Chapter 10 – Reduced To A Sewer Rat
228 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<Smoke Dash Activated>

<Blood Bank Reduced To 0.5%>

<Warning! Health Level Critical!>

Though I was losing my strength, I caught up quickly with the last thug who thought he had gotten away and kicked his ass over on the grass. I let him roll down the slope briefly before stopping.

“No, please man! Don’t kill me? I promise not to say anything to the cops. Please!”

“Shut the hell up.”

Just like the selfish woman who was swimming with the fishes, this punk begged me to spare his miserable life. But of course, I wasn’t about to go soft on him. A few minutes ago he and his accomplices were going to toss my stinking ass into the sea, so why would I show this asshole mercy? 

“What do you have on you?” I searched him for a smoke but all I found was a small stash of Crown. “You poor bastard. I hope you’ve already said your prayers.”

“Please, man don’t kill me!”

“Silence.”

As I had my foot pressing firmly against his face, the smoke flowing out of my chest quickly dissipated. My bloodlust was waning and I was thinking about taking this punk up on his offer. However, my mind changed rather briefly. I looked him in the eye and told him,

“You shouldn’t have angered a resurrected villain. Now you will pay with your life.”

“No, please!”

I ignored his plea for mercy and squashed his fucking head like a melon. The juices that splashed out stained the green grass crimson. I remember being pissed off due to the disgusting brain matter stuck to my feet.

“Oh hell, this shit is going to stain.”

To get rid of the excess amount of blood from my foot I took a stroll down to the sea shore and washed my foot off into the water. I hadn’t enough time to cater to the rest of my funky smell because shortly after wetting my feet, I heard sirens getting closer.

“That bashed-out melon head must have contacted the police while I was busy killing his girlfriend.”

<Warning! Health Level Critical!>

<Warning! Health Level Critical!>

The annoying interface started flashing again. It was making it hard for me to see clearly where the police vehicles had pulled over. I had to use my keen hearing to listen to the commotion and find out which direction it was coming from.

“There’s a dead body over here! Oh my God! His head is all messed up. What the heck could have done this?”

“The report said that a homeless old man had killed his friends and was coming after him. Search the area! The suspect might still be close by!”

That was my cue to get my stinking ass out of dodge. The area was already swarming with cops and I wasn’t in tip-top condition to tango with any of those law-enforcing freaks. I searched the shore for a suitable escape route but the only means of escape that I spotted that was in reach was a sewage tunnel that was leaking waste into the ocean.  I ran inside as fast as I could. The officers’ searchlights missed me by only a few inches.

While I was treading through a stream of human shit, I deeply reflected on the event that occurred earlier.

“What the fuck did I just do? The moment I crawled out of a creepy cemetery I killed 3 people. Now I’ve drawn unwanted heat to myself without first figuring out what is going on with my body. Why the hell did those young disrespectful bastards made me slaughter them? All they had to do was give me a damn smoke and everyone could have ended the night on a peaceful note, but they just had to play hard dicks until I soften it for them. Jesus fucking Christ!”

I was enraged, confused, nervous, resentful… all of those fucking gross emotions you name them. I couldn’t stand the train wreck that I had become. This was all that Sharp Stepper's fault.

“When I get my hands on that bastard’s neck, I’m going to make him wish that he never poked his head out of his mother’s loose snatch.”

“Sir, there is a trail over here!”

“Huh!” I heard some officers’ voices coming from behind me back at the tunnel’s entrance and picked up the pace of my getaway. I was roughly dragging my feet through the sewage water as fast as I could. With every step, I made I was feeling weaker and weaker.

<Warning! Health Level Critical!>

<Warning! Health Level Critical!>

“Give me a fucking break for one minute!” I felt like my head was going to explode with this annoying interface popping up so damn often. I tried my best to ignore it as I put more distance between myself and the cops.

Eventually, I came upon an intersection with 3 paths. The first path was dark as shit. I couldn’t see one lick of light coming from there and I wasn’t about traverse the path of the abyss. I had enough darkness for one night. The second path had more light present and the air there smelt a lot better than the air coming from the third path. Although the overall scent in there was still horrible.

I chose the middle path and continued on from there until I arrived at a wider area where a few sewage dwellers were present. This was a good spot for me to hide among these hobos until the heat outside died down. They acted as the perfect cover since they and I had similar appearance and smell. Well, this wasn’t entirely true, I smelt a lot worse compared to these penniless sewage dwellers, probably because parts of my flesh were mostly rotten.

I found a snug spot in the corner where some cardboard boxes were already spread across the dry floor. It seemed like the owner wasn’t around so I commandeered it for the time being.

“I can take a breather here. No one is paying much attention to me.”

A few people were standing by a metal barrel over the other side. They were keeping themselves warm by the wood that was burning inside. I was feeling a bit cold but I didn’t want to go over and caused trouble, otherwise, I might have met in an altercation and had to kill someone else for the night. I didn’t want any more needless bloodshed, so I laid down on my cardboard box and tried to get some rest.

However, the moment I was about to doze off, I started hearing a squeaking sound, moreover, I felt something scratching my beard.

“What the hell?” When I opened my eyes and looked below, I discovered one large nasty sewer rat nibbling on my beard. I also spotted a few more of his friends crawling up the stretch of my leg.

You had no idea how humiliated I felt at that disgusting moment. To think that the big bad Smoke Pac had been reduced to an object of interest for goddamn sewer rats.

3