Chapter 17 – Tiona.
6.9k 4 136
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Despite the deep cut, the Orc remained standing and then roared, running towards me. With my skills, it was easy to escape.

I ran for a few meters and then hid between some trees and the mist. The Orc started screaming and running around looking for me. I then decided to make my attack. I ran towards it and then slipped my knife around its waist.

My knife was sharp, and a deep cut appeared on the Orc. After my attack, it tried to chase me, but I quickly dropped out of its vision and appeared on the Orc's back.

Then I made two deep cuts behind its knees, causing the orc to fall. After he fell, I appeared in front of it. Before it could react or do anything against me, I pierced its head.

Its body turned into particles, and a crystal fell to the ground.

"Ah damn..." It wasn't hard, but the adrenaline I was feeling right now was incredible. My heart was racing, and I was sweating. So I decided to sit on the floor and calm down before continuing.

I made sure to keep looking around because another monster could appear at any moment.

"Okay, I think I'd better go back now. I'm already a few hours in here. And I'm starving too." After resting for a while, I made my way toward the dungeon's exit.

I met some adventurers on the way, and some of them tried to talk to me. But in no mood for conversation, I ignored them. I'm sure they think I'm an asshole now. I won't blame them for that.

And after some more time, I left the dungeon. As I imagined, hours had passed. It was already night, and the bars were open. A little tired and hungry, I gave up on going to the guild today.

I was going to the pub, but I gave up since I had asked Hestia and Bell to leave something prepared to eat. But it was a disappointment... When I got there, I found nothing but a bowl of cold soup and some pieces of bread.

I went to the room, and they were both already asleep. Well, it was already late.

I sighed and went back to the living room. As I was starving, I decided to eat the soup and sleep. I'm sure I will have a lot of fun tomorrow.

'I can't be too impulsive. I'm not invincible just because I'm an "anomaly" in this world.'

####

I woke up the next day, and no one else was in the church. Bell was following his story, and I was following mine. Hestia was also following the course of history, but I don't know how long that will last.

I got up and walked to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and saw that I had some dark circles under my eyes. Maybe I am not sleeping deeply at night? That makes sense since I haven't been dreaming about anything.

From what I saw on the Internet: When you don't dream, you haven't gone into a deep sleep. But you should not believe everything you see on the Internet.

After washing my face, I ate leftover bread on the table in the living room and picked up my knife. I came out of the church, and the sun hit my face. I looked up at the completely blue sky and sighed the fresh air.

"Do I go to the dungeon again or do I do something different today? Hm?" As I spoke, I noticed an interesting person passing a few feet away from me. Tiona. She was wearing a smile as she bounced the street happily.

I decided to follow her.

She walked for a few streets and then entered an unknown restaurant. I walked up to the door and looked inside. Tiona approached the counter and ordered something. Was it a restaurant or a bar?

It looked more like a bar, as there were no tables, just the counter. It also had many bottles of drinks.

"Oh?" But it seemed to be a bar and a restaurant. The man brought Tiona a plate of noodles. She ate happily and then wiped her mouth. After paying, she left the restaurant without noticing me.

So I decided to approach.

"Tiona?"

She turned to me. As soon as she looked at me, she tilted her head. "Who are you?" she said. Her words hurt a little.

"It's me, Luan. We met in the dungeon and you helped me get to the guild, don't you remember?"

"Oh, Luan. I don't remember very well."

"It's only been a few days and you forgot."

"Hahaha. I'm sorry about that." Tiona giggled and then moved closer to me. "But what do you want? Are you by any chance lost again?"

"No, of course not. I saw you walking by and decided to come and talk to you. I'd like to thank you again."

"You don't have to thank me that much. Come on, how about we take a walk while we talk? You've joined a familia apparently. I'd like to know more about it." Tiona looked curious.

I didn't deny her request, and we started walking together through town. Tiona took this opportunity to show me some interesting places. By the time I realized, we had spent almost an hour together.

"Hestia familia. That little boy, the one with the white hair."

"Bell?"

"That's right. We helped him in the dungeon once, he almost got killed by a minotaur."

"Yeah, I heard about that."

"It was our fault, so..." Tiona looked a little upset, but soon after put a cheerful smile on her face. "Then I'll be going, I'll see you around. Luan, right?"

"That's right."

"I'll try not to forget your name."

"Right..." Please don't forget.

Tiona then ran away and quickly disappeared. I looked around and noticed that I was on an unfamiliar street. It was a little challenging to find my way back to the church.

 

 

Help me buy a new computer and win some chapters: patreon.com/parodygirl

136