Journal Entry 575, Tuesday, the Fourth day of Caplan
6 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I didn’t get to write yesterday as I was kind of overwhelmed; too much going on. We were assigned a quest! I’ve never been questing before, but I’ve definitely heard the stories that the Minstrels, Bards, and performing troupes have told. They come to town every once in a while, and I always used to be so excited to see them. Maybe they’ll write a story about our group!

Everyone here is so different. Rysdan seems very understanding, kind of like a parent. Can you believe that he’s immortal? Living forever sounds so cool! And he has fun, even though he said he feels like he lives too long. I wonder what he can teach me?

Alden seems very confident. He says he sees how people die! I wonder why he hasn’t said anything to me? He said he couldn’t see Rysdan’s death, but otherwise he hasn’t told any of us. I kind of want to know, but at the same time, I think knowing how I died would be terrifying! Maybe it’s better he keeps it to himself.

Dalor seems…like how I’ve heard Dwarves are in stories. But he swears less. He seems to always be grumpy, at least, so far. He only really got excited about drinking alcohol and when he talked about fighting. His axe looks a little too big for him, but maybe that’s just how all Dwarven weapons are?

Susurri has stayed quiet, for the most part. Other than saying he’s an assassin! How scary. When he has talked, he whispered his words, but the sound carried throughout the room like magic! It seems like a few of the group has some sort of magical abilities. I think I’m going to stay away from him, he’s much too creepy.

Ember stays close to Susurri, but like…outside of his personal bubble. She seems to really hate boys. She hasn’t been as harsh to me, but she has chewed out Rein and was upset for some reason. I hope she loosens up; I don’t like to hear the adults yelling at each other.

Rein seems nice, but a bit broody. He paid for my cool new dagger! He told me I didn’t need to pay him back, that he didn’t need the money. It makes me wonder if he’s been an adventurer for long? He said he was going to teach me to use it, but that everyone in the group would help me when the time came.

Rin seems quiet, but his tiger seems so cool and friendly! I want to pet him, but it scares me a bit. And then there’s the weird fact that his eyes are golden, just like the tiger’s! His stare is intense, like he can see right through me!

All things considered, I’m excited to have an adventure. I can’t wait to meet all the people I need to see, and I can’t wait to learn how to use the dagger the right way! I’d better get up now; I smell food in the kitchen and I don’t want to be late for the fir…err, second day of my adventure!

2