Vol 1 – Chapter 1 (Game Start)
198 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
  • 3rd Person POV

*Ding Dong*

The sounds of the doorbell ringing through Evan’s ears as he stands up from his couch near instantly ignoring the risk he’s going to take when abruptly standing up. His world shift, breaking his balance as he put his hand on the sofa’s to not suddenly fall.

*BAM*

Several items cluttered through the floor moved by the impact of Evan’s foot hitting it “Ugh… Ouch, that’s gonna bruise… Never mind that, finally!! The chance to change my life is here.” He grunted but none of it can remove the happy expression on his face.

*Creak*

He excitedly moves to the entrance of his apartment then opening his door slowly leaving a small gap, Evan warily watches to his left & right.

Checking if there’s anyone roaming about the place. Evan specifically chose a public holiday for when it is delivered just so it’s empty. While feeling a little bit guilty to the deliveryman

*TACK*

Upon opening more of the door to check where the item is, Evan felt some kind of resistance. As if a heavy object is in front of the door.

“Sigh…” Evan began to… realize that they probably put it right in front of his door. “Yeah… I did ask the delivery man to leave it at the door. This must be karma” He regretted his choice of asking for the delivery on public holiday.

“Gah, let’s go!“ Scrounging as much strength as he can, he tried to push the door open until…

*BLAM*

“Uwahhhh!!! Guh-” Evan yelped as a loud thud can be heard across the apartment floors as Evan fall to the ground . The door in question managed to open widely with the item being pushed away somewhere. He bends his neck upward looking to his front while rubbing his nose from the pain

Nevertheless, he stands up again while warily looked to his left & right. Breathing a sigh of relief, not seeing any people roaming the hallway. Then his gaze landed in front of him and sees a big box with size that almost cover his door

“No wonder it took me a lot of strength. No matter! I already devised a plan for this!” He seemed to not lose hope seeing the object in front of him.

Since Evan don’t have enough muscle strength to carry them manually, He brought a cutter to open the big box in front of him rather than try to tear them open using his two lanky hands.

Soon after, He began cutting away the large cardboard box from its seams and the taped parts. As it all goes down revealing a simple stereo foam layer. Which He thinks is the protective casing for the thing.

Carefully he dismantles, then set the cardboards aside while making sure no one is near the vicinity of where he’s working, and he also put them to the designated spot for the cleaners to take tomorrow.

Evan thanked his luck today, for when he was working on that. Not one person coming out from the apartment floors. He can’t take it… with those stares looking at him. In his mind “they are terrifying”

Finally done his task, what was inside this box? Well… It’s a console for a game called ‘Eidolon’ a somewhat new dive virtual reality massively multiplayer online role-playing game. It has been popular after the year it was launched.

Attracting players from all over the world, they also have E-Sports already decided upon a month after its launched, so it is a big game. From the statistic in their personal website, they have reached around 2 billion players and it is estimated to rise as the years goes by.

The game is also known for their highly advanced graphics and seamlessly able to integrate micro-movements of the user’s body to the game making it more realistic.

In addition, enjoyable game to boot with their fun interactive gameplay. Evan already saw them in trailer and review videos. When he decided to buy the console

Looking to the device in front him… the console itself are in a shape of a capsule capable to fit 1 person inside. Evan don’t know why it is shaped like a large egg since other buyers in their review have different shapes, but he’s thankful that it has wheels underneath it for easier transport.

It also fits the size of his door when Evan registered for purchasing the console & game. They asked him all sorts of stuff such as his height, size, and privacy stuffs but when they suddenly ask the size of Evan’s door size. He’s momentarily taken aback by it.

He thinks that’s why they asked, so the console can be made to fit the door. Ingenious of them to do so! Passing the entrance, then to the living room, Evan hurriedly pushes it into his bedroom while reading the manuals to set it up.

It takes about one to two hours of him reading the manual and understanding it before finally plugging the console up. Soon after, he can hear the machine coming to life as he’s getting excited to the prospect of this.

The reason why the game is continuously gaining fame. Firstly, is that its attracted a lot of live streamers, covered by medias, and the most important of all (to Evan at least) he can make money by playing the game!!!

Yep… They have a system called ‘Real-Money Trading’ where you can convert your in-game currency into real life currency. Many have done it to gain money by playing the game or even stories being told that they got rich.

Evan have already graduated from university and looked for jobs for 5 years. Unfortunately, due to his ‘problem’. He didn’t manage get any jobs, even if he tried his best in speaking.

But Evan’s mouth gets so clammed up in an interview that he couldn’t utter a single word or when he tried to it came out babbles as his nerves began to take over sadly the interviewer, he came to was disappointed and immediately after he was dismissed.

“Sigh… my parents told me that I just want some attention by doing that. I wanted to tell them about this but… seeing their expression… I decided to not talk about it at all. Agh… forget about those, let’s focus on living your life.” Evan look around in his room searching the drawers where he last remembered putting them.

Let’s see here… there it is! my budget plan for 4 weeks.  I need at least 1100 dollars to survive for 4 weeks to cover my expenses. If I gain a little bit more than that it would be for savings.”  He pondered those thoughts. Evan used weekly in his budget plans rather than monthly due to his landlord prefer rent payment for 4 weeks rather than a month. He takes a glance to the capsule as Evan clenched his fist.

‘As this thing going to be my ticket to pay them all’ Evan optimistically declared. Upon hearing the announcement coming out from the capsule, he knew that the console is ready.

“Ready” A robotic female voice came out from the device as the display turn from red to green indicating it is fully charged.

Evan already taken care of everything else in the house as it is nice & tidy (In his standard) at least. He gingerly opened the glass case that makes its egg shape.

Inside the console is a single seater sofa chair that can be elongated into a bed. Looking up to the glass casing, Evan can see multiple panels and helmet attached to a thick wire. Designed to be worn when playing the game.

He already read the instruction as he sat down & close the class case. “It is comfortable than my own couch” Evan gleefully thinks as he put on the helmet. Then pressing the button to start.

His world turn into pure white as a voice echoed through the white world while he’s currently hovering in air.

“User. Please state your in-game name” The voice come again seemingly coming from above inside Evan’s white world.

“U-uh” Evan wanted to speak but the ‘problem’ starts happening again as he tries to do so something appeared right in front of him after a second. A keyboard…

“I thought I needed to say it”. Evan sighed in relief  as he then typed his in-game name into the thing as it displayed ‘Magie Magia’ which is literally means ‘magic magic’. “hehe” Evan chuckled upon pressing OK for confirmation.

“Welcome to Eidolon ‘Magie Magia’, I am Mono the guide. I’ll be analysing and provide your character status” The voice that called itself mono spoke and when she pronounced Magie Magia.

Evan mind began to wander about if other players have filled ridiculous name then recorded it when she spoke. He’s going to search MeTube for it…

[Authors Note: I’ll be calling him Evan or MM, they mean the same thing referring to the MC]

Upon hearing the announcement for mono regarding analysing.  Evan stop musing and began clasping his hands together akin to a prayer, just hoping that he gets a good status.

One of the quirks in ‘Eidolon’, is that they ‘scan’ the user to create the player character so there is no custom customization initially. Since it is an exact replica of the users in game. After entering it, then you may make some changes with NPC services in the cities.

There are only 5 statuses in Eidolon, and it dictates what is your character playstyle: Strength (STR), Dexterity (DEX), Constitution (CON), Intelligence (INT), and Wisdom (WIS).

A warrior has high STR and CON status while a cleric has high WIS, above average INT & CON. It is all based on their playstyle.

These statuses will be given at random, Evan already searched through the net on how they determine it. But his research comes up in vain. Mostly he found conspiracy theories such as using the user genetical information when they first ‘scan’ users.

The logical one would be using the information given when user first registered themselves in their website. But that doesn’t say anything since it is only name, date of birth, gender, and personal email.

“I’m still hoping I get good status at first knowing it is important for me to go on a hunt so I can get money for ‘Real-Money Trading (RMT)” He sincerely hopes that would happen to him, but the back of his mind wander again thinking that it wouldn’t be possible.

Including “Don’t get your hopes up, take what you get and be grateful for it. You can then decide what’s going to happen. Who knows you might be able to work on it and get better” Evan feels a bit courageous upon deciding that.

 “Scan complete, displaying your status panel” Mono declared

[Magie Magia]

·         HP                                : 100

·         MP                               : 100

·         SP                                : 100

·         Race                            : Hyuman

·         Class                            : None

·         Level                            : 1

·         Status:

o   STR                  : 8

o   DEX                  : 6

o   CON                 : 10

o   INT                   : 15

o   WIS                  : 15

·         Skills:

o   Actives

o   Passives

§  [Mana Sense LV1]

·         With this skill you can sense surrounding mana. All magic users have this as their beginner skill requirement for a mage class.

 

 

Reading his status panel, “Sigh…” Evan internally feels dejected… his luck isn’t getting any better anytime soon it seems. Shaking his head, he had a look of determination as he thought “No matters, I already bet everything in this. I’ll try to find a way sooner or later. I have decided after all.”

Evan followed an extremely lucky person in MeTube. That person got his character a 100 point in STR status in first ‘scan’. Making a record to be the highest initial status to have, due to that he became famous in streams.

“Although… I shouldn’t be pessimistic” Evan has a melancholic smile, there is another way to get more status. For a simpler example; Levelling Up! 1 Level UP gives 2 stats point to be freely distributed.

They also give rewards based on what players did in the game. For example: If Evan’s char read a book for an hour or so he will gain 1 INT status point. Or exercising for 1 CON status point.

But it’s not that simple or else player would just spam reading a book every hour to gain infinite status point. They have covered the bases to not exploit the game too much.

This also applies to skill, you’ll be given an initial beginner random skill that’s usually a single passive which correspond to your given status. Lucky players might get another passive skill that’s powerful and there’s no way a player can delete their char in this game.

“Entering Eidolon, Welcome Magie Magia. You’ll be spawned in Novitas, The City of Beginning” Mono speaks with different tone as if a warm welcome which surprised Evan.

The white world suddenly changed into a vast prairie. All Evan can see is green and clear blue skies on top with soft breeze hitting on his face.

“It’s nice… I rarely go outside so this is a welcoming change of pace.” He muses while breathing in the fresh air. He knows its artificial, but it is realistic enough to fool his mind.

Right in front of him is a city with grey brick walls circular in its shape, protecting its surrounding with multiple buildings can be seen above the walls. Resembling a medieval European architecture and well maintained. Evan correctly assumed that it is Novitas, City of Beginning.

“Hurry! We gotta go” a new player wearing tunic & breeches

“Whoa…” another one replies while standing still admiring what he’s seeing as if he has eye opening moment

“Beautiful” the girl smiles while looking at her surrounding taking it in

“Ah… I forgot, I’m not the only one that’s starting the game. I remember that more people joining in as the years gone by” Evan thought while looking at more and more new players joining in.

Several of them already ran to the city’s gate. Evan’s tries to avoid them as he feels a bit restless nearing the group. So, he opted to wait for moment to pass until a roaming NPC guard is patrolling away from the beginners.

Peeking out his head to gain the guard NPC’s attention as the male in polished heavy armour noticed him and suddenly, he readied his halberd. Evan stood still and in panic, before quickly calming down and shakes his head and putting his hands up in the air.

The NPC hold down his halberd staring directly to the suspicious figure after a while locked in that state. He started to realise that’s the approaching suspicious figure is a beginner adventurer.

He put the halberd right beside him and lax his posture while sighing,

“Ah… don’t just scare me like that, I almost thought you’re a bandit” The heavily armoured guard look at Evan incuriously while saying those thigns

“Sorry…” Evan bowed his head making a gesture of apologizing for it but still maintaining a set of distance. “Somehow… interacting with NPCs doesn’t make me feel as scared as when I’m in front of real people. Although it looks realistic so the seed of fear still there” Evan ponders for a second until his train of thoughts get disrupted by a *ding* sound.

“Okay…. Not much of a talker, aren’t you? Alright… I’ll give you a tutorial quest.” the guard pull out a piece of paper from his side pouch and give it to Evan as it disappears.

A panel appeared in front of him appeared as it displays.

Tutorial Quest!! [Novitas] (Rank: F)

Description:

Welcome to the world of Eidolon! This is a quest given to new players. There’ll be several chores for you to be done while learning on how this game works

-          Move towards the beginner’s training field []

-          Pick an equipment []

-          Defeat small slimes [0/5]

-          Level UP []

-          Distribute Status Point []

-          Pick up the loot []

-          Sell the loot in shop []

-          Profit []

 

Reward

-          Tutorial Items

 

Evan looked at the guard while smiling a little bit before bowing his head internally saying “thanks” and turned around.

“Y-your welcome?” The guard looks confused by it but not offended rather amused by the figure in front of him until Evan leaves his line of sight. Then he returned to do his daily patrol.

Thankfully, the quest gives Evan pointer on the map on where he supposed to go. So, he just followed the pointer.

“Ugh… its kind of hard to control” There’s a player who swung a wooden sword madly hitting the ground or rocks but not the creature in front of him

“HYA!!!” A player managed to hit the creature as it disappears with the player smiled getting the hang of the controls.

From afar, Evan already see & hear many players currently fighting against small sized creature that looks like a hydrophobic droplet as big as a basketball.

“Looking at it more, it looks quite cute” Evan joyfully imagine what is it like to squish them, probably feels like the slime toys in real-life.

Evan looked around a bit trying to find a quiet empty spot where there are not many players. After he found what he was looking for. He began entering the beginner’s training field…

*PING*

A panel appeared before him; it shows multiple weapon with beginner’s in their suffix. Such as beginner’s sword or beginner’s bow & arrow.

‘Uhm… I’m not comfortable with close-up fighting. I think I’m going to use long-range, knowing my status a physical range weapon would be bad. Instead, I’m choosing this!” He decided to choose ‘Beginner’s Staff’

Beginner’s Staff

ATK: 10

INT: +10

Rarity: Common

 

Description:

A wooden staff that is designed to be used for beginners can be swung to deal physical damage. Upon equipping the staff gives the wearer knowledge of the spell [Magic Arrow] and it will be removed when the staff is unequipped.

 

[Magic Arrow]

 

-          Category: Arcane

-          Tier: Cantrip

-          Cost: 5 MP

-          Cooldown: None

-          Component: Verbal, Somatic

 

Description: Hurl an arrow made from magic towards the target dealing (5 times of INT) force damage

 

“I see… thankfully I have adequate INT so at least I can deal some damage.” Evan thought, as upon wearing the beginner’s staff. Information comes through his head as if he knew what to do to cast [Magic Arrow].

Evan sees the green slime as he aimed the staff in front targeting it. Then he focuses his mind and cast the spell. “[Magic Arrow]!!” He exclaimed the spell’s name from his head.

Soon after, arcane energy gather on the tip of that staff and shoot to the green slime. It deal damage to it although the green slime still alive as Evan casted another magic arrow.

“It takes two hit to kill green slime with [Magic Arrow]” Evan thinks for a while as he heard a ping, showing that one of the quest for [Tutorial] have been completed. As Evan begin fighting more green slimes each require 2 hits from his [Magic Arrow] until he managed to kill 5 slimes.

*Pokémon Level UP noises*

“Ah… I levelled up!” Evan enthusiastically opened his status panel and assigned his two status to INT raising it from 15 to 17.

Then looking around the mess he made there are some loot being dropped after defeating the green slimes such as

[Slime’s Jelly Rarity: Common], “it has no purpose except being sold eh?” Evan opened another panel directed by the quest [Tutorial] as he tap the slime’s loot icon and press the button to ‘sell’. In doing so, he heard the sounds of coins clinking as the inventory panel he accessed have his money increased from 0 cc 0 sc 0 gc to 0 cc 5 sc 0 gc

[Authors Note: CC (Copper Coin) SC (Silver Coin) GC (Gold Coin)]

“okay… so that’s how this works eh-“ Before Evan can finish what he thought, he’s interrupted by multiple pinging noises coming from the quest panel.

[Tutorial Quest!! [Novitas] (Rank: F) Completed!!

 

Rewards:

 

-          Beginner’s Staff

-          Beginner’s Robe

-          [Magic Arrow] Spell

-          10 (S) Health Potion

-          10 (S) Mana Potion

-          10 (S) Stamina Potion

 

Congratulations for completing your first mission. Please enjoy the world of ‘Eidolon’!!!

 

Beginner’s Robe

DEF: 0

MDEF: 10

[Rarity: Common]

 

Description:

A simple brown robe, given to beginner magic users. Upon being worn double the current wearer’s natural MP regeneration.

 

(S) Health Potion [Rarity: Common]

(S) Mana Potion [Rarity: Common]

(S) Stamina Potion [Rarity: Common]

Consumable: Yes

 

Upon usage, heal 10% of your maximum HP & Double your HP Regeneration last for 60 seconds

 

Cooldown: 60 Seconds

Consumable: Yes

 

Upon usage, heal 10% of your maximum MP & Double your MP Regeneration last for 60 seconds

 

Cooldown: 60 Seconds

Consumable: Yes

 

Upon usage, heal 10% of your maximum SP & Double your SP Regeneration last for 60 seconds

 

Cooldown: 60 Seconds

 

[Magic Arrow]

 

-          Category: Arcane

-          Tier: Cantrip

-          Cost: 5 MP

-          Cooldown: None

-          Component: Verbal, Somatic

 

Description:

Shoot a projectile made from Arcane energy to the target. Dealing (5 times of INT) of Force Damage to the target.

 

MP Cost: 5

Cooldown: None

Chanting Time: Instant

 

[Magie Magia]

 

·         HP                                : 110

·         MP                               : 110

·         SP                                : 110

·         Race                            : Hyuman

·         Class                            : None

·         Level                            : 2

·         Status;

o   STR                  : 8

o   DEX                  : 6

o   CON                 : 10

o   INT                   : 17

o   WIS                  : 15

·         Skills;

o   Actives

o   Passives

§  [Mana Sense LV1]

·         With this skill you are able to sense surrounding mana. Every magic users have this as their beginner skill requirement for a mage class.

 

 

“Okay… Okay… I get it stop” Evan hurriedly checked every panels that have the notification as he began to notice more players going to come to this place. In doing so, he opted to stay back for a while away from their sight.

“Hmmm… First thing first, I need to check the conversion rate for in-game currency to real-life currency for RMT” Evan curiously glosses over the inventory panel as he press the sell mode. Looking through the information…

“Hmmm the conversion rate is around 100 GC to 10 Dollars. If I want to reach my goal, I need to collect 11000 GC within 4 weeks. Per week I need to at least make 2.750 GC.” He sighed, that is quite a large amount to do especially for a newbie.

In addition, to that he gleaned information about copper coins, silver coins, and gold coins. 10 copper equal to 1 silver while 100 silver equal to 1 gold. Adding to that, monster loot’s rarity affect how it sells.

For example a common rarity item might be around copper to 1 silver while higher than that or uncommon is 10 to 20 silvers. If it is within the range of rare, very rare it would be around gold coin area when sold but it’s used to crafting.

An exception to them is legendary rarity which is around tens thousands of gold or hundred thousands of gold when sold. “Anyway… besides in-game currency, the players have their own currency which is information” Evan thinks while gleaning through his inventory and sorting them out.

Information in Eidolon is as precious if not more than Gold. Some are common knowledge for example;  the training ground for grinding or dungeons that is good for beginners. Stuff for newbies but if its higher levels then it gets tricky.

Rarer skills are also kept secret especially last match that Evan watch in MeTube during their E-Sport tournament. Veteran players show their cards but almost always hide a single trump card skill they have.

Slapping his cheeks to hype himself up, Evan optimistically think he can do it. Thankfully, the game allowed the players to browse internet while playing so Evan find out the easy way to grind Levels & Loot.

“This is my first day! And I’m going to try & gauge how much I can gain.” Evan thought while walking somewhere.

Finding another field not far from Novitas, probably on the west side of that city. Evan found a nice empty spots with smaller creatures such as higher version of green slime. Adorned with multiple striking colours.

“Really… soon they will have the colours of a rainbow. Maybe a rainbow slime?” Evan muses as he readied his staff then spam casting magic arrow.

*BOOM* *BOOM*

So far, he’s doing alright taking minimal damage as he is kiting the creatures. Only stopping occasionally to take a rest.

“Its hard to fight the slimes that have ranged ability” Annoyed by some damage he took from slimes that shoot a part of itself to deal damage.

He decided to omit that slime colour from his hunt list as he stands up ready to fight again. So far, he gathered around 50 gold from that hunt as Evan began to tire and gain 3 Levels which he focuses on raising in INT.

*PING*

Congratulations, You got a Title <Slime Hunter> (Upgrade title to ‘Slime Exterminator’ by killing 500 slimes)

(Req: Defeat 100 slimes)

 

Description: Increase damage dealt to Ooze type creature by 10%.

 

 

“Hey… that’s quite nice. It’s a common title and any tiny things help” Evan continues his hunt probably around 3 to 4 hours have passed. As he got the title

Congratulations, You got a Title <Slime Exterminator> (Upgrade title to ‘Slime Conqueror’ by killing 1000 slimes)

(Req: Defeat 500 slimes)

 

Description: Increase damage dealt to Ooze type creature by 30%.

 

 

Opening his inventory tab, he gets slime jellies that he sold to the shop gaining an additional 150 gold. Looking quite pleased at himself for the first day he went online. He also gains 2 Level UP defeating those slimes.

“If I remember correctly, the forums said that getting a class would need the player to be a Level 10. Sigh…” Evan look at the wandering slimes in front of him while resting. He always choose a spot near the forest and behind the trees away from sight as he rest.

“I’ll probably get nightmares of slime after this, but that’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make” He decided to hunt slimes for the day just to get the achievement of getting 1000 slime kills.

He internally sigh as his MP have been restored to full. Coming out from the forest to the thankfully devoid of players slime field he began hunting for more slimes.

As per usual, he drank a single (S) Mana Potion and (S) Stamina Potion after losing 10% of it when fighting.

What he didn’t know is that players noticed him doing these things.

“Hey… did you see that player?” a player wearing breastplate and headband walking through the west beaten path of Novitas probably to another place as he curiously look to the side and see Evan hunting slimes.

“The one who’s fighting slimes all day? Yeah… its ridiculous” She uttered while walking beside that warrior looking player.

“I don’t know what he’s doing but its pointless. Better to just go to a higher-level creatures” The warrior pat his palms behind his head while whistling after saying those things.

Those players shrugged before going through the area towards the other direction from Evan hunting ground.

“Fwah…. Finally” Evan feels relieved after completing it as he sat down on the ground.

*PING*

Congratulations, You got a Title <Slime Conqueror>

(Req: Defeat 1000 slimes)

 

Description: Increase damage dealt to Ooze type creature by 50%.

 

 

“I’m sick of slimes, already spending 8 hours of playing just focusing on killing them but I must endure” Evan breathe a sigh of relief finally stop hunting them.

No wonder many players just opted to ignore them and fight higher level creatures. The slimes didn’t drop any nice weapons just their jellies or its core that’s only good for selling or crafting common items.

“Let’s see what I gain” He smiles while anticipating what is he going to have from 8 hour slimes hunting session.

Opening the inventory and status panel, Evan accumulated a total of 400 gold and also reached Level 10. Primarily just increasing his INT status… unfortunately, he didn’t get any new skills from it. Evan decided that slime hunting isn’t profitable but at least it gives him experience.

In addition, it also helps him solving the problem of gainin enough money for the week. “If I garnered 400 gold per day, that means I would get roughly 2800 gold per week. Breaching my goal of 2750 gold per week for about 50 gold.” Evan seems happy about this revelation.

Evan intermittently logged out from the game to take some rest and after that he logged in again to play. It is still around evening at real-world time, so Evan has some time to burn before needing to make dinner.

“What should I do now? Maybe try to get a mage class, right?” He thinks since mage’s class would give him more spells to play with especially AoE spells that would help him farming.

Evan finally enters Novitas, he sees numerous players currently going about their daily missions / request. Some open a trading shop to sell their wares or whatever they have crafted. Guilds trying to recruit newbies.

He looks amazed by the realism that this game has made but he opted to watch from afar as he continue to observe direction and found a place that looks like a mage’s guild.

Approaching the place, Evan got noticed by an NPC wearing a long blue robes that’s embroidered by a five-pointed star with the middle of it is an eye.

“Hello? Are you looking to get a mage class?” The blue robed male asked Evan who’s wandering in like a lost child

“Come on me! Speak. People can’t mind read!” Evan tries to gather enough courage to try moving his lips, but the images of people stares grasped his throat.

*Nods*

The Mage looks confused at the man in front of him. He’s average in height albeit in a smaller side compared to numerous players that he had met & body is quite chubby. “He’s weird…” The Mage thought as he continue to watch Evan.

“I see… then I need to see your status” The mage asked

Evan nod as he displayed his status to the mage. In doing so, the NPC Mage scrutinizing the status panel before snickered for a split second then become composed.

“I’m sorry but you will not be able to become a mage” he declared to Evan

Evan look at the mage in confusion before the NPC sigh belatedly and explain.

“Your status is not enough, you need to be at 50 INT or more in Level 10. Looking at your status score… I’m afraid it’s not possible” He exasperatedly explained to Evan

“I see…” Evan understood that he’s taking too much of this person time and see the annoyance coming from his face.

Evan had his head sunken for a bit… disappointed. Before bowing then moving away. Seeing Evan away from his sight. The mage then snickered loudly remembering the status panel that was shown to him by Evan.

“That’s is one of the blandest status I’ve ever seen in my life” The mage can’t hold his laugh any longer

The requirement to be a mage is simple, you need to have 50 INT or more at Level 10. Similar to other classes as well. If you’re lower than that, you can have additional INT gain by doing something such as reading books or serving in a church to gain WIS.

Knowing that, Evan decided to go to the Novitas’ Library to gain extra status. Upon arriving the place, he seen several mages inside the library studying and a clerk on the receptionist table.

Since Evan approached first, the clerk noticed him and asked with a confident tone. “Welcome to Novitas’ Library, you must pay 10 gold for access to the whole library.”

Evan pull out 10 gold and put it on the table while keeping distance. The clerk looks confused for a second but takes it and put it behind the table. She smiles and give him a badge showing he has access to the library.

It is a remarkable sight to behold in Evan’s eyes. He sees towering bookshelves filled with parchment & leather-bound tomes. The smell of wood and books permeate through the air. Sounds of pages flipping and frustrated young-looking mages adorned its halls.

Novitas’ Library contained NPCs and Players alike. Players come to the library just to get the instant INT status before leaving. Although some stays enjoying what they read since they do not need to pay for the books after all.

Evan look at the sections and the genre as he tries to find ‘magic’ related books. Regarding the Arcane, Nature, or Divine. The 3 category of magic known in ‘Eidolon’ Those books related to that increases intelligence and Wisdom both are good status to have for magic casters.

Many spells used Intelligence score regarding damage or de-buffs while Wisdom used in spells are commonly for healing and buffs.  

He found 5 or more books related to it as Evan open them and try to read them. Opening the book already gives him 1 INT status. No wonder that other players just open a book and close it then leaves the library.

“huh it’s that instant…” Evan seems surprised by how quickly it gives.

Although… Evan prefer to stay and read knowing he’s sick on killing slimes and grind. He have 390 gold in his inventory right now. If he do it hard enough, he can reach his goal for the week.

For now, he cannot afford to get higher armour or weapon that would compromise his gold earning. As Evan continues to read, something caught his attention.

There’s a passage that read. ‘Mana are everywhere in this world. When one can sense it, they can unlock the way to higher magic’. This gives him a bit of inspiration, “why does my skill [Mana Sense LV1] is Levelled? Is it something unique?”

Through that curiosity, Evan opened up the forum as he try to find anything related to Mana Sense. There are some discussion board opened on it.

But it is mainly contained information regarding it is one of the requirement to be a mage in the mage’s guild or any magic casters class. Some also asked about the LV1 thing on that skill, the most liked answer on that question is.

Quote on Quote ‘Maybe it is the basic of the basics? That’s why they put it as LV1 that way it shows that a LV 1 Player can have it so they can become an advance magic caster class in the requirement – DoomSlayer269’

Most are satisfied with the answer, but it just doesn’t fit in Evan’s mind. Since he’s thinking of “If they put LV1 just to justify that. Why don’t they just put it without any Levels then? That would clarify it better”

But that would be something for tomorrow as he cashed in that 390 gold into 39 dollars. After that he logged out where it is empty of players to his room as he get up and take a shower. Before eating dinner brushing his teeth and fall asleep.

 

Hello readers! My writing style has been changed as I am trying new things, how is it compared to my other series? Is it good or not? Should keep it like this?

9