Chapter 45 – Zanis is an idiot.
4.6k 9 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I woke up and had breakfast, Hestia went back to the church with Bell so that we could meet Mikoto for our visit. We are going to meet now, but our visit to Soma Familia will only take place in the afternoon.

Hestia wanted me to get acquainted with Mikoto first of all. I confess that I was pretty excited to meet her. My previous plan was to use my ability on her, but now that the ability is gone, I will try to win her over in a conventional way.

I can't be too impulsive. I have to remember that.

So we went together toward the town square close to the portal. I was already carrying my equipment because I had to prepare for battle at any moment.

When we got there, we found Mikoto and Takemikazuchi. Even though Mikoto was in the Hestia Familia at the moment, he still wanted to accompany her. Or that's what Hestia told me. But of course, Takemikazuchi will only stay with us until it is time to go to the Soma Familia.

As I approached, both of them looked at me, analyzing me. I gave them both a smile and stepped forward.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." I bowed my head to him in respect. He then held out his hand, and I held it. We gave a firm handshake.

"Hestia has told me a lot about you. Some of the things she told me are quite unbelievable."

"Well, maybe she exaggerated." I scratched my head and looked at Mikoto. "It's nice to meet you, Mikoto." I gave a slight nod and extended my hand. It would make no sense to put my head down as I did with Takemikazuchi.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Luan. I hope we can work well together." She shook my hand and gave a weak smile.

"Okay, now that you two have met, I'd like to talk more about what we should do. We discussed it at home, but Mikoto was not participating in the conversation."

Mikoto nodded, and then Hestia began to explain what we would do.

"I understand, so you will try to talk to him before you do anything rash." Takemizazuchi put his finger on his chin and thought, "You know, I don't know if that will work, but I'll hope it works out."

"I'm not very confident either." I told him. "That captain, Zanis. I don't think he'll let that encounter happen so easily."

"Even if it is Hestia?" Takemikazuchi looked confused by my words.

"I don't know... He won't be able to do anything against her, so maybe it will work out." I shrugged and sighed. Then everyone looked at each other, and we sat in the square to talk more.

After only a few minutes, they changed the subject.

We continued the conversation and also ate something until the afternoon came.

####

The afternoon had arrived, and we walked to the Soma Familia house. Well, not that there was only one house, but several buildings divided into warehouses, breweries, and watchtowers.

Anyway, we knew where Soma would be; Hestia had this information. Soma is usually a quiet and isolated guy, so he would not be walking around but would be somewhere dark and shadowy.

Some scenes from the anime come to mind.

When we arrived close to a two-story building in an area of the city, we stopped at a safe distance, and Hestia went alone towards it. I could notice that there were some guards in the watchtowers around. They were looking at Hestia.

And after she got close enough, the door opened, and a tall man wearing armor came out. It wasn't Zanis; It was just an ordinary guard.

Hestia looked back and then entered the building. After that, she stayed inside for some minutes. And when she came out, she looked a little sad. I soon realized that it wouldn't be so easy.

"It didn't work, Soma doesn't want to meet her." She said.

"I see." Lili lowered her head dejectedly. I then placed my hand on her head and smiled at her.

"Then we have to make the two of them meet, don't we? I'll do it." I said to Hestia.

Before I could move on, she stopped me. "Are you sure you can do this by yourself?"

"Of course. In case something goes wrong, you will help me, right?" I looked at Bell, and he nodded, keeping a serious look.

So it was settled. I'll take Lili to Soma so they can talk.

So I grabbed her hand and asked her to remove the hood hiding her face. When I did, I could see on top of one of the towers that one of the guards looked quite surprised. After that, he disappeared.

'I already know what you will do.' I smiled and took a few steps forward, walking to the door of the building, which was undecorated and even a bit gloomy. There was a balcony on the second floor. I can imagine that Soma is there because it looks like the main room of this place.

And after we approached the door, I pulled out my knife and shouted, "Zanis, come out." As I did that, I also activated my ability. However, when I did so, Lili let go of my hand, appearing to be in pain.

"I'm sorry, I can't control this ability very well yet." I smiled at her and calmed her down. Lili gave a smile and nodded.

Then all the surrounding watchtowers suddenly became empty, and several men began approaching. The double door of the building suddenly opened, and out came Zanis with a big smile.

He had a thin face and gray hair. He wore glasses that made him look intelligent(lol)

Lili hid behind me and held my shirt when he appeared in front of us.

"Welcome back, Liliruca." Zanis said with a sinister look on his face. Man, I wanted to rip his head off right now. However, I had to keep calm. I can't kill him here so suddenly; I would be treated like a criminal.

"Excuse me, Captain Zanis, I would like to take Lili to the God Soma. Would that be possible to happen?"

"Unfortunately God Soma is quite busy at the moment. You can leave her in my care from now on, I will certainly make this meeting happen."

"..." Does he think I believe him?

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"Hm? Why? Liliruca is a member of this Familia. God Soma is missing her, so he'll be happy to meet her."

"Goddess Hestia came here to try to arrange this meeting, but the meeting was denied. All this stuff you're saying doesn't make much sense."

"..."

"Goddess Hestia didn't explain the situation very well, so God Soma didn't want to waste his time with that."

"I see. Are you going to make up any more lies?"

"Haaaa~~ All right. Guards, pick up Liliruca, then send this boy back home." Zanis held up his glasses and gave a smile. After that, all the guards attacked at the same time.

He is an idiot.

 

 

READ 10 CHAPTERS AHEAD AND HELP ME BUY A NEW COMPUTER!!!! - PATREON.COM/PARODYGIRL

81