Chapter 66: Ninka’s Dudebro
262 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hakuta took a massive gulp now knowing he was alone with this other boy. Considering the age difference and the way they presented themselves, Ninka’s brother was practically that of an older man.

Kijuu did not appear like someone who just looked tough. He seemed to be the real deal and the type who would be perfectly willing to beat Hakuta up right here in his own home while his family was here. If only just because Hakuta looked like a regular nerd who would be bullied by a guy like him.

“So you wanted to talk alone?” Hakuta spoke up, still feeling his hand in the vice grip, so to speak. “Any reason for that?”

“How about the two of us go on a little walk?” Kijuu suggested, finally letting go of his hand. Though this didn’t spell safety as the boy wrapped his arm around his shoulder and led them in the opposite direction from where the girls were. “Just wanted to talk, no big deal.” Though from his tone, Hakuta certainly felt the fear building up inside of him.

He was taken just down the hall of this rather large house. If going around Shiuka’s place tired him, then this would’ve been downright exhausting to live in. Thinking about it, he realized that it was mainly due to his lack of fitness which cause most issues.

“So what did you want to talk about?” Asked Hakuta as he noted being taken away from the girls to a place where he wouldn’t be heard screaming. “Ninka’s never mentioned you, so to be honest I don’t know anything about you.” It would be unfair to judge him based on appearances. Though so far in his life, using appearance was usually a good indicator of what to expect from someone, himself included.

“She certainly mentioned you when I got back.” He replied. “And from the sounds of it, I think she’s got a little bit of a crush on you.” The cat was out of the bag when it came to what this boy knew. Now that Hakuta understood this part, he figured he could just play into it.

“I guess she must’ve told you I was her new target.” He spoke in a cool manner, though he was still sweating bullets on the inside as the older boy still had that arm over his shoulder. “She’s dated a ton of boys in school, so I’m sure it wasn’t hard to decide I was a good idea.”

“Heh, you really don’t got a clue about her.” Kijuu laughed hard, letting him go. “She didn’t tell me it directly. Ninka was a bit careful to try and avoid saying she actually liked you.” This came as a surprise to Hakuta. Considering her personality with him and everyone else, he figured she was quite open about her feelings towards him. In fact, her two girl friends were quite aware of it very well at this point.

“That’s interesting.” He turned his head to hide away the shame. He hoped his initial response didn’t send the wrong signals about the type of person he was or what he thought she was like. “I mean, she kind of somewhat told me.” It was hard to explain what was essentially not a true confession. At least not like what he had seen in some anime shows he had seen joke clips of on the internet. Considering his lack of experience, he was certain what was shown in fiction didn’t actually happen in real life.

“That’s why I thought she was acting strange.” Kijuu definitely knew her well and whenever she had a boy she was interested in dating, Ninka never once tried to hide those intentions to him. But if she was reserved a bit with Hakuta, then something must’ve been special with him. “So I figured she must really like you a ton.”

“Um, I guess?” He didn’t want to disagree on the assessment, since Hakuta still wasn’t sure onto what kind of person Kijuu was. But he didn’t feel the same way as that boy. To him, Ninka treated him pretty similar to the rest of the boys she dated. So while it was not something he wanted, it also wasn’t anything out of the ordinary as well.

“And since she’s my little sister, it’s up to me as her big brother to make sure you’re alright too.” Those words concerned him. How would he go about that? Was Kijuu about to test him? And if so, then what would this entail? “You know, because I can’t forgive you if you break her heart.”

“Wasn’t planning on it.” Hakuta felt the heat from this grilling and that fiery stare sent his way. Though it worried him considering the nature of this conversation. It wasn’t as if he was some new boyfriend for Ninka. They were talking as if he was going to married the girl when they hadn’t even starting dating. “I don’t want to make any promises, but nothing’s even happened yet.”

It was a lie. Not in the sense that they had any escapades as a couple. Rather in the fact that Hakuta had already made her sad before during the gaming tournament. Fortunately she never seemed to mention it to her older brother, but if she had. Then he was certain that he would be about to suffer from being the victim of a homicide case.

“I don’t think you’re understanding me here.” He got close, his eyes pierced into his very soul as they stared at one another. “I’ve met a lot of the dudes Ninka’s thought were a good idea to date. Those guys were a bunch of chumps and I knew they all were going to be dumped in a week.”

Hakuta couldn’t tell what was the point in being so serious. He never viewed himself to be so different compared to those other boys. At least in the sense of having any major accomplishments. “You better take this chance I’m giving you. Most bros don’t do this, but I’m telling you to go date my sister.”

“I think I deserve a say in this too, right?” Hakuta spoke slowly and nervously in response. He feared those words could’ve very easily triggered this guy into hurting him. “Hmm? Are we heading downstairs?” As they had walked, he noticed them taking some steps down. These weren’t the same as the ones he took to get to Ninka’s room. This place was somehow large enough to warrant to set on opposite sides and they had now looped around down.

“Well I did want you to meet someone else too.” Kijuu answered as he lead him to the kitchen. Considering the location and context of the situation so far, it wasn’t hard for him assume this would be Ninka’s mother he was about to meet.

Remembering what Shiuka had joked about before, he wondered what this lady would be like. Considering who her husband was like, he could sense her being a more quiet and reserved woman. This would also be compounded with him about to meet her in the kitchen, where she likely was cooking up some dinner for her family. Though it would be strange for both their kids to turn out so different from their parents. But one could argue he was nothing like his own father.

As he walked into the kitchen, Hakuta’s jaw dropped from the sight. The place was an absolute mess with food all over the counters and the stove top howling from a meal being overcooked. But this was all nothing compared to the person standing in the middle of it all.

She was a woman dressed in an outfit designed for those much younger than her. There was a smile on her face that went along with all the makeup. While he had never met an adult gyaru, it was easy to tell her fashion choices considering he was surrounded by them all the time at school.

“Yo mom.” Kijuu called out to her in a completely casual manner that most children wouldn’t refer to their parents as. They were more like friends, rather than mother and son. “Look it’s that boy Ninka’s been talking about.”

“Oh!” She gave out an audible gasp as she abandoned her cooking project to greet him. Now he felt there was a fire hazard in this house with this conversation starting up. “You’re Hakuta, wow you really look just like how she described you.” She was rather intimate with little care for personal space as the older woman gave him a hug without asking for permission.

“It’s… Nice to meet you too.” He replied, struggling to speak with how tightly she held him. Hakuta wondered how Ninka’s described him that it was apparently accurate. Hopefully it was more flattering that how Kijuu had referred to him when they first met.

“Ah, you came here to help her out with her homework, right?” She quickly let go when she was hit with an important realization. “We shouldn’t be distracting you from helping her out.”

“True.” Kijju agreed, but only reluctantly. “I just figured he should meet the family, you know?” It was a good point on both their sides. However Hakuta didn’t care either way about the reasoning.

“Speaking of, the rest of our friends should be coming by.” He said, pointing over at the clock. “So I’ll just be heading back to her room.” In quick, but smooth fashion, Hakuta slid away from the pair and towards the stairs once more. “It was nice meeting you two, so I’ll see you later!” Hakuta spoke up louder as he talked to them while also at the same time now running up the stairs to get away.

9