From Cluj to Athene – Part 3
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This day was supposed to go normal for Alina, a 42 years old police office who have almost twenty years experience only in Cluj-Napoca. She got a lot of people going on this police section, drunk, on drugs, lost tourists, crackheads, homeless, gypsy people who stole a lot homes, orphan kids, irresponsible parents who couldn't take care of a single child cause of their gender or he is dumb and etc. . But this day... she will encounter something she only heard in only science fiction could happen, a dozens of zombies who made it into her police section and she with her co-workers are trying this best to put these creatures down by using pistols and their police bats. Some are even wearing riot armor and using shields, but Alina, she is not wearing any protection cause she is tough and very quick at action.

Some zombies fell down, but others were still standing because most of officers there haven't shoot a real gun, only tasers in their police careers. But Alina, is a different cop from their colleagues. Some of them used connections their parents had with the police, or used their sex appeal like in the case of that secretary who is now eaten alive by two fat zombies. Alina spend her free time going at polygon with her boyfriend and practice their pistol shootings at that place, doing competitions and bets almost every-time they went there. Both of them would bet on their clothes, a sexy night, on dinner money, and one time, they bet on a room for their vacation at Euforie Sud, but it ended up badly for them because that room was already taken. Rooms on Romania beaches are selling so fast, that even the stock market is having a normal flow.

Alina used her gun she always carry, and shoot one fat zombie head, which it made that corpse fall on the floor. Then, other zombies continues to come along, and they got shot by the other police officers, but most of them missed the heads. Alina did managed to put three zombies down with that one, before more continues to pour into this building and yelled at her colleagues.

"Retreat!"

She runs from this hallway to the first floor, where some prisoners are kept and yelled at each other, fighting or even faping to some questionable pictures brought by outside people. Alina and other two cops has successfully escaped that wave of zombies, but the rest of those police officers were quickly tackled by those corpses and eating, or others decided to runs from this police section and try their luck on outside. Alina and the other cops are running down the hallways where are prisoners kept, they ignored their screams, yelling and their violence acts like this is a normal thing, and it is. Also, this hallway has done a good thing for these survivors, they could use the prisoners as a zombie bite.

Alina was thinking a that, but the other two cops didn't want to do that, but before they were about to come to a decision, one zombie was running to them before they were about to close the door to stairways rooms. Alina has quickly take out her gun from sheathe and proceed to put a bullet on that zombie brain. It felt down, and Alina closes the gate, then uses the key to lock the door and proceed to run with the other two police officers to the second floor, and there it isn't anything to make their run harder, so, they took everything they can from the second room of the armory room and proceed to the last floor, which is the rooftop some police officers are using it to smoke or eat their lunch.

These people have found on the second floor some necessary weapons, but they already have those weapons so they took mostly a few backpacks, food from canteen area. Alina was the only one who took bullets while her colleagues took food and some bullets for the weapons they didn't carry it. But, there was a thing they didnt expect to see on the roof.

On the roof, there was their police chef, who was close to jump from the roof, while is holding his dead wife had on his left hand. The man cried and this moment felt so sad, and so depressing for some reason. But the only thing who made these police officers was the fact that this solid man was in this state, neither of them were prepared to encounter a man in this state, especially their boss who was an man who could put a man down, even though he is his 50's.

The man looked at Alina, probably the only competent person there, she thought, and that man told her a thing she will remember forever.

"You are promoted. And take care of you... You were always an important person of this section."

"Mr. Antonevici!" says Alina running to him, but it was to late, the man slowly fall on his back at almost eight meters into the concrete where three zombies are walking without a reason.

The fat corpse of the police chief fall after a few seconds on the concrete path, and when it did, one zombie out of those three proceed to jump on him and start biting his face. Alina and her colleagues are looking there terrified and not knowing what to say in this terrifying moment.

But before they were about to say something, a zombie saw them and he started to run to them. Alina sees the man was close to take out his pistol, but alina stops him by saying to him.

"He cannot go anywhere. The first floor is locked, remember? He will not be able to climb from here."

But the thing didn't tried to use the door, he just put his both of his hands on the wall of this police section, then he uses his legs and proceed to walk on those walls like a lizard. Thanks to his sticky blood and other cells who make this mutant evolve, it helps him to climb that wall which not even a mountain goat would be able to climb it.

"Fuck. These things are getting worse." says Alina taking the pistol and proceed to shoot into that thing, together with her colleague who draw the gun first.

Two bullets hit the zombie head who was climbing to these walls, and it made him fall on the concrete path. And when it falls, his spine and probably other bones have been braking since these survivors heard a loud crack noises coming from that monster.

"Now they can climb?" asks first co-worker.

"This will be getting dangerous." says Alina to her teammates. "We need a new strategy. And a way to leave this city."

"Are you sure leaving the city would be a good decision?"

"Yes. Why it will not be, Alex?" asks Alina to the guy named Alex which is her co-worker.

"No, no, no. It is a good idea." says Alex to her subordinates who scared him the moment she asked him this question.

"Then shut up and be prepared for anything." says Alina reloading her pistol and preparing her police bat for the zombie who might try to come here. "We don't know how much longer it will take these bastards to figure out these stairs are connected with the ground floor."

"These things are like zombies from the movie right? It might not be that smart." says the second cop.

But then, three zombies opened the door where these cops were using it to get to this rooftop. But they were slow walking type, so Alina and Alex were the ones killed these three zombies by using their pistols. Alina landed two bullets into two zombies and Alex successfully killed a female zombie who had her hand detached and this easy to defeat even in a melee combat because a missing hand on a zombie it offers and advantage even for a man who is not able to use a baseball bat on a person. These two have also did a mistake by using their pistols, which make a big noise, and this noise can attract zombies, and this attracted four more zombies.

But Alina, shoot her four bullets to those zombies, while Alex and her co-worker are going as fast as they can to that door which leads to this rooftop, locks it by using Alex key chain to the doors of this police building, and locked the door.

"Alina. You better stop using your gun." says Alex to her. "I-It attract noises."

"... I am sorry." says Alina putting her pistol to her sheathe and looks around her to see if something useful will happen.

Alina looks on the buildings next to her and she sees a lot of people on the street fighting these creatures by using different types of weapons, or one muscular building next to their police building, at fifth floor , he is pushing a zombie from the window and throw him on that floor into a fence, which impaled that zombie corpse and stops him to move permanently. That muscular man sees the cops on their rooftop and yelled at them.

"This whole building is infected with walkers! We need help!"

"We are trying top get help!" says Alina with a loud voice to that muscular man after she realize she could call her co-worker which is a police chopper pilot and he might going to help them leave this area.

She takes out her radio, turns on and says a code to that thing, a code which she requests one police chopper to the police station, but after she tries for almost sixth times to try to communicate it didn't worked out. But before she was about to gave upon this plan, a voice from their police station told them.

"Here is Capone Alinatir. The pilot of police section number 45. I am on my way to your police section, be prepared to extraction and get put into the nearest airport available."

"Airport?" asks Alina. "Why are you going to throw us to the airport."

"This is the government plan. I don't know why he is doing that instead of dealing with this thing, but at least thinks about civilians status instead of their own protection. They must be desperate to get some votes."

"Let this thing aside. How far are you?"

"In about three minutes I might be able to arrive here."

And it closes the station. Alina breath a sigh of relief, the muscular man was still on that department and he asks Alina out loud.

"Is it coming?"

"Yeah! In three minutes! GET ON YOUR ROOFTOP AND WAIT FOR THE CHOOPER TO COME!"

"GOT IT!" yelled the muscular man who is getting off from that window and proceed to head to the rooftop.

***

Meanwhile, three blocks away from the police station, there is a zombie who runs after Ana, the chick who quit her job as a cashier and let her boss being eaten alive by zombies. She doesn't have any weapon at her, only her legs who could help outrun the zombies who are after her, but there was only one, and that one is a fat zombie who is probably 100 – 125 kilograms fatter than Ana. She screams while she is running, thinking that someone might be able to save her, and this works. A guy leaves the apartment building with a kitchen knife on his hand and runs to that fat zombie who was still running after Ana, ignoring the man behind him who stabbed his neck and then he easily rotate the zombie neck 180 degrees. That attack was fast and it made Ana stops suddenly after he heard the fat zombie falling on the concrete.

"Thank you!" says Ana to that survivor who just looked at her, and he heads back to his apartment. "Hey! Would you like to come with me to the airport?"

"... No. I done think I will." says the survivor who looks at Ana for a bit before he was heading back to his apartment.

She continues walking, ignoring the rest of people who are dealing with these creatures and trying to dodge the zombies who are coming after her. She did see a crowbar on the street, next to a corpse who is about to became zombie at any moment and missing an arm, probably taken by a zombie to eat. Ana didn't cared about the corpse or the other zombie, she just took this weapon because a crowbar in this situation might be the best decision. When she puts her hand into that crowbar, she seemed fascinated for a second.

"It is big and... Not heavy." says Ana taking a look at that crowbar with blood from zombies or normal people, it is hard to deduce what kind of blood is that.

A zombie walks slowly to Ana, with his arms aimed at her. Ana sensed that monster walking to her, right when it was close to touch her back. Ana quickly got up to her feet and with one hit, she smashed that monster jaws, but it didn't killed him entirely, he still moves, but it is not a threat anymore. She doged that thing by going two steps back and did a fatal hit again, by smashing the thing head with that crowbar. The hit was so hard it made the creatures fall on his knees and with the rest of his body on the floor. Now, Ana sees a thing on how to stop these things, by smashing their heads.

Of course we know that, but Ana didn't know it until she decided to see if zombies series or movies can confirm this hypothesis.

Ana looks at the crowbar is holding, and she looks on her left, then she sees a two cars who are crash into each other. Ana goes to these cars to see if she can help them, but she sees something disturbing which will be imploded on her head and make her have nightmares. A zombie in the red car who crashed into the black car, there is a mature corpse reanimated who... is eating a... child who is screaming for help, but Ana couldn't do anything when she got to that car because it is locked and the little boy is screaming while is eating alive probably by his mother or big sister. Ana has decided to try and smash the window with the crowbar but it is to late because this little boy is already dead.

She cries, and then she uses the crowbar to hit that zombie female head, but the first year didn't did much damage. She did a second hit, and this one has made an injury, but not enough fatal to kill the zombie. A third one did stopped the zombie for a moment. And the fourth one almost killed the zombie. Before she was about to do a fifth hit, she turned around after she heard a male screaming close to her. That man is eating alive by nine child zombies, and that dude didn't looked like a tasty meal to them since he is slim.

Ana runs from this place to the nearest apartment and when it got into the building, she sees four zombies who are trying their beast to break the door where a girl is screaming for help. Ana took some courage and she yelled at those zombies.

"Hey! Nasty people! Come and get me!"

Two of these zombies are turning back to Ana and proceed to walk to her, but both of these things are tripping over the stairs and when they got to Ana feet, they were close to bite her feet, but Ana has successfully break the head of one zombie. But the other one was already killed, when it tripped and break his neck. Ana looked at the thing who is still moving, but it cannot get on his feet like the others things she encountered on the street. Ana still decided to apply double tap to that thing, just to be sure it will not move again and try to bite her.

The two zombies were still trying to enter that room, and Ana goes to help the people locked in the apartment. Ana uses her crowbar to hit the thing in the head, but it doesn't fall, the zombie but it attract those two zombies to her. Right when they were close to bite her, one arrow hit one of the zombies, and the arrow comes from her right, then another arrow hit the second zombie from the same direction. These two things lied on the floor, and Ana looks on the right side and she sees a lady with a skirt and a bullet vest, and on her back it is a Chinese man with a crossbow.

1