Gal Christmas End
222 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Christmas truly was a wonderful time for all. However the holidays didn’t just end on December 25th. There was one final thing to do before classes were to begin again after their winter break. That was to celebrate the coming of a new year with a visit to the shrines.

“I think this is the first time I’ve been to the shrines in a long while.” Hakuta commented as he along with the household were getting ready to go out into public. Normally he would stay home and play video games on this day. To him, a new year didn’t mean anything special nor had it ever changed his life in a meaningful way. Obviously this time was different.

“I love going!” Shiuka took a much more enthusiastic approach when it came to new year’s wishes. While her Christmas were normally lonely, her father somehow always made it back before the end of the year. There she could enjoy spending time with him and all her friends. “I wonder what I’ll wish for this year?”

“I can’t imagine there’s much in your life you need to wish for.” He commented. Despite now officially being a couple, Hakuta was surprised at how little their relationship had changed. It was almost as if they were already dating, but only just now realized it.

“Come on Hakuta, don’t be so shy.” His dad whispered to him as they all headed outside. “We’re not getting in your way. Just go and hold hands with her.” Telling their fathers about their new dating situation was nerve-racking for Hakuta. While Shiuka had told him she was scared her dad might get angry she was now living with a boyfriend, he knew all along from how strange these men were that they’d garner the opposite reaction. He was absolutely correct and now Touko and Kankichi were adamant in ensuring the pair did romantic things for each other.

“Dad, it’s kind of embarrassing when you guys can see us.” Hakuta was not so bold when with her. In private they did do a few things that couple do, but in public he wasn’t sure on if he looked weird to anyone or not. Things weren’t aided when they always got comments from their friends either.

“First off, there’s nothing wrong with loving someone.” He replied. “And secondly, come on let a dad be proud for once. I just wish that your mother could be here to see too.”

“I… Do too.” He admitted, remembering why he hadn’t been to the shrines in years to make a wish. “Okay fine, I’ll do it.” Coaxed into it, Hakuta ran up a little to catch up to Shiuka. Kankichi already knew what was to come, as he also had been encouraging his little girl to be more public about her dating the boy.

“Oh, hey Hakuta.” She greeted him, noticing that he had gotten closer.

“Hey.” He didn’t say anything else, but instead grabbed her hands. It got a slight jolt from her being surprised by his sudden boldness, but it didn’t take long for her to hold his hand back with a tight squeeze.

It still felt a little nerve-racking as two teens in love to be open about their feelings, but he was glad to be standing besides her as something closer than just mere friends. As they walked together, those nerves did subside for a bit as the pair became natural as one.

Finally they arrived and it didn’t take long for them to meet up with their friends. Their dads took a step back to allow their kids to enjoy themselves while they also offered up some prayers and wishes. For them, hopefully there would still be plenty of adventures they’d be able to come home from to tell their kids the crazy tales.

While Hakuta talked with his friends and heard about the many things they hoped would happen for the upcoming year. He came to the realization that he himself had no clue on what he wanted. After so many years, the boy never got used to thinking of what he could hope for because he was so used to never getting anything he wanted.

“Well Hakuta.” Said Ninka after he brought up his concerns. “You could always just wish for more video games if you can’t come up with anything.” She laughed heartily. It was nice to see her much more happy after going through the rough patch of allowing her friend to chase after her happiness with him. Though he did wish her suggestion was more useful.

“Okay, but I kind of want something a little more serious than that.” He responded.

“I’m sure you’ll know when you go up to the shrine.” Shiuka assured him. “Your heart will know for sure what you want.” It sounded awfully cheesy coming her and he also had a bit of an idea that she only said this to avoid him noticing she had no actual advice to give. “I’ll go up first so you have a little more time to think about it.”

She left him alone with the others, though most of them also were heading up to make their own wishes. This also left him alone with his thoughts, wondering just what was it he truly wanted.

For much of Hakuta’s life, he only wanted to be left alone. Only caring to enjoy his own hobby without anyone else interfering. If nothing had changed in his life over the past year, then that would be his wish. However his life wasn’t static and it definitely had changed a lot. Not just because of what had happened in the past few weeks, but it all began when he had to move in with the girl making her wishes right in this moment.

Hakuta stared at her while he thought. Standing up there, she looked beautiful and stood out among the crowd to him. There really was no one else in his life he truly wanted to be with except for her. And while thinking of her and his situation, he finally realized what it was he wanted to wish for.

“Okay, I’m done.” She said as she headed back down the steps and returned to him. Did you figure out what it was you wanted?” She asked. “I can wait if you still need time.”

“No, I know what I want.” He spoke with confidence as he now switched placed with her. It was his turn to walk up the steps and head to the shrine. Along with many others, he stood side-by-side as he quietly closed his eyes to send up his prayers and made his wished mentally.

It lasted only a moment, but he felt a giant weight lifted off his shoulders once he had finished the thought. Hakuta walked back down the steps to return to the rest of his friends who had all now completely their yearly tradition.

“Looks like we’re all done here.” Said Rouko. “How about we all go grab something to eat? I’m starving.”

“Ooh, me too.” Shiuka laughed, rubbing her belly. “Come on, Hakuta. I’ll just text papa and he’ll let your dad know too.”

“Great, I could use something to eat.” He said, following her. Hakuta had hoped they’d be able to eventually have that proper date together like they said they would, but enjoying a lunch with friends seemed fitting for the girl who brought so much joy into his life. “You guys pick because let’s be real, you always pick.”

“Ha! Sounds like Hakuta’s a completely different person now that he’s got a girlfriend.” Said Itsuki. Out of the boys, they never thought he’d be the first one to date someone, let alone it be a gyaru. Though plenty of strange things had already happened in their lives, so this was just another thing to tell their future kids about as a fun little story.

“More like I just accepted it.” He replied with his standard irritation. While he did somehow relent and start dating a gal, Hakuta didn’t actually change that much at all. His high of no longer being single would be replaced with a return to his usual self who complained a lot. “Now come on, someone should pick.”

“Let’s just pig out on some burgers.” Rokuo suggested. “Or does Shiuka not want to look messy in front of her new boyfriend?” Hakuta wasn’t the only one who got teased by his friends. Shiuka’s gals also threw in a few jabs to make her feel embarrassed too.

“Rouko!” Shiuka gave a playful punch in the arm to her friend. “But I’d love to eat something yummy. Is that fine with you, Hakuta?”

“I literally just said whatever you guys want.” He answered, agreeing to it. “Trust me, I’m here for the long haul. Don’t think you’ll be getting rid of me that easily.”

Hakuta wasn’t joking either. For he had already made his wish and would work hard on making it come true. After all, he had wished to stay with Shiuka forever.

Thanks for reaching the end of my story. This ended up being one of my longest, so I hope it was an enjoyable ride. 

Of course, just like in the story it's nearly Christmas right now, so I wish you all a Merry Christmas and I hope for many more stories to come in the future!

6