From Cluj to Athene – Part 4
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ana is using her crowbar to unlock the door of that apartment and when he did, a gypsy teenager leaves in hurry her room she was blocked in because of these creatures, and she probably thought they did find a way to enter the apartment. That gypsy girl was close to stabbing Ana, but she quickly told that girl she is not infected and when she speaks the gypsy girl stopped, dropped her knife and cried. She thanked Ana for saving her, and she also told her this thing.

"You have ugly hair."

Ana got used by this sentence for so long, she still cannot believe she didn't murder anybody yet. And zombies doesn't count as victims, they are just creatures who cannot think and use their combat instincts instead of rational thinking. The girl also sees that one girl with the Chinese man who helped Ana with killing two zombies. The gypsy woman looks weird at the Chinese man because she has never seen a Chinese person in real life, even though they do live in Cluj where a small Eastern Asian group is living there.

The gypsy teenager let this four survivor enter the apartment to take a break and probably stay there until the things are going to chill out outside because on this moment, they could hear a bunch of crashing into each other and people screaming on the street for help.

***

On the police station, at the rooftop, Alina with her two cops male co-workers are waiting for a police helicopter to extract them from there. Who will also try to extract the muscular man, who is on the rooftop of the next building, together with two other survivors, a girl dressed like a hooker and a blonde guy covered in blood who is speaking Romanian with a German accent.

Alina sees a chopper coming to them, and together with her colleagues are waving their hands to the chopper to get his attention. The choppers lower down, very slowly because he might be risking causing an accident on an urban area which building have now been build higher, thanks to construct workers who have decided to finally do their job.

At almost three meters height from the rooftop, the other man on the chopper is opening the door and pulls out a ladder to the cops locked on the rooftop. He yelled at them to go one at a time. Alina goes first, then Alex, and the moment the last one was about to climb the ladder, a zombie tackles the man down and proceed to tear his belly. Alina and Alex tried to shoot the thing, they did hit it, but Alex was already infected, and Alex shot him by mistake in the belly and throat. The co-pilot of this chopper is closing the door before these people were about to do a stupid suicide mission.

Good news it is that Alina and with Alex managed to kill that thing by shooting his head, and the bad news that the thing killed the second cop, who is left on the rooftop, where other zombies, who can climb buildings, are going to feast upon his body.

The helicopters managed to go to the other building are rescue the three survivors from there, right at the moment the zombies there did manage to climb the stairs and arrived at the rooftop of this building. The pilot proceed to manoeuvre this thing to head out of this place and fly to the closest airport, which is called Avram Iancu International Airport.

These five survivors are thinking that they will be heading to a safety, but the safety it will be much further. But for now, they have time for a small break because zombies are not able to fly, nor to jump that higher to the helicopter.

***

A few minutes later, on the apartment where Ho Lee (the Chinese guy), Laura (the girl with a skirt and covered in blood), Cassandra (the gypsy teenager) and Ana are sitting on the couches and sofas on living room, and analyse the situation they are in. Luckily, Ho Lee helped them a bit because he is a writer and is very well-known for apocalyptic genre because he wrote a bunch of web novels about zombies or nuclear warfare.

The woman who assisted Ho Lee it is named Laura, and this badass girl was an IT worker, expert in First-Person Shooter Gamer such as Valorant, CS:GO, Left 4 Dead, Back 4 Blood and other series which are convenient for this event. Laura worked at this job for about eight hours and on the rest of those eight hours she spends playing video games, sometimes alone, sometimes with her fiancé which... got killed a while ago by a zombie.

Cassandra is looking at Ho Lee and asks him.

"Are you Chinese?"

"I am." says Ho Lee, feeling annoyed because this question was asked for thousands times since he came to Romania.

"Cool." says Cassandra.

"And you two?" says Ho Lee, looking at Cassandra and Ana. "Are you two bitten or something?"

"No. I am not bitten by these... creatures?" asks Ana.

"Those are zombies." says Ho Lee to Ana who probably never heard of zombie shows, novels, comic books or movies about zombie apocalypse. "Creatures who can be killed by just hitting their head."

"Yeah. I killed a few of them on my way with this." she shows Ho Lee her bloody crowbar.

"And you did a niece job. Also... Aren't you scared?"

"I am." says Ana. "But I do know how to hide my emotions."

"... Okay." says Laura, looking weirdly at Ana, and then at Cassandra. "And... How did you get into this apartment?"

"T-This building was of a man." says Cassandra to Laura. "Who... Bought my service."

"You mean your prostitute?" asks Laura, being shocked by this information.

"My parents are poor and use the money government said to them to use the lottery or play on the Bar at Slots Machines... They forgot about me and my three sisters... I just... Worked for myself." she says, starting to tear up. "But I am feeling terrible for leaving my sisters behind... I just hope... Hope they are alive..."

The rest of those three survivors are feeling bad for Cassandra. But, they do also have families and do not know what happened to them. Laura told them she tried to contact her parents, but the phones didn't work out cause of the signal. Apparently, zombies or something must've put down phones cables around this city, but most likely, there were a few cars who crashed into power poles cause of this apocalypse.

Cassandra asked them if they can help her get to her village to see if the members of her family it is still alive, but survivors couldn't do it because Ana asked them.

"Should we head to the airport? And take a plane to a safe island?"

"You want to risk your life on an island?" asks Laura. "Hell... I am in."

"I will also go." says Ho Lee, looking at Ana. "I might found a way to head back to my hometown."

"Do you think the virus has also spread there?" asks Ana.

"Apparently, the news on the radio told that almost sixty million people got suddenly infected by this virus. And there is a high chance that this virus might've hit my country and the infection has already started it."

"But how you two would get there?" asks Cassandra. "Without a car or a transport vehicle, you cannot do it."

"Actually... There might be a way." says Ho Lee, who is looking at Laura. "You remember the helicopter who by-pass our area?"

"Do you think it would take us?"

"It is worth a try, Laura." says Ho Lee, getting out of the chair and going to the door with his crossbow prepared and his machete on the sheath at the left wrist.

The rest of these survivors are following Ho Lee to the rooftop. While they were taking the stairs to the rooftop, they encountered only two corpses and when they do, Laura was already taken her pocket knife and stabbed these lifeless corpses into their head. She did that thing to stop the transformation, which it might be going to work. That was what these survivors thought.

After a few minutes of walking the upstairs, they do arrive at the rooftop, and there they see nothing on the sky, no helicopter and no airplane. Only destruction down the streets of Cluj-Napoca, buildings on fire, people on the street running for their life, or fighting against these zombies by using any weapon, or being eaten by these creatures because they do a wrong moves who cost their life, literally.

Ana and Ho Lee sees a zombie trying to climb the rooftop. And Ho Lee, has quickly used his crossbow to shoot an arrow to the thing who managed to climb this building. It got shut down when it was at the third floor, and this thing falls on a zombie who was walking clueless on the street, and probably put the other zombie to sleep forever.

"These things can climb walls?" asks Ho Lee, surprised and shocked. "These creatures can evolve at an alarming rate, which means... In about a week... Or more than a week... Humanity, it is truly doomed, and we cannot do not many things."

"We can still do something." says Ana. "We can put these things out of their misery."

"Like in those series of zombies and movies, right?"

"Yeah... Like in those series." she says at Ho Lee. "I think your parents will be alright."

"You think... They... Are not in a good health condition since that accident at the factory... Both of them have injuries around their bodies, and my Mother has asthma. If they die... I don't think I couldn't handle it."

"Lee... They will be fine!" says Ana to his new friend. "Just like us."

Cassandra looks on the sky, and when she sees a black object from a very far distance approaching to them, she screamed like a gypsy who found her husband cheating with her cousin.

"HELICOPTER!"

Now, everyone looked on the sky, and they see the helicopter approaching to them. All four of them wave to the helicopter to come, stop for them and extract them from this location.

Thankfully, the pilot sees these people waving at him, and they extract them from there by doing the same scheme they did to Alina. And as coincidence, this is the same helicopter who is carrying Alina with her colleague, Alex.

1