Chapter 24 – Monsters Everywhere.
6.1k 6 124
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I reached the 11th floor like last time. I walked through the fog while following the map. Fortunately, the monsters didn't seem as active as yesterday.

The only monsters I encountered were a group of a few Imps I killed quickly. By the time I realized it, I was already at the entrance to the 12th floor. However, before I entered, I was surprised by a shout.

"Hm?" It sounded like a man's scream. I didn't want to get in trouble, but I decided to go there. I walked for a few minutes following the man's desperate cries until I found him. He was practically dead.

The monsters had torn off his right arm, and his legs were injured. He could no longer walk.

All around him, several Imps were laughing at his disgrace. It was a little depressing to see a muscular man like that suffering so much to fight against these Imps. Well, he was probably caught in a trap.

His leg is badly injured. He stepped where he shouldn't have.

I watched him as the man struggled to get up and swung his sword to get rid of the Imps. But it didn't take long before the monsters killed him. I just sighed and went over there.

The Imps tried to hide, but I quickly killed them with my knife. I approached the man's body. He certainly suffered a lot. I hope Hestia doesn't blame me for letting him die.

I shrugged and went towards the 12th floor.

"On that floor, I can find Black Wyverns." I don't think I will have much trouble facing them since I could kill the Infant Dragon quickly. But I need to be careful.

On the 12th floor, the fog had become even thicker. Luckily I had my map to back me up. Even so, I was taking a considerable risk here. The monsters could easily hide in the fog.

But I kept going.

I walked for a while until I finally met my first enemy. Fortunately, it was a monster that I was used to, which was an Orc. It seemed to be a bit stronger than the previous ones, but I didn't feel intimidated.

"Hell Kaios!" My magic flew toward his right arm and ripped it off. I then clenched the handle of my knife and ran at Orc. Before that, I activated my most powerful ability. Running past the Orc, I ripped off its right leg.

It fell to the side, and I pierced its neck, killing it.

"Hm." I put my knife away and deactivated my ability before continuing walking. The floor was immense; it would take a while to get to the 13th floor. Mainly because of the monsters that had become more active.

"Oops!" As I was walking, suddenly a Bad Bat flew towards me, almost hitting me. But I avoided its attack and activated my powerful ability again. I looked around and waited for its attack.

"Here!" Through the mist, I could see a black shadow approaching. As soon as Bad bat approached, I swung my knife, slashing his belly, killing him instantly. I gave a smile and continued walking.

This time I decided not to deactivate my ability as the monsters started to appear without stopping. Orcs, Imps, Bad Bats, Hard Armored, Silverback. Many different monsters began to appear.

Fortunately, I did not encounter any Black Wyvern in the first hour of exploration.

####

Two hours had passed, and I still hadn't reached the 13th floor, mainly because of my movement speed. I was walking slowly because of the number of monsters I encountered on the way.

But looking at the map, I could see that it wouldn't take long to get there.

"The big problem now is the monsters. They look like they are being drawn to me. The amount of them is huge." All around, I could notice the gazes of many monsters on me. I was getting good at detecting that.

I didn't know what monsters they were, but I went on guard.

I swallowed my saliva and waited for them to move. Then the first monster decided to attack.

I prepared my attack after the monster approached. My movement speed was faster, so I was able to hit it first. My blade pierced its chest.

It was a giant monkey-type monster with white fur with grey detail on its belly. The monster exploded into particles, and the next ones decided to attack. "Hell Kaios!" I threw my magic towards one of them but couldn't see if I had hit it.

But from the cry of pain it gave, it was probably wounded.

I then started to be attacked from all sides. I began to move quickly and avoid their attacks while looking at the map to know where I should go. Of course, I also made my attacks.

Their number gradually decreased as I killed them. And after a few minutes, the last Silverback jumped towards me. Its body was cut in half with my "Hell Kaios" magic.

It exploded into particles.

But I didn't have time to rest. As I wiped off my sweat, to my right, two Orcs appeared and attacked simultaneously. I jumped away and narrowly escaped their attack.

But it wasn't just the Orcs; as I moved away, I ran into a Hard Armored who looked at me for a while before making a strange sound and attacking. I used my magic and hit the Hard Armored.

However, its hard carapace protected it from my magic. Damn, I had no idea it would be so resilient.

So I turned away, and it came after me. The Orcs were also coming quickly in my direction. After "running" for a few minutes, I turned around and kicked the Hard Armored.

I kicked it from the bottom up and threw the monster high. Even though the fog was getting in the way, I could see the underside of its carapace. Then, without thinking of the consequences, I threw my knife in its direction.

It was fast. My knife flew out like a revolver shot and pierced its body. It exploded into particles, and my knife fell to the ground. I quickly picked up my knife and prepared to deal with the two Orcs.

I thought they would give up, but it doesn't look like they will.

 

 

READ 10 CHAPTERS AHEAD AND HELP ME BUY A NEW COMPUTER!!!! - PATREON.COM/PARODYGIRL

124