(Sinclair Side Story) Chapter 3: Adopted Sister
94 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Samuel POV

Weeks have gone by and nothing changed with my schedule.

Although I did start bird watching, I usually do it thrice a week and the rest of my week is spent in my house lounging it away.

On a particular day, my parents enter my room while I am reading a book about birds.

"Samuel, we're adopting a child and she is going to be your sister." My mother said

Huh... Adopting a child? Why?

Wait? Are they--

" No, Samuel. We did not adopt her to replace you. We adopted her because she experienced unfortunate circumstances which she did not deserve. After we obtained this knowledge, we decided that it was best to adopt her to make sure that she will have a bright future ahead of her." My father said

Mom and dad, I know that you guys are reassuring me but considering that I have become distant with everyone, it doesn't put me at ease.

"Although we are going to put more time on your adopted sister so that she can adapt into becoming a noble, we are still going to treat both of you equally as our children." My mother said

Wait...Adapting into becoming a noble? That means she's a commoner!

As I learned that knowledge, a memory of mine came to my mind

I hope that someone will understand me and stay by my side...

Huh...Maybe this is my chance to have a friend...

I have been wishing for a long time to have a friend but unfortunately for me, it is difficult to have one.

It is difficult to befriend a noble. Because of that event, I have learned that nobles only befriend me because of our family's high status.  With this knowledge, I cannot befriend a noble because they would just badmouth and gossip about me even though we became friends.

I also cannot befriend my servants. Although they are likely to become my friend and hang out with me, they will do it because they will fear that they will lose their job if they disobey my request. Although I want a friend, I want them to also enjoy our times when we are together and be able to communicate. I don't want them to force themselves to become my friend.

With this knowledge, my last way of having a friend is befriending a commoner. Although it is the easiest way out of all the three options, it is still quite difficult. They wouldn't feel like they are being forced to becoming my friend and I can just disguise myself as a commoner to prevent others from using me. But unlike the two options, it is difficult for me to meet commoners. I have a niche hobby which means that it is unlikely for me to meet a commoner while I am bird watching and chat since we have the same hobby. I cannot also go to the streets and meet them because for some reason, I don't like going there. Besides, even if by some lucky day that I can go to the streets, I don't know how to interact with them. If I approach a stranger and suddenly asked them to be my friend, they would think that I am crazy.

With all out of options, I decided to give up my dream of having a friend.

But today, this might be my chance!

My adopted sister will be bewildered by the sudden change of environment since she is a commoner. Because of this, I will try my best to be on good terms with her and eventually, she will become my friend.

I know this is selfish and terrible of me to take advantage of someone's weak nature but... it's not like I'm forcing her to become my friend. It's not like I'm making her do something terrible. We're just going to hang out and become friends and if she didn't like any of that, she can just refuse.

Great! I can (potentially) make a friend today.

"Samuel? Are you listening?" My mother said

" Uhh...Oh! Yeah! I am listening!" I said

Crap... I got too excited on my plan that I forgot to listen to what my parents are saying!

As my parents sighed, they went to continue explaining.

" Whatever... The most important thing for you to remember is to treat her well. Make sure that you are going to take good care of her. Understood?" My mother said

" Yes, mom." I said

" With that out of the way, we need to go now. We need to prepare for her room and make sure that the adoption papers are ready. She will come in approximately three hours so make sure that you are dressed well." My father said.

" Yes, dad" I said

Ok! Time to prepare myself for this upcoming meeting with my adopted sister!

Three hours later, I am fully ready. I dressed well for the occasion and prepared myself for any conversations that we probably might have.

With this, I am ready!

"Sir Samuel, it seems your adopted sister has arrived. Your mother is asking you to go to the living room to greet her." One of my maids said after knocking on my door.

Perfect timing!

As I look on the mirror one last time to check myself, I went out to go to the living room.

With this, I can finally have a friend!

4