Chapter 84: Rouko Spills the Beans
266 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shiuka looked around her surroundings awkwardly as she wondered what it was that Rouko wanted to talk about. It was obvious to her from the way she spoke that this wasn’t just a simple trip to the bathroom for girls. This was supposed to be leading up to the private conversation with some serious subject matter.

It was rare to see Rouko get all worked up over something. She normally took most thing with a lack of care, even when it was supposed to be taken with respect. So whatever it was, it was obvious to her that this was important to her.

“Okay, okay.” Shiuka decided they had gone far enough from the group so that no one could see or hear them. “You’re freaking out big time. What’s this all about?”

“I’ll tell you what this is all about.” Rouko turned to look her right in the eye and prepared to tell her the truth. She had been waiting long enough and it had eaten away at her core. There was no way to hold back any longer. “I-” As it turned out, she was going to have to wait a tiny bit longer as a volleyball slammed right into her head, causing the girl to collapse to the sand.

“Oh my gosh, are you all right?” Someone who had been enjoying their game on the beach called out to them.

“We’re all right.” Rouko weakly responded, who tried to toss the ball back to them only for it to not even make it halfway.

“Are you sure?” Asked Shiuka.”

“Of course I’m sure.” She shook her head and put this setback behind her. “Look, I need to tell you that-” Again, she found herself interrupted once more. This time a large boy who had been playing some Frisbee catch with some friends had attempted to make a catch without paying attention. So he had accidentally crashed into her and his larger size meant she was no match for him as they tumbled to the ground.

“Whoops, sorry about that.” The guy said to her. This might’ve been a decent time for her to attempt a flirting move, but Rouko was not in the mood for it.

“That’s fine… I’m fine…” She replied with the wind knocked out of her sails. Again, she stood up after the boy got up and left the pair to return to their conversation.

“You really don’t look good now.” Shiuka couldn’t help but comment on the pained expression on her friend’s face that went along with her messed up hair from all the damage she had taken. “Maybe this can wait? You should probably-”

“No.” She cut her off before she was able to suggest anything else. Rouko would not take the concept of waiting any longer, any longer. “Shiuka, I need to tell you-” She once again tried to make her confession, which yet again got interrupted when she got bumped in the head by a large metal object.

“Sorry about that.” It was Omihiro, who had his backed turned to them when he accidentally turned around and hit her. “But I think I’m getting real close to some major treasure and-”

“Don’t care.” She didn’t let him finish as Rouko was now past the boiling point when it came to waiting due to all these interruptions. “Shiuka, I know about you and Hakuta!” Finally, she had blurted out what she had been holding in this entire time. Though it was much louder than she had originally planned. As she had also gotten more frustrated as time had gone on. The people around them all turned their heads to stare at the girls and older man in bewilderment.

“I think we should go now.” Shiuka suggested. She would’ve been more shocked over this revelation if she hadn’t already been aware of the truth for a while now. Though she certainly had not expected her friend to be the one to spill the beans to her first.

“Yeah…” Omihiro agreed. Rouko had said nothing as she had gotten too emotional, which exhausted her to only breath deeply as they walked away and hoped the crowd would stop caring and just return to their day at the beach.

After another short walk in one direction, they found themselves among people who respected their privacy. Who also were unlikely to destroy Rouko physically as well. “To be honest, I wasn’t expecting you to just go out and tell her the truth so suddenly.”

I’m sorry Shiuka, but why is this dude talking to us like he knows us?” Now that she had told the truth she had kept bottling inside herself. Rouko had returned to her usual self, which included the normal tone and attitude, now that her mind wasn’t stressed out beyond belief.

“Right, we haven’t officially met.” He said, reaching out a hand to her. “I’m Omihiro Noto, it would be nice if you call me Omihiro.”

“What?” She didn’t take his handshake as his introduction did little to explain to her who he was. Not to mention that just knowing his name didn’t mean she wanted to call an adult s causally.

“He’s Iruka’s dad.” Shiuka informed her. “And he also happens to work for my dad, so he knows about me and Hakuta too.”

“Wow, I really wasn’t special at all.” She griped. When Hakuta made such a big deal about his secret with Shiuka, she thought she was the only one who knew outside of the people involved. Now it just seemed she was being added to the list of those in the know.

“She’s a pretty strange girl.” Omihiro remarked to Shiuka. “How did you two become friends?”

“Omihiro, can you please give us some privacy?” She asked him quietly. “I think this is something we need to take care of for ourselves.”

“Sure can do.” He gave her a thumbs up and donned his equipment once more. The man was more than confident she would do the right thing after his advice earlier. “I’ll just be hanging around if either of you need me.”

“Thank you.” She bowed her head in gratitude as he walked away. Then she slowly turned her head back up to give a glare to her long time friend. “And why are you telling me about this now?” She asked, returning the conversation to the important topic at hand.

“Look, we were going to tell you after this trip, I promise.” She sighed, telling her the truth. “But I just can’t, not when I can clearly tell you’re upset about it.”

“You don’t even know the start of it.” Shiuka spoke back sharply. “How could you? How could you go and do you-know-what with Hakuta in the same house I live in?”

“I… Don’t know what you’re talking about.” She replied, bewildered at the supposed accusation. She wasn’t dense. Rouko knew what was being implied, but had no idea what would give this girl any indication on this fact. “Wait, when did you know I was in you house with him?”

“I saw it on camera.” She told her in a direct manner, getting closer to the girl’s face in growing anger. “I even saw the part where you kissed him.”

“You saw that?” This made Rouko sweat bullets. She knew it meant nothing, but that would not be how many who saw it without context would view it. “I wasn’t trying to be romantic. I was just telling him he was a cool guy. Come on, you know me. I do that all the time with other boys.”

“I hate that I know that.” It did throw a wrench in her accusation. Many times when they had hung out late at night, her friend would end up planting some cheek kisses on plenty of boys where it didn’t lead to anything.

This information was also why Shiuka didn’t immediately confront her friend and break their friendship off. Since there was a part of her who didn’t believe her assumption to be true. “Oh yeah, then what about his bed?”

“Well I did hide in your bed.” She meekly admitted. “And that means I heard the things you said to him. Boy are you sure glad you didn’t say anything super embarrassing then.”

“I’m glad about that…” It did little to make her feel better. Shiuka had been honest with her hear to him in that moment, so knowing her friend had seen her be so vulnerable still had its impact on her.

“Wait, you didn’t notice me hiding back then. How did you know I was in his bed at all?” Considering the circumstances, it was obvious she didn’t just pretend not to notice then.

“That’s because I smelled your scent on his sheets when I was doing the laundry later.” She told her. “So I bet you two aren’t pure anymore after that night.”

“I’m pretty sure he’s still among the virgin gamer group.” She replied with a bit of apprehension. Not because she was lying, as this was the honest truth, but rather because of another piece of information. “You sniffed his bed sheets?”

“I can do some detective work myself, you know.” She crossed her arms as if trying to pretend what was done was normal in any way.

“Hmm…” That didn’t seem to do it for Rouko. “Or maybe…” She paused, her thoughts coming to what she believed to be the truth. “Shiuka, do you like Hakuta?”

9