Gal Christmas 4
52 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hakuta wasn’t the only one dealing with all the busyness revolving round Christmas. After all, he was far from the only one planning on celebrating it. Girls such as Ninka and Rouko were also preparing for it in their own private manner to avoid Shiuka. Though this was going to change very soon.

“I wonder if we really need to keep avoiding this.” Ninka commented as they were going on their shopping spree to collect presents for everyone. This did include Shiuka, as she deserved gifts as well. They just normally gave them to her after the holiday to not mistaken it for the day of. “You know, with Shiuka and all that.”

“She just wants to be left alone.” Rouko replied. While she was a fan of drama, she wasn’t a fan of confronting herself. Things were better as a spectator. “It’s not like everyone celebrates Christmas.”

“But she used.” She responded. “I mean, she even went to our places back then, but it’s been kind of a drag lately.” Gals such as themselves enjoyed the holiday season just as much as everyone else. So it was a massive disappointment that whenever this would roll around each year, they had the nagging issue with Shiuka to be reminded of it every time.

“I know.” She sighed, unsure of what they should do. “Maybe it’s because Hakuta’s around, but I feel like he’s making me want to do something.” There was something about that boy that Rouko found rather peculiar. For someone who claimed to be very anti-social, he really did go over the top in attempting to solve problems in their friend group.

It didn’t even matter who. He had no qualms and it seemed as though he was desperate to save the day whenever someone was down. This included girls such as Iruka, Ninka, and even Shiuka. What made him tick in such a manner, she wondered.

“Man, speaking of Hakuta…” Ninka was reminded of something else more important to her when she heard his name brought up. “I need to get him something too.”

“I’m sure you can just buy literally any video game and he’d be happy.” Her opinion of his hobby was low and she thought he had no standards. Seeing as he’d bring up something new nearly anytime he mentioned playing a game, she figured he’d try just about anything out.

“But I want to get him something special.” Ninka replied, putting her hands over her head as she struggled with all the thinking. “A game’s fine, but I want to make sure it’s good. Ugh, I don’t even understand all the talking they do in those reviews. Like, what does balance, or mechanics even mean?”

“Sometimes I wonder if the two of you are just doomed.” Rouko supported her friend’s pursuit of Hakuta romantically, but this didn’t mean she thought it was a good idea in the slightest. “Sorry, I’d love to help you.” She looked at her phone while speaking in a sarcastic tone. “But I need to go home, so I’ll see you tomorrow.” They separated and Ninka was now left alone to try and find the perfect gift her for crush.

“If only there was someone else who knew him well…” Ninka considered for a moment texting Iruka to see if she could help her out. That girl seemed oddly pushy to him for some reason. He did explain a tiny bit of what had gone on, but most of this information was in one ear and out the other for her.

This was when she saw someone else she believed might be able to help her. It was Shiuka, who was hanging out in the mall by herself with a cup of hot chocolate to keep her warm. While they normally all went shopping together, it wasn’t a strange sight to run into each other when running simple errands. “Shiuka!” She called out to her friend, running to her at full speed. “Funny running into you.” She said once she caught up.

“Yeah, I guess you’re just taking care of some last minute shopping?” Shiuka responded, seeing the shopping bags her friend carried which contained most of the gifts for Christmas.

“Yeah, and I guess you’re just hanging about.” Seeing as Shiuka was not known for celebrating Christmas as hard as them, she didn’t think she was out just for the holiday. Though she did still partake in the gift giving, so it was still possible she was on the hunt for some stuff as well.

“You can talk to me about it if you need to.” She informed her. There was no need to hold back for her feelings sake, especially since she never told them what the issue was in the first place. “What gifts are you trying to find?”

“You know Hakuta pretty well, right?” Feeling a tiny bit more confident, Ninka was able to ask what she had been seeking. “I bet you have a better idea of what he might like.”

“I guess.” She didn’t think she had a special relationship with him over the other girls. Yet this was what they all always keep telling her. “He’s not a complicated boy. I’m sure you could just pick up some random video game and he’ll be grateful.”

“But, I don’t want just a gift that he’ll only just like.” Ninka had been pursuing him long enough to know she needed to find a way to break through his walls by now. “I want him to finally return my feelings.”

“Y-you do?” This got her a bit taken aback. She hadn’t considered her friend to finally try and force things. Sure, it had been a long while since she announced her intent and it made sense considering the holiday. Shiuka just thought that she would want to be with family instead.

“Yeah, you know it’s in the season for people to hook up. I figured maybe I could give him something real nice. And maybe he’ll understand that I really like him and we could just… Do something together for Christmas.”

“Together for Christmas…” She uttered the final words of the last sentence. Shiuka turned her head down, hiding away her face from her friend.

“Shiuka?” Ninka got concerned, taking a step forward and placing a hand on her shoulder. “Is something wrong?”

“Why?” She quietly spoke in response. “Why do you get Hakuta?” In frustration, she pushed the hand that had been placed gently on her off.

“Wh-what are you trying to say?” From what she had just heard, Ninka couldn’t help but know what was to come. Most people wouldn’t take issue with her going after a boy unless they… “You like Hakuta too?”

“What does it matter anymore?” She replied. “I never spoke up and when you said you wanted him. I didn’t have a choice.” Even though she was unable to admit it until this very moment. Shiuka had indeed fallen for Hakuta well before Ninka had ever announced her pursuit. “I can’t just take him away from you, that’s not fair.” Yet she didn’t feel as though her life was fair throwing into such a situation.

“Shiuka, I never knew…” Ninka was at a loss for words. She never realized for a moment her actions had been causing her friend to suffer with unrequited love. Or more accurate, a love she could never express because of not wanting to harm her.

“If only I could tell you the full truth.” Shiuka wished in this very moment to blurt out that she actually lived with him this entire time.

That despite this holiday season being mostly dreadful, that she might have some solace that he’d be hanging around with her. If only he didn’t have that stupid part time job taking him away during these cold days lately. But she could at least look forward to Christmas itself. Even if her father failed to return, they could be together. “Forget it, you wouldn’t understand.”

“Hey, don’t go away now.” Shiuka attempted to leave, but Ninka blocked her path. “I really don’t want you to be sad.” It was already bad enough seeing her depressed because of the holidays, but she didn’t want to add more onto it.

“What? Are you going to just say I can go after him!?” Shiuka lost her cool as she raised her voice. “That’s not fair for you either. I just stood by and stayed quiet when I could’ve, should’ve spoken up. But no, you were the one who put your heart on the line, not me.” She went on a tirade not wishing pity and sacrifice, blaming herself for her own pain. “So go ahead, take him. Don’t hold back because of me.”

Shiuka walked away, leaving her in stunned silence after telling her most of the truth. While she felt the sorrow in her heart, Shiuka believed it better this way. Even if she would lose the only other person who might’ve been there for her during Christmas.

3