Chapter Four
285 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Enzo

The preaching ended and the event everyone was waiting for began. Paparazzi clambered to get closer and question the duo, shouting as chaos fell.

Echo heard Chaos whistle, “Glad I never had the urge to visit this place.”

“Oh really, I thought you would have loved this. It’d be a great burst to your ego.”

“Hey, even this is too much for me.”

Aclina saved the day, getting the paparazzi and politicians in order and the general chaos of the area to quiet down.

“Their grace will now be taking questions, One at a time raise your hand...” Aclina announced, scolding them as if they were school children.

Everyone’s hand raised.

“You blue shirt.” Echo called.

“What do you plan to do while here!?”

“Go back home and torment Tides and Protection, next question. You with the gray hat.”

“What exactly do you mean by that!”

“Man do I have some tea. So Tides is completely pinning for protection, but Protection is as dense as a bolder and also a himbo. And--” Before Echo could continue their rant Aleta elbows them in the side. Echo huffed, “Basically I got here too early and now I’m trying to find a way back.”

The crowd burst into incomprehensible shouting. The duo winced.

Once the crowd had finally calmed, by some miracle, Echo called another person. “You blue and silver dress.”

“Why should we believe you're truly the chosen one?!”

“You shouldn't, always question athority. Next question.”

The crowd went wild again.

“I'm going to be deaf after this.”

Before it could spiral completely out of control the duo was brought back to their room by the staff while the high priestess helped control the crowd and calm the situation down, silently cursing Echo.

----------

“We should go.”

“Yeah, Aclina is gonna try to kill us after that.”

“Out the window?”

“Out the w h a t--”

“I feel 100 meters from the sky we got this.”

“I’m in crushing on an idiot.” Aleta muttered.

“What was that?”

“Nothing! Window you say? I’ll grab my stuff.” I’m going to throw myself out the nearest one.

----------

Aclina really wanted to end someone whose name starts with an E and ends with a cho. She had everything in order all they had to do was go with the flow. But of course not! Now she had to explain everything to the reporters about what just happened. She probably should have expected that they were Ises’s chosen. Wait, perhaps that will work.

Of course! She would play it off as a prank, they were Ises’s chosen one after all.

----------

Enzo hummed as he scrolled through the news, the chosen was certainly causing a stir. Came too early? But the high priestess claims it was a prank. Believable considering they were Ises’s chosen. They were quite interesting, however he had a job to do. While interesting he was going to be paid quite a large amount for this.

Dressed as part of the staff he pushed a cart of food to the room his target was staying. The staff here were very loose lipped, gossiping seemed to be the only thing they did. Knocking at the door he announced he had arrived with lunch. There was no reply. Frowning he pressed his ear to the door and was able to here some shuffling.

“I’m coming in!” He announced, swinging the door open.

The site that greeted him gave him pause. The devotee, Aleta, had one leg out the window. The two stared at each other. Moving slowly Aleta moved her other leg out the window.

“What--”

Aleta jumped, “Echo if you don’t catch mEEEEEEE” She screamed.

A thud was heard as Enzo rushed to the window. He looked out seeing the back of who he assumed was Echo sprinting across the garden, carrying Aleta bridal style. He cursed jumping out of the window after them. This was not how this was supposed to go.

----------

Aleta clung to Echo as they ran across the garden.

“Are we still being chased?!”

Aleta glanced over their shoulder, seeing the person who entered their room chasing behind them. Something shined and caught her eye, “Yeah and he’s got a knife!”

“Oh holy shit they really were trying to kill us!”

“Why do you sound so happy?!”

“This is my first assassination attempt!”

“Again why are you so happy!?”

“I won a bet against Chaos!” Echo then looked up, “Pay up bitch!”

Yah know what I should have seen this coming. You are a pain.”

“What bet?” She asked bewildered.

“We made a bet to see how long it would take for someone to try and kill me, Chaos bet three days I bet 24 hours.” Echo responded, grinning wildly.

Am I attracted to this? Aleta internally questioned. Oh gods no, please their so stupid, but damn if that grin isn’t attractive. Nooooooooooooooooooo. Aleta buried her face in Echo shoulder blushing madly. Just kill me now it would be a mercy.

The duo made it out of the cathedral area rushing into town and blending into a crowd of people. Echo set Aleta down as they entered the crowd grabbing her hand instead so she wouldn’t lose her. Aleta wobbled abit as she was dragged along behind Echo. They moved with a purpose, causing her to wonder where they were going. Until she remembered Echo had no idea where they were.

Moving to stand beside them she asked, “Where are we going exactly?”

“No idea.”

Aleta sighed, “I’ll lead we’re going to the train station. We can head to my house from there.”

“Ok, also we're still being tailed.”

“What?! I thought we lost him already.”

“Nope, the leech is pretty persistent. I’ll confront him.’

“What no, why would you do that?”

“This is probably the best place. We’re in a crowded area. If he tried to kill us there would be witnesses, and people to get us to the hospital.”

Aleta was silent for a moment, “Fine, fine, but if we get stabbed I’m suing.”

“Aight fair enough.”

Echo looped their arm with Aleta’s and turned around making eye contact with their pursuer. He stopped as they began to approach him while making eye contact the entire time. He seemed to fidget a bit, not prepared for this at all. He didn’t step back. Holding his ground as the duo approached.

Aleta hung on anxiously to Echo. She did not like this. Echo stopped in front of the man.

“So how much were you paid to do this?”

He blinked, shrugged and replied, “Two million.”

Echo whistles, “Damn that much.”

“That’s low, you're the chosen one.” Aleta blurted out.

“Ah right forget about that,” they cleared their throat, “You accepted that little money, I'm worth more than that make it 50 mil.”

“You realize I'm trying to…kill you, correct?” He was caught completely off guard.

“Yeah, thanks by the way, I won the bet.”

“I can’t.” He said spinning on his heel and noping out.

“Bye!” Echo called. Turning to Aleta they said, “Well lead the way to the train station!”

She nodded and led Echo to the station.

----------

Enzo dodged out of the uncomfortable situation with his target. Looping around he began to tail them at a farther distance away. He should have demanded more money. This target is a pain.

22