563. The strategy
916 2 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We did have Alexander in our world and I read about him. What about him? Is he coming to help us?" Victor said sarcastically.

"I am not John who gets to bring people out of nowhere." Tony said as he flew and was chased by many small warships who were constantly firing at him. But the shot which hit him would always reflect back. One shot even reflected back to the shooter and blasted the spaceship.

It seemed like Tony was having fun in all of this and he was doing this without any expense of energy. He had even started shooting yet!!!

"Then why is Alexander relevant here?" Victor asked.

"Though I never liked history and their weird obsession with ancient rulers, I once saw in a small commercial where he defeated an army with divide and conquer policy. GAIA knows what I am talking about. Do you want to implement it?" Tony said.

Victor was stunned seeing such a weird suggestion from Tony. Tony had never been a person who looked at the past, but here for the first time he mentioned someone from ancient history. Victor opened the commercial he was talk about and saw what kind of fight he was talking about.

And he had to admit the strategy he was talking about looked good. At least on paper. Now he would have to see if the same thing was possible in space. Alexander fought that war on land. Here they would be fighting that in space.

His strategy was leading a part of the enemy away and thus dividing the enemy into two fronts with two fleets and later using their speed to surround and kill the enemies. The only problem here was if they wanted to surround the enemies they would have to do it in 3 dimensions instead of 2 dimensions.

"Do we have the sufficient number of ships to attack them the way of Alexander?" Tony asked.

"There are sufficient warships for that strategy and we will probably win the war with it but it will also cost us a lot of warships too and there might be more strays." GAIA warned.

"Leave the strays to me and the others on Earth. The more we drag this fight, the more problematic it might become." Tony said.

"Alright, if we fail, then the whole responsibility is on you Tony." Victor joked.

"We won't fail. I just don't want to stay in this universe for too long and include more variables. According to John's calculations, Annihilus isn't supposed to be here so we need to be more careful." Tony said.

"Go with it then. Be the bait." Victor said.

For the start of divide and conquer, one has to bait a part of the enemy away from the main battlefield and since many were following him Tony was the best bait there could be on the battlefield. And since the enemy were already irritated by the 'reflective' armor of his, then it was the best time to work on this.

Tony, who was already manoeuvring around, went straight to the depth of the battlefield. He was flying on the edge all this time but after the strategy of theirs changed he too changed direction. And in order to be more efficient Victor had sent a good number of small and medium warships with him so that he could be a convincing 'bait'.

It had to be said that though Tony was being an unkillable cockroach his firepower was not good enough. His antimetal properties of the suit was of no use to the enemies as their spaceships were not made of metal. It was their version of metal which didn't follow the laws of physics of their world so Tony's thrusters did almost no damage to the enemy spaceships.

So all tony could do while flying was use the pure strength of the armor to inflict damage. Tony knew that his fire power would be of no use so he used the 'ancient' ways and that was to use his fists to destroy the enemy.

While flying he went right through some of the spaceships, like he did to the Chitauris during the invasion of New York. Only this time he didn't have to care for his armor. His armor had anti vibrational and anti kinetic properties so he was basically invincible here.

And while he was entering deep in the battlefield the enemies were getting agitated and sent more spaceships after him. Tony was ecstatic seeing that many were after him. The more they were diverted by his presence, the more successful his strategy would be.

He caused menace as he went deep, destroying small spaceships and even medium sized spaceships. Their energy shields proved of no use as he was able to infiltrate them easily and went through medium sized ships.

There he saw the bugs for the first time as he stopped by when he entered their hull.

44