Chapter One
868 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Echo    Chaos was NOT messing with the veil between universes. That would be observed. No, there just happened to be a human soul from an alternate universe. Definitely not the result of Chaos’ latest experiment. Haha. Hahahahhaha. HAHAHAHAHAHHA--

    “What kinda fever dream--” The soul started.

    Chaos screamed.

    “...” The soul stared blankly at the every changing blob that they guessed was either a fuck up jellyfish or a god. Could go either way, really.

    “I mean… greetings, mortal! You have been chosen to be reincarnated after you died in your original universe!”

    “Fuck no.”

    “Yes, you can-- wait, what.”

    “Fuck no.”

    “Wh-why?” Chaos asked, their formless body shifting uncomfortably.

    “Would I have my memories?”

    “Of course!”

    “Fuck no.”

    “Why-why not?”

    “Do you realize how boring it is to be a baby?”

    “I uh hadn’t thought of that.”

    “Clearly.”

    “Would you prefer not to have your memories?”

    “I would prefer to not be reincarnated at all.”

    “... What do you mean?”

    “Why would I want to live again when I am the gender here?”

    “Uhhhh”

    “I'm not getting reincarnated.” The soul hissed.

    “Oh-kay??” Chaos questioned.

    “Anyway, why am I really here?”

    “I told you?”

    The soul gave a disbelieving look to the god.

    “Ya know, most mortals would obey me without question!” Chaos squeaked.

    The soul continued to stare Chaos down.

    “I may or may not have created a device to allow me to view other worlds without the gods of that world noticing…” Chaos trailed off, “and that device may or may not have created a rift and your soul may or may not have been pulled through.”

    “I knew jumping into the sketchy portal thing in my room would be worth it.”

    “I'm sorry you did what.”

    “Wanna be my friend.”

    Chaos stared at the soul for a long moment, “Fuck yeah.”

----------

    Turns out, the duo had quite a bit in common. Mostly the need for unrelenting chaos.

 

    “Hear me out a prophecy, but it’s just we’ve been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty.”

    “Brilliant.”

 

    The two nod at each other. A small round object falls.

    “AH, WHAT THE FU-- Chaos!!!!”

    “They're never gonna get that glitter out.”

    Chaos cackled. 

 

    The two souls stood in a large laboratory looking over notes and various experiments. A giant explosion goes off in the background. Followed by a scream. 

    “I love the sound of terror in the morning.” The soul said offhandedly.

    Chaos laughed.

 

    “What did you just drop?”

    “I’m sure the mortals will be fine.”

 

    “Wouldn’t be funny to give sharks magic.”

    “Sharknado.”

 

    “Hear me out, give a prophecy to that one guy over there. Except make sound super important, but in like the middle of it, rick roll him.”

    “Yes.”

    And so on. The longer the duo stuck together, the more fearful the gods and the world became.

----------

    “We have to separate those too.” The god of Tides stated.

    Universal agreement followed.

    “How are we going to do this? We can really do anything in Chaos.” The God of Love commented.

    “We can banish the mortals to an alternate universe.” The god of seasons suggests.

    “And have Chaos go on a rampage looking for their friend? That’ll make things worse.” The god of protection pointed out.

    God of dreams nodded grimly in agreement, “We can’t harm the soul, Chaos would kill us.”

    The other gods shivered. They fell silent for a long moment.

    “What if we sent them down to the mortal world?” The god of protection suggested.

    Several gods grimace. “I mean, it could work for a little while…”

    “At the very least, it will keep the two distracted?”

    “And what happens when the soul comes back?”

    “We’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.” Dreams proclaimed downing a bottle of liquor.

    “We can’t get drunk?” Love questioned.

    Dreams took a larger sip.

    War sweat dropped. “Right, we’ll do that, we just need to get the soul alone…”

    Everyone groaned.

 

----------

    Tides ended up being the one put up to the task.

    “Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck” Tides chanted as they snuck into Chaos’ room and saw the soul pouring over a notebook. Taking the chance, Tides creeped closer to the soul than tapped them on the shoulder, sending them to the mortal world.

    Tides booked it out. Returning to the other gods in their agreed upon hiding place, he confirmed to them the job was done. Now to enjoy the peace whilst avoiding Chaos.

 

----------

 

    Echo, the soul, had been having a wonderful time with Chaos messing with mortals and gods alike. Unfortunately, it seems the gods were officially done with their bullshit. Echo could confirm this because they were currently plummeting to the ground from the sky. Leaving Chaos, the winner of their bet. 

    Activating the magic link between the two, Chaos spook, “AHHAHHA I win.”

    “Yay, great for you but I'm currently plummeting to my certain death!”

    “Oh right.” with a bit of divine intervention Echo came to a graceful stop landing face first onto the ground. At least they weren’t dead.

   

29