Chapter Two
612 3 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Welp,” Echo started pushing themself up off the ground, “Now where am I?”

“Good question,” Chaos cheerfully replied.

“Do you not know?”

“No, no I don’t”

“How don’t you know? You’ve spent millions of years here???”

“I mean yeah, but the creatures here keep making up random lines that only certain people can cross or the people living there get mad.”

“You mean countries?”

“It makes no sense!”

“Wow,” Echo stated blankly, “Can you at least tell me where the nearest settlement is?”

“Yeah it's uh….” Chaos trailed off.

“Oh my time.” Echo whispered under their breath, shaking their head slightly.

“... uh, like east.”

“I’m going to die.”

Echo made their way through the forest, ignoring Chaoss’ nagging. Birds chirped unfamiliar songs and the plants surrounding them seemed slightly off from what they were used to. “Huh, this really is a different world.” They muttered, trudging through the diverse plants.

Hours passed, and the sun fell behind the horizon and the sky began to darken as stars lit up the sky. “How far- huf- did you say the settlement - huf huf- was?” Echo asked, panting slightly.

Uhh….”

“I am going to commit a homicide.”

“Hey look light! Ha ha ha?” Chaos pointed out, voice wavering slightly as they gave a weak laugh.

“Oh, thank fuck! An inconvenatly far away place that I only found after the sun had gone down,” Echo exclaimed, walking faster to the source of the light.

The forest began to thin as they reached the top of the hill overlooking the settlement, “Finall-- EEEEE” Echo shouted as they tripped over a tree root and rolled down the hill. Landing face first. “FUU--”

“Oh my gods sir, are you alright?!” A startled voice exclaimed.

“Yeah, just fell down an entire hill.” Echo responded, lifting their face up to look at the person.

“I see, do you need any medical treatment… sir? Ma’am? I’m sorry, what are you.”

“Lost.”

“Oh, uh, not what I meant.” The unnamed fellow said nervously, “Anyway, I’m Aleta.”

“Cool.”

“And you are…?”

“Lost.”

Aleta eye twitched, “Do you need help by any chance?” She asked a bit snippishly.

“Yeah, you don’t happen to know where the nearest church is for Chaos, would you?”

“Chaos?” Aleta responded confused.

“Yeah, the god, Chaos, real incompetent kind of annoying, but grows on you. Like a wart.”

I could smite you, ya know.”

“Try me.”

“What?” Aleta questioned.

“What?” Echo echoed.

“Who were you talking to?”

“What are you talking about?”

“I- whatever.” Aleta took a deep breath, “If you’re wondering where the nearest church is, I can take you.”

“Oh, sweet, thank you.”

Aleta looked like she wanted to scream.

“I like your hair, by the way, it looks super neat.”

“I- thank you…?” Aleta questioned, becoming flustered. Awkward silence followed.

Echo stared up at the night sky taking in all of its features, the moon especially it was much larger than the one on earth, “You guys have a really pretty moon,” they commented.

“What do you mean, we have a pretty moon?” Aleta asked skeptically.

“The one from my home dimension wasn’t as big as this one. It’s a nice change.”

Aleta stared quizzically at Echo, confused and concerned, yet couldn’t help but admire them a bit in the moonlight. Damn, are they always this beautiful? What no fuck. A prick, there a prick, don’t be swayed by pretty people!!! “Right…” She said, blushing slightly.

Echo looked back at her, “Why are your cheeks red?? Did I embarrass you somehow?”

“YeAh yeah, that’s uh definitely what happened! Haha.”

Echo stared at them for a few seconds before responding, “Aight.”

They walked in silence for a few moments, Echo occasionally glancing up at Aleta’s ears.

“I really wanna touch your cat ears, they look really soft.”

Aleta choked.

“Ah shit, is that like a sexual thing for you, I swear I didn’t know.”

“No-- cough cough-- no it’s nOt.” She broke down into another coughing fit, “Most people just don’t ask that, it’s like hugging a stranger.”

“Ooooh. Can I tho?”

Aleta was screaming, “Su- sure!” She squeaked, bending her head down slightly.

Echo chirped as they softly scratch behind Aleta’s ears, like they used to do with their old cats. Pulling away after a few moments. “I was right, they're the same as my old kittens.”

Best ear scratches. Nono prick prick prick, remember that also probably insane. Be cool be cool. “Eeh.” What was that?! Aleta coughed into her hand, “ThE church is just around this corner here.”

Oh, thank time.”

Time?”

The gods are self-absorbed. I am not adding to that.”

Aleta continued to be confused. “Well, maybe don’t do that at the church, they don’t take kindly to people who disrespect their gods.”

Echo hummed as they rounded the corner, coming face to face with the church. “Whose church is this anyways?” They asked, gesturing to the church.

Ocris, the god of the tides.”

Oh them, they're pretty chill. I’m pretty sure they’re pining for Protection.”

Aleta blinked. The door to the church swung open, and a mysterious voice called out, “Welcome to the temple of Ocris.”

Oh what the fuc--” Echo screeched, jumping a meter into the air.

Good evening high priestess Aclina.” Aleta said softly, bowing her head slightly. “My friend here is lost and looking for some guidance.”

Not in the religious sense in the literal one. I have no idea where I am.”

The priestess looked down at Echo, “Of course--” The priestess’s eyes widened in shock as she seemed to come to some kind of realization. “You, you my dear, seem to have a divine aura surrounding you?” She questioned, sounding unsure.

Yeah I guess that would probably happen if you lived in the realm of the gods for a while.” Echo commented offhandedly.

Aclina gasped, falling into a deep bow.

What no don’t--”

YOUR GRACE I DIDN’T REALIZE!! WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO SERVE YOU CHOSEN ONE!!!”

Ah fuck.”

W h a t?”

Aleta we gotta run man this is a cult.”

You're connected to the gods!?”

End me.”

Oh this is great, comedy gold!”

Echo stopped for a second then an evil grin spread across their face.

Oh no.”

Yeah, I’m actually Chaos’s chosen one. I was sent a little to early however, there was an incident you see, so I’m hoping you could help me find my way back?”

Acline responded promptly, “Of course your grace we will do everything in our power to aid you in your quest!”

Thanks also, please stop bowing.”

Aclina snapped up to attention. “Of course! Right this way.”

Wait, wait, wait, if you’re the chosen one for Ises, then why do you look human? Ises is the god of us Cronid.”

The priestess gasped, opening her mouth to scold Aleta, before Echo raised their hand.

You see when I was with Chaos in the void I was messing with my form a bunch and when I was chucked to here I ended up stuck in this one.” Echo lied smoothly.

That can happen?”

Yep.”

You are such a liar.”

“Priestess Aclina, what is taking so long?” A smooth voice called out.

Aclina turned and did a short bow, “Olipa, the chosen one has arrived.”

Echo glanced at the man before them. Olipa’s eyes widened, “Truely?!”

Aclina nodded, “Yes, tell the nuns to prepare our finest room for them, we will be assisting them in their quest. A great honor has been bestowed upon us!”

Olipa nodded, “Right away high priestess!” Giving a bow and then rushing out of view calling out to people they couldn’t see.

Echo leaned toward Aleta, “We should go before I get a cult following.”

Aleta blinked rapidly.

“Come with me your divinity, we will treat you with only the best and will give are all to assist you on your mission.”

“Thanks, but I was hoping to find my way to the temple for Chaos.”

“Of course, of course we will contact them as soon a possible, but please come in and rest.”

Echo bit their lip, “Alright, but I bringing Aleta with me.”

Aleta choked.

“If that's fine with you that is.”

Aleta continued to cough violently.

“Take your time.” Echo said sympathetically, patting Aleta on the back.

“You’ve killed her.”

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, Be cool be cool pretty person asked you out, kinda, it's more like a cult thing but whatever. Just be natural. “AaaA.” What was that?! “I mean uh surE, sure?” Alecta coughed into her hand a few more times.

“Oh thank time, I thought I was gonna be stuck with a cult by myself.” Echo sighed in relief.

Aclina looked a bit peeved.

The two were led to a room as nuns rushed. As soon as they entered the room Echo face planted onto the bed and passed out.

“Ms. Aleta, may I speak with you for a moment.”

“Of course.” The two exit the room silently.

26