Chapter 86
1.4k 5 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a good night's rest Argul was ready for the trip to the market. She hadn’t actually slept, but she hadn’t done any training either and just watched her domain instead. Sleeping felt like it was a waste of time to her if she could achieve the same by observing nature, which was probably the ‘sleep’ of her core. Her own nature was a bit of a mystery.

Argul did do one productive thing during the night though, namely checking her status.

You received stats for completing various tasks about magic training and teaching: Str +2, Int +4, Wis +1

While the stats were welcome they weren’t what Argul had wanted to know. She was much more interested in the skill she had created.

Congratulations, you have successfully created the system restricted skill [Analyze].

This skill allows the user to view the status of their target. The amount of knowledge offered depends on the difference in power level between the user and the target. The stronger you are, the more you know.

Note: [Analyze] is also influenced by the amount of knowledge the user has of the target as well as the user’s level of [Identify]. Being rather intrusive, this skill should only be used with caution on living beings. This note is only shown to the skill creator.

The note had somewhat surprised her, but it also made sense that the skill creator would be privy to more details than others and her daughter was probably going to make hidden knowledge like that quest rewards, so it wasn’t like others would be unable to find out.

There wasn’t much more to say about [Analyze] otherwise. Alyra had obviously tried to balance the skill and give the people with more brawn a reason to acquire some knowledge before they did stupid things.

That being said, Argul did receive one more thing, something she could have gotten a lot earlier if she had tried to.

Achievement made:

[Skill creator (4)]

You have created a staggering 25 skills previously unknown to the system. To reward your ingenuity, [Learning] and [Identify] are both upgraded by two stages. Wis +10

 

  • [Learning (5)]
    Skills are easier to learn for you and you seem to grasp the meaning behind complex and complicated theories almost intuitively. This skill will also make it a little bit easier to memorize information.
  • [Identify (7)]
    The skill displays everything you know about your target. The skill has a good chance to hint at information that other sapients know and you do not. Even knowledge you forgot will be shown. The skill does not display false knowledge.

 

Honestly, the reward was simply insane. The two skills didn’t seem all that useful at first glance and the small upgrades that just changed a single word were nothing but discouraging, but if you got them high enough they were a cheat, especially [Learning].

Argul knew for a fact that Mia had the skill at stage 7 and it made the girl a knowledge sponge. What had taken Argul 7 years of school to learn had taken Mia around 2 and a half months and contrary to Argul, she remembered everything crystal clear, despite Argul not being the best teacher.

[Identify] was a bit of a cheat too at this point, because Argul could just keep identifying something and it would show her new knowledge since she now knew what the skill had shown her. If she kept doing that, she would at some point know everything that was known about her target.

Argul suspected however that the two skills weren’t that easy to get by and to upgrade. Getting the skill creator achievement would get incredibly hard in the future and that was where she had gotten most of her skill upgrades from. Any other method to get or upgrade the skill had to be somewhat similarly difficult.

With that in mind it was clear that Argul and Mia were lucky and that Alyra was likely playing favorites. As hypocritical as it was, Argul wouldn’t complain about it so long as it didn’t endanger anyone she cared about.

As nothing else besides her skill creation happened, Argul's character sheet didn’t show that much change. It seldom did, but that was life and she preferred living it slow rather than hectic.

[Status]

Name: Argul Agren

Race: Mana core

Age: 9 months

Level: 12

Structural integrity: 100%

Mana: 320.3/320.3

Mana generation: 3.43/min

[Stats]

Str: 116 (+2)

Int: 118 (+4)

Wis: 125 (+11)

[Active skills]

general actives: mana manipulation, magic missile, identify (7), analyze, cleaning, mana com

core special: uniphone, ribm, materialization

water magic: conjure, manipulate, banish, fake tears

earth magic: conjure, manipulate, banish

light magic: conjure, invisibility, mirror image

emergency portal

contract

fate contract

increase heat (solid)

space manipulation

Enchanting

[Passive skills]

general passives: learning (5), mental fortitude, hidden might

domain skills: accelerated [m] growth (small), accelerated [s] growth (all), core regeneration, knowledge domain

sense skills: sense mana, sense space

curse of harmlessness (s)

magic gunning

 

  • neutral magic sniper bullet

 

Stat growth boost (1)

currently:

 

  • Str +2
  • Int +2
  • Wis +4

 

artifact creation

 

  • Artifacts: 1 (all +5)
  • Lamp pole of light

 

[Floor 1]

Template: Luna (moon), surface

Size (radius): 1200 km

Area/ Volume: 10. 1 M km²

[Floor 10]

Template: Erod, deep forest

Size (radius): 1290 km

Area/ Volume: 11. 8 M km²

[Floor 11]

Template: Erod, grassland

Size (radius): 1300 km

Area/ Volume: 11. 9 M km²

[Floor 12]

Template: Erod, redwood (tall trees)

Size (radius): 1310 km

Area/ Volume: 12. 1 M km²

51