Chapter 16 – 10th Floor and Orc
7.3k 6 134
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I got home, I took a shower and went to the couch. I had bought some new clothes, so I changed my clothes since the clothes I was wearing before were dirty.

After closing my eyes, I woke up the next day with Hestia calling me. When I opened my eyes, I found her standing next to me, calling me while Bell smiled bitterly behind her.

I then stood up and yawned.

"Good morning." I rubbed my eyes and then stood up.

"I thought you would sleep all afternoon."

"The afternoon?"

"Yeah, how many hours do you think it is?"

"I don't know."

"It's past lunchtime," Hestia said, sounding slightly annoyed. I then gave a smile and scratched my head. Was I that tired? I guess last night had tired me more than I expected.

"And why didn't you wake me up earlier?" At my question, Hestia pouted and then answered.

"You were sleeping comfortably. I didn't want to wake you up..." At her line, I smiled. She was a cute and kind girl. There was no way not to like her.

"Okay, I'm going to wash my face and then go to the dungeon. Have you been there yet, Bell?"

"Yes, I just got back. It's later than you think."

"I see. Prepare something to eat for when I go back." I went into the bathroom and washed my face. Then I took my knife and left the church together with Hestia. We walked the street for a while, and she went to something that looked like a market.

I walked straight ahead towards the portal.

It was late, so the line wasn't too long. I was able to get into the dungeon quickly.

As I entered, I met some adventurers who were returning. They looked at me strangely and smiled in a way that bothered me. It was as if they were belittling me.

I hate people like that. I felt like dragging each of their faces on the ground.

Haaa~~

But I just sighed and went downstairs. I met some more adventurers on the way, but all of them just ignored me. So I activated my map and started walking through the corridors and rooms.

I got an incredible number of crystals from the first to the fourth floor, but it was not enough. So I kept going down and arrived on the 9th floor. I found a group of adventurers returning from the 10th floor.

It was Ais and the other members of the Loki family that I met when I entered the dungeon for the first time. They passed me. It was as if they had forgotten me.

I confess that it hurt me a little. Am I such an unattractive person?

I could feel small tears appear in my eyes, but I wiped them away with the back of my hand and continued walking through the 9th floor. Since the birth of monsters was faster, I was "farming" crystals.

I confess that I felt like going to the 10th floor, but I held back a bit. I had managed to get my basic skills up a lot last night, so I should be able to explore down there by now.

Even more so with that overpowered skill, I've acquired. But still, I don't feel confident enough.

But this way, I'll look like an idiot, a protagonist who is fearful and stupid.

"Shit. I'll try." So I went towards the 10th floor for the first time.

####

The structure was similar to the previous floors ( 8th and 9th floor ) but had a fog. It wasn't that thick, but from what I remember, the mist got thicker and thicker until the 12th floor.

Orcs and Infant Dragons ( rarely ) will appear on this floor, monsters of a higher level than the previous ones. I knew it wouldn't be an easy fight, so I activated my overpowered skill.

The two new skills I had acquired I would think about using later. The strength increase is pretty clear what it does, and the magic strengthening skill increases the power of my magic and my magic defense.

Hell Kaios was a magical attack, so it would be good to use the magic strengthening skill when using this skill.

I continued walking while the fog blocked my view a little. The only big problem was that the fog hid the enemy.

I walked for a few minutes and reached a big place full of dry trees and fog. It looked like the spot where Bell had discovered his new ability when he helped Lili.

"Hm?" In the distance, between the trees, I could see something moving. So I decided to get closer. As I got closer, I could already identify it as a tall, fat monster.

An Orc.

Getting closer I could, I could see its pig head and a brown cloth tied around its waist. This particular Orc was ten feet tall. I could tell that his strength was incredibly high.

If I were to be hit directly by him, it would kill me instantly. It was out of the question to take a direct hit.

With my [ Body Strengthening ] and [ Strength Increase ] skills activated, I clenched the hilt of my knife and swallowed my saliva. The monster walked through the mist and then punched a tree in its path.

The tree broke into several pieces.

Fortunately, the Orc was walking in the opposite direction. I would take this opportunity to attack him without him noticing.

So I started to walk towards him in slow steps. As I approached, I activated my ability [ Magic Strengthening ] and prepared to cast my only magic [ Hell Kaios ].

As I got close enough, I activated it.

The attack had almost doubled in size, and the speed that the "blade" flew towards it was almost twice as fast as usual. The ability crashed into the Orc's back next, causing it to scream.

GAAA~~~

With a scream, the Orc had its back cut deeply by my ability. But it wasn't enough.

 

 

Help me buy a new computer and win some chapters: patreon.com/parodygirl

134