Road to Haga – Part 11
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  After a while, these three survivors have finally made it to the last city which is on their way to safety, Leiden. A city with a rich cultural heritage, not only in science but also in the arts. Leiden has important functions as a shopping and trade centre for communities around the city. And this city is the only one who could help them get into Haga.

  But there is a problem, the main road of the city is blocked by a bunch of crashed cars, and also a part of an aeroplane which blocked almost all of those roads in the city which are leading to the highway. Their only option now is to go by foot to the docks or find other sets of wheels in this city.

"I am sorry." says Ronald. "Guess driving through cities was a bad idea."

"Don't sweat it, kiddo." says Gerald putting his backpack and reloading his pistol. "At least it got us far enough. Now, we have to find another way to Haga, and then freedom."

  "Guys. Check this out!" says Mike pointing into a roof of a building a survivor, who is waving at them, and he holds, on the other hand, a sniper rifle.

  Mike was about to wave back at him, but that survivor on the roof is quickly pointing the sniper rifle at them, and he was about to shoot him. But, thanks to Gerald's military training, he drags put himself and Mike down, while Ronald is hiding on the right side of the vehicle.

  "What the fuck?" says Ronald. "Why he is shooting at us?"

  "Maybe he thinks we are infected." yelled Mike.

  "I don't think so. Zombies cannot drive a vehicle."

  "But they can jump, right?" asks Mike.

  "They can jump and throw things, but they cannot drive a vehicle cause they do not have a brain." says Gerald who is feeling angry because Mike is saying some bullshits.

  The guy from the roof continues to shoot. he was close to hitting the car window where Ronald is hiding. And this made Ronald crawl to the other broken car who entered in collusion with the one who recently got hit by a sniper rifle bullet. He did an amazing job crawling to the next vehicle, but this doesn't stop the sniper rifle dude who continued to shoot at him. He hit the concrete, which was almost three centimetres to him. Ronald lets a sigh of relief, and he turns back to his squad, who is hiding by a barricade. Gerald sees him, and he quickly throws his gun at him.

  "Go and kill him."

  "What?" he asks Ronald not believing he has to kill a real person. "No way, man."

  "Why? Is it trying to kill us?"

  "He might think we are zombies, may-"

  "Go and kill him, now!" says the old man, who was close to getting hit by that bullet of the sniper dude.

  Ronald did not want to do this thing, but he has no choice. He takes the pistol, Gerald rolled on the concrete to him, and he quickly runs to the other car. The sniper bullet was hitting the tire of the car where Ronald was running. After he arrived at the third car, he saw a zombie who is crawling from behind. He aims the gun at him without any regret and shoots his head. That zombie fall on the ground and Ronald is running to the building, which is not in that sniper dude visor.

  He got to the building, which is an apartment complex. He sees a few broken windows, smashed doors, and a few pieces of shattered glasses. This brought some nasty memories to Ronald, the ones he encountered at the building where he lived for a short while. That block got destroyed by monsters while he was sleeping. He sweated blood ( expression ) and he runs into the building while he is attacked by a few small zombies. He ignores most of them, or he pushed them while he was climbing the stairs to the roof.

  A few moments later, he arrived at the roof, and he observed the sniper it is at the other block. Ronald was about to go at the roof and tries to do a suicide mission, but thanks to the zombie climber, who was climbing the building where the sniper dude continues to shoot at the location where Ronald and Mike are hiding. That zombie climber is about to reach the sniper dude's arms.

  "Whoa!" yelled the enemy when he saw that zombie who is climbing the building like a mountain goat, and he bashed the head of that one with the sniper rifle.

  Ronald shoots his pistol at that guy. This is not a good strategy since that pistol shoots only at a small distance, and the distance between them is almost one hundred meters. But, the bullet hits the enemy's right arm, which made him drop the rifle, scream, and hide his scratch with the other hand. He yells at those survivors who shoot them, but Ronald continues to shoot one more bullet, which hits the knee of the enemy and made him fall on the roof.

  Now, that the enemy is incapacitated, Ronald sees a fallen huge antenna that made an unstable bridge to the building where the man is located. Ronald takes some courage, and he slowly walks on the antenna while he keeps his balance cause every small mistake could conduct to death. If he falls, he will hit the concrete or one parked car at a distance of almost 30 meters. But if he is not going fast, he might get shot by that sniper rifle dude, if he will get quickly on his feet. And there is the situation that this antenna might collapse at any minute. 

  Ronald is walking slowly on that antenna made of metal, while he is walking slowly, he is praying to God, and he is feeling sorry that he couldn't help those survivors back at the complex in Groningen. He is also feeling bad making fun of Gerald cause he was one of the most broken men in that building who is still standing in the face of danger. 

  He arrived in that building, and he saw the enemy who was about to take out his sniper and shoot at Ronald but was slower than Ronald and this resulted in a shoot in the head. Ronald pulled the trigger as fast as he could, and he shoots the head of that enemy, right between the eyes, the critical zone like some doctors from the war field would say. He goes closer to the corpse of the survivors, and he sees his face. The enemy was not a man, it was an Asian woman. It looked so innocent and hurt. Almost every hand of her is covered in bandages. Ronald is feeling guilty to kill a survivor. Especially killing a girl.

  Ronald left the building without taking the sniper rifle, nor her backpack. He killed her, but he did not have the heart to throw the woman and the zombies on the street, nor to take her things. But, before he was about to head downstairs, he waved at his teammates to sign that everything it is fine, and they could leave their hideout. While Ronald was heading downstairs, he got to the second floor, and then someone, bust through the door, waving a gun and aiming at Ronald, who quickly surrenders.

  The man who is aiming a gun at him is a fat Hungarian man who asks him in English.

  "Who are you?"

  "I am a survivor. Just like you, man."

  "W-W-What have you done to the girl?" he angrily asks Ronald.

  "S-She... She died due to a zombie who was climbing the building." lies Ronald to that man, but unexpectedly, the man threw the gun away, and hugs Ronald, thanking him for freeing his group from that crazy bitch.

1