority of them were already wasted, some even passed out against the speakers. It was amazing how they remained unconscious with those bombastic tunes hitting against their ears.

“Sandra wait up girl!” Josh continued to chase after his girlfriend into the cemetery. He was so drunk that he wasn’t careful where he was putting his feet. He tripped over an unmarked grave and fell on his face.

“Oh my God. Josh are you ok?” Sandra turned around when she saw Josh fall. She rushed over to where he was and helped him up. “Come on boy, I’ve got you.”  

“Thanks, babe I…” Before he could get another word in, vomit came rushing out of Josh’s mouth. It splattered all over Sandra’s dress, some even got into her bosom.

“Are you kidding me right now?” Sandra became very upset. She slapped Josh’s face then began walking away back to her car. “I’m so breaking up with you tonight. We’re over! Do you hear me, Josh?”

“Babe come on!” Josh wiped his mouth off with his shirt while chasing after his ex-girlfriend. “I didn’t mean to vomit all over your chest. It was an accident! An accident! You can’t seriously break up with me for that.”

“Oh, really? Watch me!” Sandra started running away from Josh. He also began running after her.

“Babe hold up! I’m going to need a ride home! Remember you drove us here.”

“You can walk home for all I care!”

While Sandra and Josh were arguing, they ran by a lovey-dovey couple who was lying on a grave close by a motorcycle. They weren’t just lying there, they were getting freaky-deeky. Lewd hands were slithering up and down moist thighs, mushing soft melons, stroking erected banana and fondling wet sushi.

These love birds were engaging in adult activity right by a dirt patch where the grass hadn’t yet fully grown over. A few immature sunflowers were also sprouting there. This specific area was the unmarked grave of a dead scientist and a former top gangster of Clown City, known as Demetri and Smoke Pac respectively.

Zooming beneath the earth, we arrived at a rotten body where uncountable flesh-eating worms were having their fill of all they could eat buffet. But one thing was strange about these worms, they seemed upset about something; even though they had full their bellies with Demetri’s corpse they were worrying that their supply might never end. Yes, you’ve read correctly, these worms were feeling apprehensive about something inauspicious.   

A peculiar phenomenon was occurring underground just inches away from the salacious couple. The worms were eating away at the deceased flesh of Smoke Pac but every time, they took a bite of a specific area, that flesh would slowly regenerate over a short period. What was causing their meal to never be finished? The worms thought.

To answer that, the fattest worm decided to put a rest to its mouth and began its analysis of the mysterious corpse. What it discovered was as follows; a transparent Rubik’s Cube was sitting in the dead centre of the corpse’s chest beneath the ribcage, partly infixed in the unresponsive heart. The inexplicable Rubik’s Cube was absorbing blood from the body while exuding certain amounts back. The blood it was releasing contained subatomic cubic particles that were slowly regenerating the eaten parts of the body.

The worms concluded that this mysterious object was the cause of their never-ending meal. To remedy this issue they started slithering towards the corpse’s centre with the intention of eating the Rubik’s Cube. The fattest worm arrived in front of the Rubik’s Cube while keeping its balance steady on the heart’s superior vena cava. Its followers were close by behind it.

‘Slither! Slither!’

The fattest worm went closer and attempted to bite into the Rubik’s Cube. However, before it could properly sink its teeth in, it got knocked off the superior vena cava due to the bombastic bass that was coming in from outside.

The party mongers had increased the decibel of their speakers. They were producing a certain frequency that started to vibrate the Rubik’s Cube. Due to this unexpected catalyst, it set the Rubik’s Cube in motion.

The 96 blocks that comprised the Rubik’s Cube began to turn and twist randomly while absorbing the speakers’ frequency along with more substances from the body. Eventually, the worms witnessed the Rubik’s Cube gaining more blocks as it commenced transforming into a tetrahedron and then from a tetrahedron into a pyramid. It replicated this process inversely until an octahedron was formed. Each Rubik’s Cube which comprised this complicated octahedron was comprised of 24 blocks, each with their special coded rhythms.

‘Boom! Boom! Boom!’

The octahedron shrunk in size until it vanished inside of the corpse’s heart. Shortly after this occurred, the heart started pulsating again. A new and inexplicable sort of cell formation began to circulate across the body while regenerating the severed networks of capillaries.

“Oh no!” The worms became frightened as they witnessed the gradual recovery of the deceased body. They instinctively knew that their extinction was imminent, thus they all started fleeing from the central chest cavity. They even snuck into a few arteries to boost their retreat, but they didn’t get too far. The new pulsation of the heart frequency caused them all to explode. They became nutrients to further rejuvenate the corpse.

The majority of the rotten bones and flesh had been reconstructed except for the chest area which had a gaping hole, showcasing the beating heart. Though the body wasn’t in peak condition, it was enough to awaken the eyes of the former top gangster of Clown City, Smoke Pac!

The couple who were busy having a steamy time beside the unmarked grave decided to take things to the next level. The lady bit her man’s ear and told him, “Babe, put it in already.”

“Alright, alright, don’t rush.” As the youth was about to unite his sausage and his girlfriend’s bun, he became startled by a powerful hand that suddenly burst out of the earth only a few inches beside him.

“What the hell!” The youth got off his girlfriend and hurriedly pulled up his shorts before he ran off without offering aid to the lady.

“Jonny wait for me!” The lady quickly pulled up her skirt, got up from the grave and chased after her boyfriend. Both of them forgot to take their motorbike. They were too eager to get out of the cemetery. When they reached the booming point of the party, they tried to warn a few of their friends of the zombie who had risen in the cemetery but no one believed them. They thought their explanation to be gibberish, plus too many of them were too wasted to even care.       

2