Road to Haga – Part 8
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  Thankfully, the team did not encounter any trouble with sleeping. Mike has slept a few moments later when he was looking outside, with the gun in his hands. When these three survivors have wake up, first, they are packing their things up and left in the attic, then the house and heading to the vehicle they found yesterday.

  Gerald is sitting in the driver seat, while Ronald and Mike are sitting on the seat behind and being carefully at their surroundings. You never knew when you encounter a zombie or a psychopath who wanted to put bullets into their heads. While Gerald was driving slowly the car, he told them.

  "We do not want to waste gas, alright."

  "So you drive slowly? Better move, old man." says Ronald to his driver who thanks him for saying that "sweet" thing by smiling.

  "Alright, Rascal." says Gerald back to Ronald, and Mike is just sitting there, wondering, why he is there and feeling like a third wheel or something similar.

  The car leaves the street successfully, attracting two zombies who were walking fast toward them, but Mike and Ronald took their knives and stabbed them. Mike stabbed the head of one of those head, and Ronald just slashed his throat and pushed him back, landing on a pile of three corpses who were lying there.

  "You shouldn't be that careless, you know?" says Gerald to those two survivors. "You never knew what those sons of bitches can do."

  "Okay. Sorry." says Mike to Gerald. "I just wanted to be safe, you know."

  "We will be much safer if you two will close the windows, enjoy the ride and be careful if a big horde will come at us."

  "There is no chance." says Ronald. "Yesterday, I think we've killed all of them in this city."

  "Maybe yes, maybe not. We can never be sure about that, Rascal."

  These three survivors are going with the vehicle they have taken from the city and heading to the Docks, the place where these three survivors are going to take their boat into safety. But foremost, they have to go to another place to take a new car, since this one has fuel for only eleven more kilometres. These dudes should've taken the fuel out of their car and put it into that car, but, since it was morning and most of them felt dizzy since they haven't slept that well five days ago because of zombies attacks and all, this is understandable.

  Their road remained the same, go through Amsterdam, then Leiden and reach Haga. But now, these survivors are taking a rural road instead of a highway or a national one because most of those roads are blockages made by zombies, corpses lying on the road, cars and trucks who crashed and probably a helicopter who did a heavy land in the middle of a street and blown everything up. This is rarely happening, but it could be happening.

***

  A few minutes later, their car has stopped, into an area who is almost empty, besides the small farm which is located three minutes from their car. They are getting out of their vehicles after discussing what they could do, and Ronald suggested going to the closest house, take a car from there and use it for the rest of their travelling or pumping the gas out of that vehicle. Gerald and Mike agreed on the plan, and they go to the main road, ignoring the zombies who are cut down, laying on the road, or the cars who are somehow blocking their way.

  While they were walking on the main road, carrying their backpacks and pistols, they spotted a tank, which is off the road, and crashed into a big tree. Mike suggested to those two survivors.

  "Should we take the tank guys? It might cause some noises, but we will be fine until we reach Haga."

  "Do you have a driver license for this thing?" asks Gerald to the guy who proposes this scheme.

  "We are in a zombie apocalypse. Does a license count?"

  "We will not take a tank, Mike. This could be easily stopped if a horde is surrounding us. Don't you remember that night when a tank came, they surrounded it and start attacking the tank, who made him drive slowly, and destroyed one building filled with other survivors?"

  "I do remember. Sorry."

  "... Let's move!" says Gerald who is continuing walking to the closest house.

  "Your idea was good, but I am with Gerald." whisper Ronald to Mike. "It might be senile and crazy, but at least he got experience in a war he fought."

  "I think you are right." whispered Mike to Ronald.

These three survivors have arrived at a small farm, and there they saw, a small van, who could help them arrive at their destination. But, when they were about to go and take the van, they encounter a fat zombie who seems to be the corpse of the owner of that Farm. Gerald is quickly shooting the zombie's head, and he with the team, is quickly taking that van and drive as fast as possible to Amsterdam.

  The zombie who got shot in the head is getting upon his head, and his, which is doing a ridiculous process like a mutant, alien or a machine in a movie, is pulling the ammo which hit the head of that zombie. That ammo falls onto the road, and the zombie is walking back to the barnyard. The team, which was at a far distance, they have encountered another type of zombies without knowing, "Healer.", a zombie who can heal himself.

1