Chapter 33: Pest
500 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hakuta attempted to return back to his daily life after all the recent revelations. Unfortunately his life would now be changed forever all because of some random girl who moved into town.

“Hey, Hakuta.” Iruka whispered to him in class once more. It annoyed him that she had little regard for the rules. “Are you busy during lunch today?”

“Can’t say that I am.” He replied, knowing exactly what she would be asking next.

“Then let’s eat lunch together.” Why she would want to share a lunch with him was beyond him. It wasn’t as if there weren’t a million other better choices for her to go with besides him. Not to mention everyone else would love to at least eat lunch once with her to get to know her and see if they could become friends. Maybe even something more for most of the boys.

“Maybe we should talk about this another time.” He gave her a non answer. “Maybe when lunch actually rolls around we’ll see.” Hakuta brushed her off for the time being. Even during lecture time he wasn’t safe from her constant pestering. It didn’t help that he had no clue on why she kept bothering him of all people. Was it simply because of convenience since he sat right in front of her?

He would eventually learn the extent of her wanting to ‘hang out’ with him when lunch finally did roll around. Hakuta assumed she would forget about it when the other girls came around to suggest she join them with some food. Those people were much more interesting and fun compared to him. If anything, he believed she might even try to make him into a gopher to grab bread or something.

Their lunch period came about and as expected the other gals came to her desk. They had asked her if she wanted to come over to their desks. It would certainly get her off his back if she actually accepted their offer.

“You know, we can even come and stay here if you want.” Said Rouko with a devilish smile. “We’ll just kick Hakuta from his desk.” While he might take offense to being taken away from his seat. This would also be a positive for him as well if they went this route. Either way, he would be able to get away from this girl.

“Oh sorry.” Unfortunately, Iruka went with neither of these options. She got up from her seat and grabbed him up as well. “I already got plans to eat with Hakuta here.” She proudly held onto him as the others just stared at them. He hated this attention, why couldn’t she just get the hint already.

“Uh…” He hesitated in agreeing with her. It would be a bit mean to reject her in front of everyone else, but what other choice did he have? Wait… He thought about it a little longer on the matter. Iruka was also aware of the truth between him and Shiuka. If he gave her the cold shoulder, then perhaps she might make their lives miserable. “Y-yeah.” He made the tough decisions to go along with her. “We’re going to have lunch together.”

“You do?” Both his friends were both shocked at how much progress he had made with the new girl. She was supposed to be wanting to hang out with them, since they were the more charming ones compared to the cold Hakuta. Yet she had already made up her mind without any more thinking.

“Yeah…” He answered uneasily. “Actually, if you-”

“Great.” She cut him off before he was able to make a suggestion that the others come along. It wasn’t even something he considered a strange thing to do, who wouldn’t want more people around to enjoy a meal? But Iruka seemed to have other intentions relating to him. “There’s a cool spot I saw outside we can share lunch together.”

“Just the two of us?” He felt himself being pulled away from the rest of the crowd. They appeared smaller as he neared the door with her. She already grabbed his bag, where his lunch was also situated in as she led the way.

“Of course.” She answered casually. “Why wouldn’t it be that way?” To her, they hadn’t planned this with anyone else. So in her mind, it seemed they had made these plans with the idea they would be on their own. “Now come on silly, I can’t just drag you there all the way. That would look weird, wouldn’t it?” As if they hadn’t already acted strange to the public world.

“Fine.” He relented, not wanting to prod the potential beast who held possible blackmail over him. “And give me back my bag.” As they walked away, everyone else just stared at them as they exited from view. The one who most focused on pair would be Shiuka, who had a frown on her face.

“Hmpf.” She got suspicious on what the truth intentions of this girl was. “Girls, we’re going to spy on them.” Without a hint of shame, she brazenly openly admitted her intentions for this lunch period.

“Really? That sounds fun.” Said Ninka. Her friends didn’t have the morals to tell her this was wrong. If anything, their morality didn’t consider this to be inappropriate at all.

“Yay, let’s go invade someone’s privacy!” Rouko cheered out, clapping her hands in giddy joy.

“Can we come along?” Asked Yuusen. The boys didn’t want to be left out of this matter. While they were also curious as to how their friend already captured the attention of the new girl. This also proved to be a good opportunity for them to try and get to hang out with these girls more.

“Sure, the more the merrier.” She allowed it, even if Shiuka wasn’t on board with that part.

“It’s going to be hard to keep ourselves hidden with everyone.” She muttered, but led the way for them to follow and get a good hiding place to spy on their friend and his new friend.

Iruka had stated she wanted to eat lunch outside. So they could easily follow them out there, but it would be nearly impossible to get close out in the open without them seeing. There had to be a better idea and Shiuka had already planned that out in her mind.

First was to send Rouko ahead to follow them to see where they would stop out there. She was the smallest out of everyone, so she had the best chance on not being spotted as she followed the couple. After she reported their location via a combination of phone conversation and the advances thanks to GPS technology in smartphones. They had found the best way to get a vantage point on them.

That being to go into the classroom that had a good view from above where they sat. There would be no reason for either of them to look into any of the classrooms. So this would be the safest to avoid being detected. Though it also wasn’t their classroom, so they were spotted by someone else.

“Who are you?” A student asked them. “This is my desk and I’ve never seen any of you before.” In order to be able to peer over the tree that this girl just happened to choose as the spot she wanted to eat with Hakuta at. They needed to move up floors to the third years in order to get the view they needed. “You’re also taking one of my friend’s desk too here.”

“Can you just go somewhere else for today?” Shiuka asked. “We’re just checking on some people, it’ll only be for today.”

“Okay, who’s jealous?” He asked. Being someone who was older than all of them, he had a bit of an attitude.

“No one’s jealous!” She snapped back at him. “There’s just this new girl and she’s way too interested in our friend. So we’re just making sure he’s all right.”

“Honestly I think that girl’s into him.” Itsuki remarked. “Do you want to watch too?” He made a stupid offer to the upperclassmen who already wanted little with them.

“No thanks.” To no surprise, he rejected the offer. “I already went through this group spying business before and that nearly ended poorly for me. Besides, I’ve seen enough, just tell that guy how you feel and get it over with.”

“I told you it’s not like that.” Shiuka once again yelled back at him, but the boy was already making his leave.

“Whatever, I’m just going to tell my friend that we’ll just have to have lunch somewhere else.”

“Geez, who does that guy think he is.” Said Rouko, commenting on his attitude.

“Well, we are the ones taking his desk.” Yuusen admitted they were being a bit rude.

“He’s just so arrogant though. I swear I’ve seen that guy around before.”

“Shh!” Shiuka silenced their bickering as she stared intently at the pair sitting at the tree now. “Look, they’re starting to eat now. We got to pay attention.”

14