Chapter 44 – You are a “monster”… In a good way.
5.2k 7 88
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After walking with Ais for a few minutes, we finally arrived at a secluded spot. It was a quiet street, although some people were walking around. Ais then looked at me.

I remained silent and waited for her to say something. I tried to remain calm.

"I wanted to talk about yesterday."

"Yes, you already told me that."

"That thing you did, what was that?" Although she was inexpressive, I could feel that she was threatening me to tell her everything. I swallowed my saliva and then began to explain what had happened.

I had only asked for their help. That's what I did.

After I told her this, Ais continued to stare at me and then brought her hand to the hilt of her sword. I went on guard and then activated my strongest ability by making discreet movements.

When I did, I could see Ais's eyebrow wrinkled a little. What a surprise.

'She must have noticed that my strength has increased quite a bit.'

"Tell me the truth, what did you do? I'm sure you controlled me somehow. Tione also told me she felt the same way. And what did you do with Tiona? Did you control her to get her closer to you?"

"No, I didn't do that. We became friends and talked sometimes, that's all." I held up my hands, saying I didn't want to fight.

"... Stay away from Tiona, understand?"

"Why? We are friends."

"Until I know what's going on, I don't want you near her. And know that Loki Familia refuses to help you in any way."

"Know that if I could control someone just like you are saying, I could control you here now and do whatever I want with you. If I can control someone as strong as Tiona, couldn't I control you?"

I sighed and deactivated my ability.

"..."

"Know that I am not someone who would do that kind of thing. I am Tiona's friend and only that. I don't know what happened to you and Tione, but I wasn't the cause of it, all right?"

"..." Ais was silent and then released the handle of her sword and walked away. She disappeared soon after.

I sighed.

"That's the first time I've seen her act like that. She realized something. Damn... But now that I no longer have the ability, I'll keep acting normal and pretend I never had that ability before."

In time Ais will realize that I am no longer controlling anyone, and I will be able to approach her with Bell's help. I will have to do some positive things to improve my reputation within the Loki Familia now.

####

I walked around town a little longer before returning to the church and finding Hestia alone on the couch. Bell and Lili were not around. The two of them must have gone off somewhere together.

Taking advantage of the fact that we were alone, I asked Hestia to update my falna, and again when she did, she seemed completely amazed at my unusual growth.

Especially since my growth is faster than Bell's, who has such a powerful ability that helps him evolve.

"That's unbelievable. I've never seen someone evolve this fast." She said to me with a big smile on her face. She not only praised my evolution but also all my battles against powerful monsters that would be impossible for a level 1 adventurer to kill.

She even called me "Monster." I don't know if I should feel offended, but since she smiled after saying this, I think she called me a "monster" in a good way.

That I am a "Monster of Evolution"

"Okay, how's the plan to visit the Soma Familia?" I asked Hestia.

"Everything is fine from my side. And were you able to talk to the adventurers of the Loki Familia? Bell told that girl to accept the meeting with you. She was refusing."

"I talked to them, but it didn't work out..."

"I see..." Hestia looked a little discouraged but then smiled. "But it's okay; it's going to be okay. With you and Bell on our side, we don't have to worry, right?"

She was being quite positive. But I can agree, we are quite competent.

"Yes, we'll be able to help Lili without too much trouble."

"That's right."

####

It was evening. The visit to Soma Familia will be tomorrow. We will meet Mikoto tomorrow afternoon to go to the Soma Familia house to talk with Soma.

We had dinner and talked a little about how we would do this. It was a fact that we would be attacked if we suddenly got there by invading the place, so Hestia said she would go ahead and try to talk to Soma alone, first of all.

We would stay on the lookout and wait for Hestia. Should the worst happen, we would storm the place and force a meeting between Lili and Soma so that they could talk. If all went well, the scene from the anime would be repeated.

Of course, the circumstances and how it happened were very different, but they would still have similarities.

So after talking some more, it was time for bed. Even without my ability, Bell agreed to sleep on the floor, so I slept comfortably on the couch until the next morning when I was woken up by Lili again.

She was standing next to me with a smile.

"Good morning, Lili."

"Good morning, Luan." I sat on the couch. I could see that she was quite apprehensive, so I asked her to come closer. I grabbed her hand and smiled at her.

"Don't worry; everything will be fine." Hearing my words, Lili moved closer to me and kissed me, taking advantage of the fact that no one was around.

"I trust you all."

 

 

Hey, I'm writing new fanfic!! Visit my profile :)

READ 10 CHAPTERS AHEAD AND HELP ME BUY A NEW COMPUTER!!!! - PATREON.COM/PARODYGIRL

88