Road to Haga – Final Part
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After two hours of driving into the streets with corpses, broken cars, collapsed buildings, zombies, a few barricades put by the police to protect themselves from those zombies, our three survivors have made it to Haga, the city where their freedom will begin. After a long road from Groningen, travelling with a jeep through Drachten and taking gas from a gas station there, surviving through Hell in Harlingen, Amsterdam and finally made it in Leiden, the place where they stayed for almost a day and night, and meet the soldiers who are occupying to save this whole world.

  These three dudes are stopping in front of a fence, which is blocked by a military truck, but around them are just zombie corpses and some military officers who got killed before these three survivors arrived. They are scared cause they think that this wall of soldiers wasn't able to face these zombies. Gerald heard a groan, and he quickly draws his pistol, and with one bullet shoot the zombie who was on the other side of the fence. That bullet shot by Gerlad hit the zombie corpses head and made him fall to the ground. These three survivors observed the corpse it is wearing a military uniform and got bite marks around his body. Ronald observed the helmet of the zombie is already damaged, a few marks were left on that helmet, which means a man could've destroyed that hat or even a new type of zombies these survivors haven't met yet.

  "What happened here?" asks Mike to his friends looking down at his legs and seeing countless corpses around the ground, a big amount of used bullets, a few melee weapons and blood everywhere.

  "These bastards weren't able to hold this port?" asks Ronald to Gerald taking a random key that doesn't look damaged and shows to Gerald.

  "That key it is for what I think it is?"

  "Most likely." says Ronald. "But like I said one time. I wouldn't be able to drive since I never st- I mean drive or work at boats."

  "Dude, we know you were stealing cars back then. Before all of.. this." says Mike to Ronald, and makes him feel ashamed that he hide this thing for so long.

  "Oh... Are you mad?" asks Ronald to Gerlad and Mike.

  "To me, it doesn't matter. You do a great job at what you do, damn rascal." says Gerald smiling at Ronald.

  "Well... You did some awesome work for us, dude." says Mike smiling at Ronald.

  "Thank you, guys." says Ronald who is feeling overwhelmed by this emotion he has never experienced in his entire life.

  "Enough with this lady talk, gentlemen." says Gerald going closer to the barricaded entrance to their safety. "Our freedom is on the other side, now, our only chance is to climb over this truck, jump on the other side, and runs to any available boat out there."

  "What if the boat is running short on fuel?"

  "We will not take that one. Because we are aiming to one who doesn't need gas. Now, before we are about to do our final mission, I want to tell you that. You two are some fine soldiers. If I were in the Army again, it would've been my honour to fight with you two by my side." says Gerald who is looking at those two who are clapping for this small encouragement talk, and then he turns around. "Ready?"

  "Yes!" responds these two survivors who are wielding their weapons, Ronald is wielding two pistols, while Mike is wielding an assault rifle he found on the ground with a full clip.

  "LET'S GO!" yells Gerlad who is already climbing to that truck, and with Ronald and Mike.

  On the other side, they see countless reanimated corpses who are just standing there or others who are eating the rest of those corpses left there. Gerald is aiming his weapon at those zombies and he proceeds to shot them, Ronald and Mike are doing the same. Together they gunned down a few zombies, and after they killed enough, these two are sprinting to the boats that are located on the dock.

  At the time, these three got on the wooden floor, they see there a soldier who is crawling to a boat, but these three sees the soldier it is just half, only his torso with one arm, and head are there. That soldier sees the survivors, and yells at them to save him, and bring him into a boat. Gerald was about to put an end to that man, but the soldier who is only half piece screamed at them.

  "Don't shoot me, ma'am! I am not infected. Yet. We have a cure! WE HAVE A DAMN CURE!" says the soldier who made Gerlad, Ronald and Mike feel speechless.

  "What?" asks Mike. "There is a cure."

  "Yeah... That cure could save all of our lives! It could turn humanity back to"

  But before he was about to end his line, a scream, is coming closer from these survivors.  At third meters from there, a big zombie, with massive muscles, and wearing ripped clothes is going through a building wall, he looks angry at those survivors and he screams at the sky. These survivors are terrified of this thing because it is the first time when they encountered one.

  The soldier starts screaming for help, while Gerlad is gunning down that thing by using his assault rifle which was gifted by that soldier named Garen. The wonder soldier screamed that the bullets couldn't destroy this thing, only explosives could do it. Ronald was also trying to shot that huge thing by using the shotgun he found earlier on their way to the pontoon. But, Mike, after he had a flashback from his past when he played a video game with his "friends" he realized that the thing in front of them is almost acting like that one he encountered many times, so, he runs to the closest boat to found something which will help them overcome this massive beast.

  "Mike! What are you doing?" asks Ronald when he sees Mike running to the closest boat and start looking in the room where the sailor is living or sleeping, to see if he can find a propane tank.

  He looks at the entire small room, on the kitchen part, but he didn't see one, so, he runs to the other boat, hoping that he will find a propane tank or something explosive. While Mike is searching for an explosive thing, these two survivors are having a hard time gunning down that giant who is walking at them at a fast pace.

  "Die! Die, you motherfucker!" says Ronald reloading his shotgun by adding three more shells to his shotgun.

  Then, the monster starts looking at a small boat, he takes it with his boat arms, looks angry at those two survivors and at that wounded soldier. The survivors are looking terrified at that thing, and wondering how they could defeat such a monstrosity.

  "Oh, God." says Gerald who is looking around and he has an idea. "Let's dive in, Rascal!"

  "Alright." says Ronald following Gerlad, and he jumps after him into the salty water.

  The monster throws that boat, which was supposed to be their place, and the boat has hit only the wounded soldier who was already dead, to begin with. The boat has landed on his head, the vertical part, which has crushed his entire head and will also prevent his transformation into a zombie, even though it will only be a crawler, and not one who could walk or run. A small fry who could be killed easily.

  When the boat has landed on the pontoon, it almost breaks it. And if the pontoon is breaking, some of the boats there could be lost because some are tied up and entering a boat would only be possible by swimming, but with a wind condition, you never knew where a boat could land.

  Ronald and Gerlad are swimming to the closest boat, with their guns on the back. Ronald is not an experienced swimmer, but he is a fast learner. After he saw Gerlad swimming, he already understands the technique people are using to swim. These two are swimming to the boat where Mike has is looking for something useful to stop that crazy monster.

  While Mike has entered the third boat, he is looking for that thing in the room of the sailor, he found something, but he doesn't know if he could carry it. He found a propane tank, but after he was about to lift with both of his hands, Gerald and Ronald are entering the boat.

  "We have to go Mike!" says Ronald going to the wheel to direct this boat that is used for fishing. "We need to leave this place ASAP!"

  "Gerlad!" says Mike to Gerlad. "The thing cannot enter the water."

  "What?" says Gerald looking at that huge monster who just threw a boat at them.

  That huge monster is staying on the platoon, screaming at that boat where Mike and his gang have made it. Sure, it is five meters from them, and he could just take that boat back and throw it to them, could've crossed that huge zombie mind. If he wasn't branded, but because he is, this will be extremely useful for our group. Gerald is almost smiling, and he looks at Mike, who was about to throw the propane tank at that monster.

  "What are you doing with that?" asks Gerald.

  "I was about to throw at that thing and kill him." says Mike, and Gerlad is already taking the other side of the propane tank, and says to Mike. "At three. Ready?"

  "Ready!"

  "One!" says Gerald.

  "Two!" says Mike.

  "THREE!" says both of them at the same time and threw that propane tank to the water, but close to the pontoon.

  "Quick!" says Mike to Gerlad who is already taking his rifle, aim at that propane tank.

  "Goodbye, Deutschland!" says Gerald who is trying to shoot his last clip with ammo for his assault rifle.

  Some bullets hit the propane tank, and when they did, that propane exploded. The explosion was big, and this one attracted zombies from a big distance. But this explosion has destroyed the pontoon and made the huge zombie fall into the salty water, and when he got his full body on the water, the monster started screaming, waving his arms and legs for a few minutes, until the big monster, will be drowned into the water of Deutschland.

  The survivors are looking at the huge fire gong on the dock and seeing countless zombies going through that fire, burning alive and falling into the water. When some zombies fell in the water, they weren't able to swim, which means one thing. Every zombie could be killed by water, especially deep water. And this makes sense because zombies aren't able to swim due to their movements, but they do still be alive in water since they are already dead.

  Gerald, Mike and Ronald are slapping their hands together, yelling "Horray!" and sitting in the room of the sailor while they are opening a pack of beers and proceed to drink them.

  "For our long road through Hell!" says Gerald to all of them, then their beer bottles collide, and proceed to drink that beer while they laugh, tell some funny jokes and confess their deepest secrets, like some good friends. While their boat was navigating by herself, a helicopter is leaving Haga, and that helicopter belongs to the army. As soon as Mike sees the helicopter, he left the room, and wave at him. Then, the helicopter left this area, and a guy with a megaphone told them from the helicopter, after he opened the door of the helicopter for a second, to follow them to safety. And that's what they are doing.

***

  Three days later, on one of the fifth artificial islands, made by the soldiers ( and a few skilled survivors), on a camper van who is parked on artificial grass, Ronald is waking up in that van, on the couch. He gets up from that filthy couch which has mostly chips bags and drinks spilt... I think. He looks around, he sees Mike, who is sleeping on the only bed, also in the garbage with dirty clothes and a few rounds of bullets.

  Ronald gets up from that couch, he walks slowly to the door of the camper van, he left the van and goes to that picnic table outside where Gerlad who has already wake up, is eating a soup, made by Dolores, a great chef of this island.

  "Good morning!" says Ronald to Gerald.

  "Good morning, to you!" replies Gerlad to his friend. "Slept well?"

  "Kinda. Mike has a behaviour like an animal sometimes."

  "Well. That is our Mike. He might be weird, but extremely smart." says Gerald after he takes a spoon of that amazing soup. "You should totally eat Dolores soup."

  "Maybe later, boss... Wasnt this day your first day as a new you?"

  "New me?" asks Gerald. "Don't laugh boy. This new me is the old one."

  Gerald finishes his soup, he takes on his helmet, his assault rifle and he goes to the training camp, to instruct the recruits who would be sent one day on the lands with roaming monsters.

  When they arrived on this island, these survivors have started new lives. Gerald has become a trainer for new fighters, Ronald hired as a Mechanic at a service auto, close to the camper van they are sleeping, and Mike is working as a supplier, with one cute girl who already fell in love with him. Things are working well for these three survivors who were going through Hell a few days ago.

1