Chapter 1: Prince
120 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement
This is my first work so it would probably suck LOL, please take it with a grain of salt. Enjoy reading!

The Epislon Kingdom, Capital city of Inobe, 05:00 AM

(3rd person POV)

As the morning sun showered the lands of its glory, the sounds of activity can be heard in the Inobe palace, various attendants and servants are frantically pacing the place as they clean and tend to it for the event that would happen this morning, security drones hover the place as they scour and scan every nook and cranny for anything that looks amiss.

Last month, the sudden death of the king of Epislon, King Luther IV, sent shockwaves throughout the Epislon Stellar System, various commoners and nobles of various ranks have paid their respects to their absolute leader. King Luther ruled for 443 years, a sizable chunk of his 678-year lifetime, his rule saw some very interesting innovations, such as the rise of space technologies, and the invention of Warp Drive, which can propel a ship through space at 98% the speed of light. Now that the one month of royal mourning has come to a close and His Majesty's body is cast into the sun's embrace, the capital city of Inobe is preparing for the coronation of the one and only heir to the throne.

Thousands of years ago before the current era, a war between the two rulers of the planet broke out, the Epislon Kingdom and Galton Hegemony, decades of enmity have brought the two superpowers to a breaking point. The Hegemony launched thousands of ICBMs toward the kingdom's various territories and the capital, in retaliation, the kingdom also launched all of its nuclear arsenals towards the Hegemony, this assured the mutual destruction of both countries.

With the technological superiority of the Epislons, they managed to avoid the destruction of various key territories of the kingdom by using state-of-the-art guided missiles that intercept almost 80% of the ICBMs thrown by the Hegemony. Amidst the ashes and destruction, the people of Epsilon Kingdom have risen from the nuclear ashes of war, and the remnants of the Hegemony have no choice but to take refuge in the Kingdom, Queen Mira accepted the Galtonians even though the nobles have shown their dissatisfaction, despite that, the royal decree has been passed and the citizens of the hegemony became citizens of the kingdom. With the decree, the Galtonians rejoiced and faithfully served the kingdom with utmost loyalty.

Well, it's not smooth sailing though, many issues have risen like racism which results in some Galtonians voicing their displeasure and pleading for equal rights, even though the kingdom has done nothing to address the issue, racism against the red swirled Galtonians has subsided, and the blue swirled Epsilons managed to set aside their difference to build back the world to its former glory.

110 years after the war, the planet has managed to bounce back to its former glory with the help of the Epsilon Kingdom's technology, they colonized the former Galton Hegemony's territory, thus this marked the unification of the whole world under the banner of the Epsilon Kingdom.


(Lyle's POV)

This is stressing me out big time

It's coronation day, I have to take an oath in front of the cameras and media, it's quite nerve wracking to think that the whole Epsilon Sytem are going to watch me on tv.

I stared at the mirror as I look for something wrong even though there was nothing to fix, maybe it was because of my nervousness or something. 

It still feels weird looking at the mirror...

It's been a year since I've been reincarnated in this world, being reincarnated as an alien monarch shocked me at first, but now, it only feels a little weird. My race is called Vanerian, we resemble humans but with blue or red swirls on different parts of our bodies, horns that vary in size and aesthetic, and pupils that are either red like a ruby or blue like a sapphire. The color of my swirls is blue and I have it around my arms, hands, and feet, my eyes are blue since my lineage is from the Kingdom, and my pair of horns resemble a crown which is exclusive for the royals of Epsilon and its cool as well.

Time flies huh... 

I still remember the thoughts that I have right after I got reincarnated, I thought I got reincarnated in the Middle Ages because of the aesthetics of the palace, that is until I saw a security drone floating with no visible propellers, my fear of unhygienic restrooms died instantly because you know, Middle Ages is an era where the bathroom is everywhere, me as a 21st-century guy can't even imagine how fucking messy and smelly that would be. I learned so much in just a year, thankfully they have something much more like the internet. I can't even remember how many times I got shocked and disappointed about the technology and the kingdom itself. When the topic of one-world government comes up, you'd imagine that it would be an almost utopian-like society devoid of poverty, hunger, homelessness, etc..., but the Epsilon Kingdom... well let's just say that it's the complete opposite. I can only sigh as I see the abuse of power akin to that of feudal ages on Earth.

KNOCK KNOCK

I heard a loud knock coming from the door of my room.

"Enter," I said, still in front of the mirror as I grab the comb at used it on my long silver hair.

A tall man entered, dressed in a long black jacket with a white bow tie and wearing a pair of white gloves, must be the head butler, hmm what is his name again? AH! Vanca!

"Yes, Vanca?"

"Everything is ready, Your Highness. The General Secretary is waiting for your presence in your office."

"Very well" I put the comb down and slowly stood, "Lead the way," I said, signaling the butler to guide me, being in this palace for a year is not enough to memorize the maze-like corridors of this huge-ass palace. I inherited the memories of the former owner of this body, and it seems like he also doesn't know the tangling mess of halls this palace has, at least we have something in common.

I am almost halfway through the door when I remember something.

Wait, where's my mint?

I looked back at the room, scanning everywhere to find my mint, well it's not really mint, it takes like one but it the plant where it originated from looks vastly different.

Finally, I saw the mint candy wrapped in blue paper on my pillows.

There you are.

I raised my hand towards the mint and focused, the spiraled blue patterns on my hands, feet, and my blue eyes lit up for a second, and the mint flew in my hands.

Gotcha.

What kind of POV do you like more?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
4