Chapter 2: Turbulence
62 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The hunter awakes in his hiding place and carefully listens from the thick undergrowth before getting up.

Another night has passed without incident.

The forest is dark and full of fog.

He considers calling out to others, to end his loneliness, but stops himself at the last moment.

What if they are like him?

-leaked radio signals from space, audio partially salvageable, from unknown extraterrestrial origins, further research is needed.


I unwrapped the candy and gave the blue paper to Vancan, which he put inside his jacket. I popped the candy into my mouth and savor the taste and smell of the mint-like candy.

Oh about that whole mint-flying-to-my-hands moment? Heh, cool right? It's one of my powers Vanerians have powers, the blue ones have certain chances to become psychics while the red ones become the embodiment of a berserking brute just like the Hulk.

Hulk?

What is a Hulk?

A jolting pain seared throughout my head, causing me to suddenly crouch and hold my temple because of the immense pain. 

Your Majesty! Are you alright?" Vanca exclaims as he reaches for me, he stopped himself at the last moment.

"I'm alright, let's proceed," I said as I caress my head, the pain slowly subsiding as I gently stroked my temple.

Shit, it's happening again

I... don't remember much of my memories before this life, everything seems very fragmented and blurry, and sometimes I got these migraines that hurt bad, its always accompanied by bits of random information, like how I'm obsessed about this "Taylor Swift" gal and how much I love chocolates. It ranges from mild that I can endure pretty well to brain wrecking that can leave me howling because of pain. The royal doctors have no idea whatsoever about what's happening, general brain scans and health scans show nothing amiss.

"A-Alright, Your Majesty" Vanca slightly bowed and he continues to walk. The sound of our shoes as they hit the glossy blue marble floor echoed through the corridor, the pristine white walls that are riddled with paintings and indents with vases filled with blue flowers.

dq5aJ2Z.jpeg(floor)

r8EX37e.jpg(wall indents)

A couple of minutes later, we arrived in front of a dark blue door. On both sides are two Vanerian guards standing tall with their rapiers, wearing a blue jacket made only for royal guards. Vanca raised his hand for a salute, which the two guards also din in unison.

Swedish royal guard | A royal guard in front of the kings pa… | Flickr(

"State your business"

"I'm here to escort His Majesty."

"Well then."

One of the guard's eyes glowed for a whole 10 seconds, It seems like he was talking to someone telepathically, his eye dimmed and returned to its normal state. "I have already notified the General Secretary and Archduke Khael about His Majesty's presence, you may proceed."

When I heard that Archduke Khael is also present, one of my eyes twitched. "It's going to be a long day..." I silently whispered.

Vanca slowly opened the door for me to enter. "Good luck, Your Majesty..." said Vanca apologetically, it seems like it's not only me who knew how overbearing the Arch Duke is, well almost everyone does. Archduke Khael's territory is situated on another continent, but he's always here to "educate" his nephew, which is me. 

Educate? More like torture, no one can survive his teaching lessons, he's so freaking strict! He's my uncle there's that, but god!

But I can't say that I didn't learn anything from him, he taught me the essentials of being a royal, etiquette, and whatsoever, I owe him some for that. My parents are very busy, almost every single day, I only meet them if there's a social function or special occasions, they are either on another continent or in space, inspecting some god knows what.

Well, here's go nothing.


Former Hegemony Continent, Jahfta Village, 6:00 am

(Lydia's POV)

"Sis wake up!" with the sound of my brother trying to wake me up, I slowly opened my eyes. Dark, damp, and poor, are the things that descridescribeiving conditions in Jahfta village, or maybe everywhere else except those with the Epsilons. The decree of the late King Vesivuis III thousands of years ago has brought us Galtonians to our current state, he basically said that we should be grateful for the Epsilon's "grace" and "benevolence", they fed us and gave us security, in return, we provide them with everything that they need, from fabrics to coal and various resources. 

I'm sick of it, we're not living as people! we are slaves living for scraps!

"Good morning Gabriel, have you slept well?" I said, still a little bit groggy

"Yes sis! my fever is also gone now!" said Gabriel enthusiastically.

"Ahh I see, so you think I'm letting you play outside now huh?" teasing him for a little bit.

"Gabriel pouted. "Please sissssssssss!"

"Haha, okay fine, But! promise me that you will go home when the bell rang okay?" I pat his brown hair as I told him.

The village's bell ring 3 times a day, 1st ringsignaledd the crack of dawn around 5 am, that's when able-bodied people throughout the village start their day, the district where our village is located produces various exotic herbs and psionic beast's meat since were close in the Great Grecco Forest. When the bell rings at 5 pm for the second time, people will start to go home, either from the forest or from the quarry. When the bell ring for the 3rd time at 8 am, that's when the surfer starts. Paxiri or the "Peacekeepers" would scour the village and its vicinity, if they found someone out at night when the bell already rang for the 3rd time, either they would be beaten up or "disappear".

 Gabriel hurriedly walk to the door to go outside, but before exiting he looked at me and smiled.

"Bye sis ill be back by lu-" before Gabriel finished speaking, darkness filled my vision, pain coursed throughout my body as I fall and wriggle like a worm on the floor, I can't see, hear, feel, touch or anything, it's like I'm thrown into a void of darkness. 

All of those things happened in just a split second, everything went away like snow on a summer day. My eyesight was still blurry, I tried to stand up. As my eyes return to their former clarity, I became astonished by my surroundings. I'm inside a hall as big as the marketplace in the other village, and men and women are kneeling while looking at me enthusiastically.

"T-The teleportation device works!" exclaimed someone in the crowd, and various murmurs erupted.

"I am deeply sorry, Your Majesty, for such a painful experience." the crowd became silent when the man in front of the crowd spoke, he has no hair and has swirls of red on his left cheek. "My name is Candmond, This must be a bizz-" 

"Where's Gab?" I interjected, a frown can be seen on Candmond's face, "Your Majesty, your bro-"

"WHERE'S MY BROTHER?!?!?!?!?!" a thick red haze originating from her shout covered the whole hall, everyone felt the overbearing pressure and have the urge to prostrate themselves, some resisted including Cadmond due to the high cultivation level of their Body Essence.

"Your Majesty, your brother is currently in the medical bay, the teleportation device that we've managed to steal from the Epsilons has been damaged and it caused an explosion, please forgive our negligence." Cadmond's eyes and patterns on his cheek are glowing red, he's using all of his essence just to resist the urge to kneel.

Lydia's tantrum stopped, and her eyes slowly loosed their red shine as she retract her powers. "What's happening? where am I? and why are you calling me "Your Majesty"?"

"Your Majesty is-" Cadmond is explaining the current predicament but someone who is prostrating suddenly shouted.

"Your Majesty is our only way to salvation! Our way to freedom! Your Majesty, please lead us!"

"YOUR MAJESTY PLEASE LEAD US" everyone except Cadmond shouted.

Lydia silently whispered, "...what the fuck."

 

1