Chapter 15
17 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sunday at twelve noon in the train station, Lucy found the rendezvous area and took her seat. She figured it didn't matter where she sat since she gave Johan instructions to find a girl wearing a red shirt and a blue denim skirt. With her bag on her lap, she anxiously awaited his arrival.

It felt like her nerves were rattling inside of her. The large crowd of people walking about along with the trains coming and going added to her anxiety. Even with so much noise, she felt that everyone could hear each thump coming from her heart.

Yet, as much as she had remorse for agreeing to meet him, she could not deny her desire to see who Johan was. Whenever she thought about all the fun and joy they had talking about their shared dreams, she couldn't help but feel like he's always been there. 'Maybe it'll be the same thing in person,' she thinks. 'We'll just talk about our dreams and get to know each other. Who knows, maybe something else will happen. Maybe we'll become more than just friends.' She felt a pounce on her gut whenever that thought came to her but paid no attention to it. 'I want to see who he is.'

--

At two past noon, wearing a black suit with a white shirt, Johan parked his car two minutes late, but he had more to worry about other than tardiness.

Being around so many people, he believed his nerves would eventually calm down, but this feeling only intensified upon arriving as he walked slowly toward the rendezvous area. The raucous nature of the train station on the weekend muted every individual sound, yet it felt like his footsteps were the loudest noise present.

'I'm too nervous,' he thought to himself. 'I get it. I'm meeting a complete stranger, but I've been chatting with her for some time. The old me would've been happy to meet with anyone. Why can't I be excited today as I was back in high school? I want this to be a change in my personality. I have been lonely for too long now. I need to open myself up. Besides, this is not just any girl, this is the girl who shares the same dreams I do. She's someone special to me. Maybe someone beyond special.'

--

Twelve o' five. A train opened its doors and passengers from all directions flowed in and out of the train. 'I don't see anyone with a suit,' Lucy thought. 'I still find it weird that's what he decided to wear, but he does go to college. I guess it's normal for college boys like him to do so.'

The group thins and the train closed its doors. Lucy confirmed that no person with a suit was among the crowd. There was only one person who fit such a description as she spotted someone walking in the distance. 'Clearly not him,' she thought and looked down at her phone as she sighed. 'I told him twelve. I guess it's not on the dot, but still, I think five minutes should be enough time to let me know that...' Her thoughts stopped at that moment when she noticed a dark figure from the corner of her eye. She raised her head slowly and turned it to the side. A suit was beginning to reveal itself but the figure was taller than expected. The white shirt contrasted against the darkness of his attire, which lead her eyesight higher up to see a man staring back at her direction with a look of confusion. She looked to her left and then her right but didn't anyone else. He was looking directly at her.

When Johan's eyes locked with hers, he took a step back as she got up to her feet. A whirlwind of emotions was running in their minds as the space between them was thinning.

"Lucy?" he asked causing a chill to run through her body. "Wait a minute," Johan said with realization, "You're..."

Lucy snatched her bag from the table, turned around, and fled. All he could do was watch as the young girl merged herself with the crowd ahead of him.

2