Chapter 2 – My New Family
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

But before I could come to terms with my whole reincarnation deal, an old lady slapped me in the ass and I started crying.

 

Ouch old lady what was that for!

After a while my crying gradually calmed down and I fell asleep.

“He’s a vigorous one isn’t he?” said the middle age lady holding our protagonist.

 

“Hahaha, he’s just like me when I was young, loud and energetic. He'll make a great warrior.” replied a buff man with fiery red hair.

“Mary let me hold him, I want to see his face.” a pale beauty with flax brown hair spoke, exhausted from just giving birth.

 

Mary, the wet nurse, didn’t waste any time and immediately gave our protagonist to his mother.

 

“Look honey, he inherited your red hair.” 

 

The woman smiles softly as she gently carries the baby.

 

“He has your eyes too Delia, beautiful just like sapphire.”

The man quickly came over and commented on the baby’s eyes, definitely not trying to secretly praise his wife.

 

Chuckles, oh August you and your honeyed tongue.”

The couple then quickly bartered some praises to each other and Delia finally asked the question.

 

“Honey what shall we name him?”

August stopped talking and started thinking of any good names that came across his mind. After a minute or two he finally spoke.

 

“Well since he has red hair why don’t we name him Agnus? Agnus Firemane.”

 

Delia thinks about it for a moment and nods. She looked at her child’s face and whispered softly.

 

“Then your name shall be Agnus my sweet, sweet child.”

 


 

8 years later

 

“Agnus don’t run in the hallway!”

 

“Catch me if you can Matha!”

 

It’s been 8 years since I've reincarnated in this world.

 

I’ve run the fetal breath thing every time i can, i ran it so much it became an instinct to me. Thanks to that, I have a stronger body than other kids. I'm so strong that no one can beat me when I play tag! Muahahahaha!

 

Playing aside. The one that’s chasing me right now is Martha, my personal maid. She has short silver ponytail and a monocle on her left eye, she wears an old fashioned maid dress with almost no frills and a long skirt. It looked very fancy, last time I heard she’s in her 20s . My parents hired her to take care of me when I was three years old, she’s like a second mom to me now.

“Wait! Agnus don’t climb that tree! You’re going to fall!”

 

Martha screams at me as I climb the old oak tree in our garden. Pftt! There’s no way I can fall, I've done this countless times before.

 

“No one can catch me! Weeee-”

 

As I landed on the ground, I saw something falling right to my hands. It’s a book? And it’s shining?

“Agnus! Don’t do that again! What would happen if you fell to the ground head first and got hurt!”

 

Martha screams at me with an absolutely furious face, she’s very worried about me and checks my body for any injury. Knowing that it’s my fault, I apologized to Martha and admitted my mistake.

“Sorry Martha, I'll never do it again…”

 

“Okay, okay, I know that you’ll do it again some time later, stop your teary eyes and be careful to not get hurt okay?”

“Yay! Martha is the best!”

 

“Gosh, I wonder what you'll do when you grow up like this…”

 

As Martha continued to utter her daily complaints, I suddenly remembered about the shining book that appeared in my hands.

 

“Martha! Martha! Look! What’s this!”

 

Martha stopped complaining and stared at the book in my hands, she seemed surprised and happy and quickly explained it to me.

 

“Agnus that book is called a Skill Book. It’s the gift left to us from the creator to every living being so that we can become stronger and survive better. Awakening the Skill Book at this age means you're very talented! Annie! Go and tell Sir and Madam about it! Be quick!”

 

“Yes, Miss Martha.”

 

Martha looks so excited over it, is this book really that good?

 

“Martha, you haven’t told me what this book is used for.”

 

“Ah, yes I'm sorry, I'm so excited I forgot about it. The Skill Book would allow you to gain extraordinary powers in the form of skills, at the beginning you would have 3 pages available to you and every time you rank up, 2 more pages would be added. You can select a skill to get solidified on each pages, these skills are called skill seeds because they’re the beginning of a skill tree. And Agnus don’t choose to solidify any skills until your parents come here, do you understand!”

“Yes, Martha…”

 

With that said, I observed my skill book. It looks like a thin tome one would typically see in a fantasy game. The book got a dark blue cover with nothing drawn on it, it also had some black metal decorations on the book’s edge and corners. It looks cool, as expected of my skill book!

 

I then quickly opened my skill book to see what’s inside it.

 

The first page had various things on it, such as my name, my stats, skills, titles, and rank. It also had a drawing of me on the upper right side, so cool! All of my stats except Intelligence and Will are only at F+ and my rank is at iron. I wonder how they classify this, maybe i’ll ask Martha later.

 

I flipped to the second page of my skill book, and found that it was currently blank. Suddenly I got a message in my mind. It said that I can solidify a skill on this page, but I listened to Martha’s advice and decided not to, plus my parents would probably get angry if I did.

 

“Martha, Martha, do you have a skill book too?”

 

“Of course, everyone has one.”

 

“Then why did you look so excited when I got one?”

 

“Because the younger you are when you awaken your skill book the better.”

 

“Wow… so I'm super talented?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Then can I see your skill book?”

“Okay, but Agnus, asking to see someone else’s Skill Book is a big no no, you should only ask them if they’re very close to you, do you understand?”

“Yes! Now can I see yours?”

 

“Here.”

 

Martha made me sit on her lap, summoned her skill book from her hand and handed it over to me. It has a nice green cover, with a small sapling drawn on it, did she draw it? It looks great, maybe I can ask her to draw me later?

 

Anyways, the book also had some metal decorations on them, but Martha’s book had copper one’s instead of iron. Why is it different from my book?

 

I opened the book and flipped through the first page and saw Martha’s status.

 

[Martha Silvervale


Title : Agnus’s Personal Maid, Silver Maid

Rank : Copper

 

Race : Human

Gender: Female
Age : 21

 

Health : 100%

Mana : 100%

 

Strength : E Intelligence : D-

Agility : E+ Wisdom : E+

Constitution : E Will : E

Skills:

Housekeeping, Cooking, Commanding.]

 

Huh, Martha got some pretty stats. Also her skills skewed for housework, as expected of a maid? And what’s with the commanding skill, did she boss around people or something?

 

“As you can see young master, the first page shows the general status of the book’s holder such as their rank, race, stats and skills. Although the skill bar only shows the skill seed instead of the entire skill tree.”

 

“Martha, how did you get the commanding skill?”

 

“I got it from commanding other maids and butlers around.”

 

“So if i did that i can also get that skill?”

 

“Yes, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to be a general and other jobs that require commanding.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Now then young master, let’s look at my second page.”

 

She flipped the book to the second page, and it showed a small tree with various points on it.

 

“Each point on the skill tree symbolizes a skill, the skill point would appear naturally if you meet its requirement.”

 

Martha carefully explained the functions of the skill tree to me, she then pointed her finger to the biggest skill point.

“This is the skill seed, it’s the origin and foundation of your skill tree, every skill on the skill tree is built upon it and it is the most important part of the skill tree.”

 

“Now try touching it with your finger, it will send a description of the skill right into your mind.”

 

I touched the skill seed with my finger and a message popped in my mind.

 

[Housekeeping Lvl 6

 

You can do various housework professionally and keep the house clean and tidy without any dust. The room you cleaned will remain clean for a day and is devoid of any infestation]

 

“Wow, that’s amazing. So that’s why my room is so clean all the time.”

 

“Fufu, of course, I'm young master’s maid after all, now try touching another skill point.”

 

I touched another skill point, but this time on one of the branches.

 

[Cloth Washing Lvl 5

You can wash and clean clothes to their perfect condition. The clothes will remain fresh and the colors won't wear when you wash them.]

 

“The skill seed would split into branches every time a skill specialization is added, for example there’s a lot of work involved in housekeeping, so the housekeeping skill tree would naturally have a lot of branches. Also the thicker the skill branch the stronger the skill specialization is. And if you meet the conditions you can also turn the branch into a skill seed and specialize on it more.”

 

“Wow… so you have many specialties Martha?”

 

“Of course, you only had to look at my skill branches to see that.”

 

We then continued to chat about Martha’s various skills until my parents came to see us.

It's only the second chapter and i've already broken my promise lmao

0