Chapter Six
209 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    By the time they had finished cleaning the apartment, they had reached an agreement. Only after being zapped twice. At this point, it was five a.m. and they were ready to pass out. Groaning, they dragged themselves onto the pull-out bed, flopping on top of it and passing out. Aleta marched to her room and passed out there. By the time any of them woke up, it was well into the afternoon.

    Echo’s eyes softly opened as they lay on the side, hugging something. It was the assassin. They screamed and punched him in the nose, rolling off the bed with a thud.

    “Ack!” He exclaimed, holding his nose.

    Echo popped back up, “Why are you still here!?”

    “Hey, I was tired, I just wanted a nap.” He whined.

    “Surprised you didn’t try and kill me.”

    “I did, I just kept getting zapped.”

    “Huh, Chaos wasn’t completely incompetent this time.”

    “Rude.”

    “Where the hell were you? I almost got stabbed!”

    “I was trying to find the others, they were still avoiding me. Also, you would have been fine.”   

    “Yeah, sure maybe, but getting stabbed still hurts.”

    Enzo was at a loss. “I’m trying to kill a crazy person.” He muttered. He heard a ding. A text from his employer. Opening it, he read.

 

    Trash Cult leader

        Is the job done yet?

 

Enzo

No

    Trash Cult leader

        Get it done before I send someone to replace you.

 

Enzo

Oooo, didn’t you tell me I was the only one you could trust with this~

 

    Trash Cult leader

        You and I both know that was bullshit.

   

    Before he could reply, he was interrupted. 

    “Who ya talkin to?” Echo asked off to the side.

    “The person who hired me to kill you.”

    “What’d they say?”

    “Basically to get it done quick, or he’s gonna send someone else to kill us both.”

    “What a prick.”

    “Preach.”

    They fell into silence again. Echo got up and went to the kitchen to scavenge for food. 

    “Fuck, I don’t know what any of this is!” They exclaimed.

    “How don’t you know?!” Enzo screamed back.

    “I’m not even from this dimension! We don’t even have mana where I’m from.”

    “Ugh!” Enzo groaned, getting up and moving to the kitchen. “Move, I’ll make breakfast.”

    “Fine, don’t burn it though.”

    “Who said I’m making you anything?”

    “...ALETAAA.” they called.

    Enzo pales.

    “Shut the fuck up!” came the muffled reply from the bedroom.

    The duo feel silent. Breakfast was an interesting affair. Out of fear, the two were able to work together, only causing mild damage. Mostly from Echo, they had no idea how to use any of the technology.

    “What the fuck do you mean ‘just use mana,’ I barely even know what that is!” 

    “Why does everything here require mana to work!? It was cool the first few times, but now I’m just confused.”

    There were only minor wounds

   

----------

 

When Aleta finally dragged herself out of bed and entered her kitchen, she expected to see a mess. Shockingly enough, nothing seemed to be broken that wasn’t broken last night. The next thing she saw was Echo and the other one sitting at the table munching on…something.

“Huh, you didn’t try to kill each other.”

“Yeah, you're scary.” Echo chirped, biting into whatever they made.

“Maybe don’t wake me up at two am next time.”

“We made breakfast! Come eat with us.”

“Echo burned it.”

“Oh please, you wouldn’t even let me in the kitchen after I almost blew up the blender.”

“Why were you even using the blender!” The assassin exclaimed, slamming his hands down and standing up.

Echo snarled, standing up as well. “Like you would have done any better, you–”

“Enough!” Aleta snapped. “Sit down, both of you.” She took a deep breath. “While I appreciate the effort to make breakfast. Stop trying to kill each other. I just woke up.”

“Sorry.” They apologized, sitting back down.

“Why are you still here?” She asked, done with this.

“I was tired, and this dumbass didn’t know how to cook. Was gonna end up killing themself before I could.”

“I see. Get out.”

“Fair enough.” With that, the assassin stood up, shoved some food in his mouth and walked out the front door. Echo stuck their tongue out at him.

The rest of breakfast was in silence.

 

----------

Echo began to feel sweat form on their brow as Aleta continued to ignore them. Worry settled into their mind as they frowned.

“Sorry about waking you up.” Echo apologized.

Aleta sighed, shoulders relaxing a little, “Just don’t destroy my apartment next time.”

“Can I pay you back?”

“No, don't worry about it.”

“You sure I’m like 80% sure I have some kind of mana.”

Relizaion flashed on her face, “That’s right we haven’t gotten your test for mana.”

“Where do we do that?”

“The church…”

“.... FUU--” Echo’s head banged on the table before shooting back up again, “Aight let’s get this over with.”

Aleta eyes were wide as she was reaching towards Echo before she stopped, “Why would you--”

“Just had to get it out of my system.”

“Al-alright?” How are they still alive?! “Just don’t do it again.”

“If it bothers you so much, but the other option is punching the nearest wall.”

Aleta was speechless.

“Anyway, any news on what’s happening back at… wherever we were.”

“Oh right! We need to check that.” Aleta stood, grabbing the remote off the table and switching on the Tv. The sides of the remote glowed a faint white color as the screen lit up.

“I love that it looks so cool. Why couldn’t my world be like that.” Echo lamented.

“Don’t be sad, you get to learn magic now too!” Aleta chirped.

Echo began to cackle. Aleta felt as though she had made a mistake somehow. Their attention was drawn to the tv soon after.

“Isis's chosen, who has been confirmed to be a transmigration named Echo, and their devotee the internet famous Aleta have gone missing.” 

“Whoops.”

“Footage has been leaked of them fleeing Ocis’s temple in Liliadale city. Being chased by an undefined figure dressed in staff attire.”

“There were cameras?” 

“Oh no.”

“Here we can see the duo jumping out the window in order to get out. Watch the footage here.”

The duo were shown while they were jumping out the window. Echo catching Aleta bridal style. Aleta felt her face heat up. Groaning she buried her head in her hands, “That’s so embarrassing.” She muttered.

The footage continued showing them running across the garden.

“We currently do not know the location of the duo. An investigation is underway as we speak.”

“We should do something about that.”

“Yeah, before this spirals out of control.”

“We can make a video?” Aleta suggested.

“That’ll work.” Echo agreed.

19