Day 32
57 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 32,

If my (very rough) calculation is correct, then that floating island would have passed over the road to the Village again very early this morning/late last night.  Not that I was going to try getting up before sunrise to try to see it.  I’ll need to keep a lookout the next time to see if I’m right about the schedule.

 

It’s been nagging at me for some time, but I’m starting to suspect that there are books missing from the archive.  Both a matter of certain topics being seemingly absent altogether and some entries referencing events that I can’t find the original sources for.  The real question: were they checked out and never returned, or intentionally removed?

 

Why don’t I more actively try to investigate all the obvious strangeness about this place and, indeed, my very presence here? 

It’d be too easy to blame it on some malign influence making me docile and complacent.  Whether paranormal auras, chemicals in the food and water, or subliminal signals coming off of Cloud Tower.  But really, this is one question I already know the answer to and it’s much more prosaic and personal.

I like it here, and I’m afraid of finding something that will ruin it.

 

5