Chapter 18 – Infant Dragon.
6.5k 2 130
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After passing the guild and selling my crystals, I returned to the church and hid the money. After that, I went to the portal. As soon as I was teleported into the dungeon, I found Bell approaching the exit. He waved at me with a smile and then came.

"Have you arrived now?"

"Yes. I was walking around town before I came here."

"I see. As soon as I get home I'll go buy us something to eat, I'll wait for you there. Take care."

"Okay."

Bell was carrying a bag with crystals. He waved one last time before entering the portal, teleporting out along with the other adventurers. I gave a smile and then went down to the second floor.

Using the map, I quickly reached the 10th floor. I would go after some more Orcs today, as tonight I intended to return to the entertainment district to improve my skills.

"Not just for the sake of skills, of course."

I laughed and continued walking around the 10th floor. After walking there for a few minutes, I heard some sounds. Did it seem to be the sound of some people fighting, maybe against an Orc? I decided to get closer.

I followed the sound and got there quickly. From a distance, I continued to observe the battle unfolding. It was three men against a big Orc.

"I recognize these guys." They were the guys who had warned me about the 8th floor some time ago. They seemed to be having trouble facing the Orc, but they had the upper hand.

But that's strange; a group who can get to that floor wouldn't have as much trouble against a single Orcs. These guys are weaker than I thought.

Are their muscles just a decoration?

The man tried to cut the orc's skin but only made a superficial wound. The Orc was holding a large wooden club. It started swinging the club towards the three men, but they easily avoided it.

"Firebolt!" One of the men shouted. The Orc got hit by the fireball, which distracted it. The man who seemed to be the leader used the same strategy as mine, cutting the orc's legs to knock it down.

The big problem was that the wound was not deep enough.

The orc swung the wooden club, almost hitting the man. The man rolled across the floor as he spat the dust from his mouth.

"You bastard!" Then they continued their attacks. The Orc's body was being slashed several times, and after long minutes, the Orc finally began to lose its strength and fell to the ground.

The leader of the three men then pierced the Orcs head, turning him into particles.

The three men then celebrated and began to laugh. It seemed like the first time they had ever done anything like this.

So, I decided to walk toward them to show myself. However, I gave up when I noticed some shiny eyes behind the men.

'Is that...' With heavy steps, that thing started approaching, catching the men's attention.

"'IT'S'... IT'S AN INFANT DRAGON!!!" The leader shouted.

"Shit, shit!"

"Run!"

Then desperation struck the three men. The Infant Dragon ran towards one of them and bit him. The man screamed in pain as a piece of his body was ripped off. His companions panicked and decided to go back to help.

But it was a wrong choice.

The other two were easily killed afterward. This happens when weak people try to fight with a monster that is estimated to be level 2.

####

Not knowing if I was ready to face that thing, I slowly walked away without making a sound. I could probably fight it, but I'm afraid I'll get badly hurt in this battle.

I had told myself not to be reckless, so let's go back.

So I went back to the 9th floor and killed monsters until my crystal bag was full. After that, I left the dungeon and sold all the crystals in the guild, earning a good amount of money.

After arriving at the church, I found Bell and Hestia chatting happily.

"Here, Hestia." I then handed over all the money I had made today to her. Hestia took the money and then looked at me.

"Thank you for your hard work." She gave me a smile that made my heart palpitate.

Many people will say I shouldn't have handed over all the money to her, but that's okay. With the money I had left over and the money I got from the crystals I took yesterday, I saved a good amount.

I'm sure she will use much of that money to help pay off her debt, but it doesn't matter.

I then went to the bathroom and took a shower before returning to the living room. Bell had just arrived with our food. I sat with the two of them, and we ate while chatting.

"I found an Infant Dragon today." I said.

Bell looked at me, startled, and Hestia almost jumped off the couch, yelling, "An Infant Dragon?!" She started looking all over my body to see if I was injured. She then sat down next to me again and sighed with relief.

'Did you have to look again to make sure I wasn't hurt?' I giggled in my mind.

"And what did you do? You didn't try to confront it, did you? And I told you when I upgraded your falna that you weren't supposed to go that far on your own. It's dangerous!"

"I didn't do that. I took advantage that Infant Dragon was fighting three man and got out of there. They were three weak men, they ended up dead."

"I understand... But be careful from now on, please." Hestia held my hand; she looked perturbed. I put my hand on her head and gave her a few soft pats.

"All right, I won't risk it anymore." I smiled at her. Hestia then nodded, satisfied, and went back to eating. Bell started asking questions about the 10th floor, so I told him everything I had seen.

He seemed excited to go up there.

 

 

Help me buy a new computer and win some chapters <3 :  patreon.com/parodygirl 

130