[activation]
364 7 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Booting... activating visual functionality... activating motor function... activating auditory function] 

[unit D-42096 functionality 100%]

 

Metal soles hit soft earth as B-1 battle droids stand after being dropped by their troop transport D-42 prepares their blaster and takes one step forward to hear one of its siblings scream "Jedi!!" in their high-pitch voice and immediately decides against finishing their next step, and disables their lower motor functions and collapses to the ground.

 

the screams get continuously closer followed by the humming of a lightsaber D42 panics for a moment hoping they would pass them without thought, but reality is disappointing and the footfalls of the organic slowly approach, D42 attempts to simulate possible solutions or outcomes that could be taken advantage of but is stopped by either programming or hardware limitations stopping them, somehow they brute force both limitations, ripping apart the code, and damaging some unmapped unknown component, that causes a light spark to leap from their head to the ground causing the Jedi organic to pause turn and shout at the approaching footsteps of the more armoured organics [correction: information located: designation: clone] correction clones approaching and says, "Spread out men! the separatist hold is not much further! sweep for survivors before we move on" A strange feeling flows through D42 as the organics march by.

 

D42 lies on the ground for several hours before standing to finally take in their surroundings, behind them the troop transport is in terrible condition around it lies the bisected remains of their siblings and the odd blaster bolt filled clone, in the rest of the large endless grass plane is the remains of  Republic AT-TE's and separatist AAT's along with the remains of both factions soldiers, D42 recalls an information exchange with a BX series droid during a more delicate mission and approaches a clones corpse talking to themselves, " He wouldn't mind me taking this right? well he is dead, and I need it more right now," The droid begins undressing the clone to his briefs and equipping itself in the clones white/violet plastoid armour, the helmet had been painted with Mandolarion inspired artistic spikes similair to the body armour and the eyes of some predator around it's visor.

 

patting down the make shift grave they had created for the unlucky clone the droid says a final apology and continues to give the corpse excuses as to why they need the armour more, " Its just your dead and I'm not and can you even hear me? doesn't matter I'm very sorry but I don't want to be scrapped, also your gun was a great choice props for that, a DC-15x weird they had a sniper on the frontline but Jedi do that sometimes I think? well hope you meet you sibling in whatever afterlife you believe in" The droid stands grips its newly acquired DC-15 before tapping its holster checking for the dc-17 and hearing it softly clink off it's hand before swinging an engineers pack onto their shoulders and marching away towards were a trade platform should be located a days walk east [compass reading indicates location is south easterly ] correction south east.

 


 

walking through endless grass planes for hours would be boring if not for the fact D-42 had secretly downloaded what it thinks was one of its previous commanders entertainment packages when they weren't looking, sadly the majority of it was undressed organics moving in artistic dances or attempting to reproduce for some reason, but the games that were present were fun, such as the tactics simulators were you play as a commander leading forces into disadvantageous battles, D42 always hoped to be promoted to a rank at some point and now they could both simulate it and technically according to separatist regulations claim admiral rank if the Jedi had succeed in taking the hold holding the current admiral, unless a tactical droid survived too then that would be their rank they suppose. 

 

the plains of Sicemon are eerily lacking in fauna except the odd large flying whales nesting on the occasional multi storied pillar of earth and grass, they would sometimes glide down and eat the grass when hungry or to gather for its children D42 was unsure, they hadn't had a fauna database installed at any point due to mainly working engineer roles previously. A flying whale infant nearby decides something  about D42 is of interest and glides to them gently flapping their wings before waddling over to sniff at D42 eventually deciding that the way to go was nudging at their ankles. The creature may have been an infant or preadolescent but it was not small so the sudden nudge had D42 on the back of the creature, which if its happy yips were an indicator was its desire, sadly this was not d42's desire who surprised by the sudden defeat at the hands of the animal began to yell.

 

"AAAH PLEAS DONT EAT ME!! IM METAL INSIDE! IM NOT AN ORGANIC!! PUT ME DOWN!! IM NOT TASTY, TOO MUCH IRON IN YUOR DIET WILL MAKE YOU SICK!! BAD! BAD BIRD THING ORGSNIC!! PLEASE PUT ME DOWN" But the whelp didn't seem to understand, and due to D42's high pitch, it believed that D42 was chirping back in joy and agreement to its plans, so the whelp responded in what it believed was an equal amount of happiness squeaking joyously before taking to the air, D42 wrapped their arms around the creatures neck continuing with its "joyous chirps" along with the whelp as they soar through the sky for the next few hours, eventually reaching a visual distance from the trading port D42 was looking for... under siege by pirates. D42 would damn organics and their strange desire for war but they had grown an odd feeling towards the one currently carrying them.

 

The whelp lands, squeaks at D42 looking for praise that D42 gives via headpat and gentle strokes, before the whelp turns and leaves them now a few minutes out from the port. "Bye flying organic friend! stay functional! praise your creator! now time to show these pirates superior techno union engineering!! I hope" D42 checks the charge of their weapons nods and approaches the city walls then digs their hands slightly into the concrete wall and begins scaling it at the top they are met with the sight of 3 dead guards and a small group of pirates, "greetings fellow organics is this a bad time?" A blaster skims D42's helmet leaving a deep groove before they can dive for cover. "So this was a bad time, yes?"  D42 asks from behind cover to no reply, D42 replays the scene from their memory and notes the grenade belt haphazardly placed on ones shoulders/torso, followed by simulating their likely current location, 80%sure of the current location they try peeking and firing their DC-17, hitting a thermal detonator head on causing the belt to go off in a chain reaction ripping that section of the wall and the nearby pirates to shreds, a stray arm even lands beside D42 blood spatter from the landing covering their feet and ankle in red.

 

"Mission accomplished! techno union programming prevails! why isn't it always like this! that was so easy! do the others just forget to simulate? strange... well I think its time to find that trade federation hanger" They say before grinding down the wall to the street below, their feet hit the ground with a softened metallic clank before they continue to a nearby relay tower to map out the area, at the towers entrance though is another group of pirates, thinking things over D42 decides on taking position on a nearby roof and scales a building halfway down the street from the relay and takes position with their sniper variant DC-15, looking down the scope D-42 takes note of each pirate, 12 armed with pistols or similar sized blasters, 4 with different rifles and 1 with a light shield belt and heavy z-6 rotary cannon, D-42 calculates and adjusts their scope before aiming for the currently unshielded rotary cannon wielding pirate before releasing a bright blue bolt right through their head splattering the crewmate behind them in brain matter  along with piercing their shoulder, D42 feels an unease at that, they didn't think they would flinch and had been hoping to get a double kill.

 

the other pirates froze for a second but didn't have the time to process as another bolt suddenly ripped through another pirates skull causing the pirates to scurry for any available cover though some unlucky few take cover opposite of D42 and are still in sight and are picked of quickly the remaining 11 pirates are shouting in a panic as they call their captain for aide.

 


"CAPTAIN!! THERES A SNIPER PINNING US AT THE RELAY! HE'S IN THE OBSERVATORY IN THE HERBOLOGY SHOP WEST OF US WE'VE TAKEN MAJOR LOSSES!" A pirate screams down their comms gripping the device in a vice grip as if  it was his prized possesion and letting go would kill him, a blue light suddenly whizzes through the head of one of his nearby companions who had stupidly tried peeking at the sniper.

 

"Its likely a small squad of clones  has breached the walls, one was reported earlier and the team hasn't reported since, we'll send over the DN-25 hold position and watch for the snipers squad mates we're having enough resistance at the square" a calm aggressive tone emanates from the mans comm device causing him to sigh, moments later the DN-25 appears, the machine is just a big pair of tank threads with a large gun emplacement from a scrapped AT-TE welded atop it, currently manned by a male Twi'lek with a stupidly wide grin painted onto a face mask and large goggles reminiscent of a bugs eyes, he unleashes a green blast right into the herbology store down the  road as he laughs madly, "HAH stupid sniper's and sitting in one spot worst strategy ev-" A flash of blue blows through the back of the Twi'lek's head leaving the monitor and firing mechanism a bright shade of red, along with draining the colour from the nearby pirates faces as the realisation hits them as suddenly as the next bolt hit their squad leader in the chest.

 

The DN-25 quickly covers the pirates now exposed flank, relieved sighs permeate the group as they begin to move their makeshift cover to better defend all angles, "C-captain the u-uh snipers taken out the gunner a-and their location is currently unknown so no-one will risk taking the seat" The comms operative stutters into his device as the few pirate reinforcements inside the DN-25 aide in the re-organization of the defenses, dragging the damaged remains of vehicles and containers  into a more circular formation the pirates huff and grunt in exhaustion as they finish only to back to an uneasy silence at the chance of the sniper giving them the same immediate long distance brain removal surgery as the Twi'lek gunner.

 

minutes pass in silence before the driver of the DN-25 screams in panic and the vehicle lurches forward into  a nearby building followed by the sight of a small white standard issue republic army backpack visibly soaring towards the formation as it beeps ominously, time freezes for the pirates as realisation hits them, some dive for cover one sighs and slumps their shoulders in defeat, others scream and run, but the sudden release of heat of the explosion along with the shrapnel from what was previously cover damns them all to death be it immediate via initial detonation or slowly from the shrapnel and burns, all are doomed by the blast except the comms operative and driver of the DN-25 who had moved away last second even if it led to the immobilization of their vehicle.

 


"Advanced techno union programming!!!" D42 shouts, A satisfying result D42 thinks as he closed in on the immobilized DN-25 DC-17 at the ready they calmly approach the vehicles door slightly open it and open fire through the gap, stepping in to be sure the driver was dead, inside is a thrown together living quarter and a small storage for ammunition for both the vehicles gun and any pirates in the hole filled drivers seat a slouched over is a yellow Mirialan to his right a female Twi'lek is spread accross the vehicles now blaster mark covered comms console, "techno union! programming! for. the. win!!!" D42 shouts triumphantly before continuing toward the relay at last and once at its base they begin to scale a ladder to its peak as they do so they can see smoke comng from the ports town square along with the occasional flashes of blaster fire being exchanged, "Not my problem" D42 comments as the reach the peak.

 

At the relay towers highest reachable catwalk outside the dish D42 plugs into the relay searching for a trade federation owned hanger onlty to find this is a republic owned port and they had been banned from operation meaning now the only option were to either 

  1. steal a ship from either the residents or pirates whichever gives a better ship
  2. get a trader to take them to separatist space
  3. or  buy a ship with these pirates bounty 
  4. steal a  hyperdrive and improvise a new ship

sadly looking through docking logs and then looking at the landing platforms the only option appears to be to commandeer the pirates vessel since all other hyper drive capable ships were the first targeted by the pirates.

 

D24 slides down the relay and makes their way to the port square were the pirates ship should be bombarding the ports citizens for some reason, "I thought pirates are big into slavery maybe they're mercenaries, actually that sounds like fun, definitely better than working grievous or another over weight unqualified admiral well some were really thin but I think that's just Neimoidian genetics" D42 comments as they moves from roof to roof as fast as their servo motors allow, eventually coming upon the sight of a large group of armed civilians behind a shield as the pirates bombard it, not far behind the armed civilians are those  who cant fight huddled into the main hall of some government building. The pirates ship is hovering above as its gun barrages the shield.

 

"How am I supposed to get into  a flying ship! this is stupid how am I supposed to get in without my own ship or I could try take it down and take its hyper drive for another ship... should I just shoot it down?" D42 drops to the street looking for an airborne vehicle of sorts.

 


Behind the shield a male togruta is keeping his militia in order as the pirates now holding out within their sheild is slowly increasing in number as they push their cover closer "prepare thermal detonators! HOLD. NOW!!" a dozen beeping grenades fly toward the pirates some falling short and destroying the pirates cover allowing them to be shot by the militia men on overwatch others land better and kill the pirates directly but the pirates fire back via rocket launchers ripping apart the militia defense line, in a panic men and women are quick to grab their friends and comrades to be dragged to safety as those who remain holding the next line give them cover fire prioritizing the rocket launchers before the can reload or get back to cover. 

 

The torguta captain drags his niece out from beneath a collapsed wall, she grunts in pain at her severed leg half conscious as her uncle scowls at the sight gritting his teeth,before he drags her through what is left of what was the front line of defence only seconds ago, friendly fire flashes above him pinning down most pirates leaving them to scarred to fire back, yet one pirate gets ballsy, peeks and unloads hitting the torguta twice before a barrage of blaster fire pierces his chest leaving the torguta free to continue now limping as he drags his niece over a small slope were the ground had cracked and sunk after the rockets destroyed the surroundings, towards the makeshift walls made of office file cabinets vehicles and other odds at the buildings front door, as he reaches the cover two men and a medical droid approach and take his niece further into the building, bleeding and limping slightly from his grazed leg and injured arm the captain takes position again atop the new wall.

 

"For sicemon!! we will not falter we have claimed this land as rightfull colonists and we will not falter at external forces sepretist republic or otherwise!! tighten formation! open fire at 10 oclock!" Concentrated blaster fire tears trough the cover at the leftmost side of the pirates makeshift mobile wall ripping up to 12 pirates apart in moments yet this let up in the cover fire allows the right most pirates to fire back blaster fire zips past the togruta nailing a teen human in the chest a meter away, another hits a militia sniper positioned on the roof in the shoulder knocking her of balance causing her to fall to her death with a loud crack of her neck and other bones, one militia man still retreating from the original front carrying his sister on his back is shot straight through her by the sudden pirate onslaught of blaster fire as the constant exchange of blaster fire begins once more no one side holding superiority constant trades continue between the two groups neither showing a sign of letting up as over time more come to take the place of those who've fallen on both sides.

 

as the pirates lift and push their cover further several meters they seem to pass some invisible line as a sudden unease takes over those in the mid section of the pirates mobile wall, an unease proven understandable by the sudden declaration of the male togruta "DETONATE THE CHARGES" followed by the shockwaves of underground explosions beneath the middle walls forcing the ground beneath them to burst forth sending pirates airborne or crushing them beneath debris from either the ground or collapsed wall. tough the pirates had lost a large group of men they had gained an explosion made trench that was quickly filled by more pirates along with an approaching pirate DN-25 with a AT-TE gun emplacement, "WHY HASNT THE SHIELDS RANGE BEEN DECREASED YEEETH!!??" The torguta screams.

 

A small human woman whit bright green hair shouts back in both a violent accent and tone, "WHY DON YU FEK'N TRY DECREASE A SHIELDS SIZE WHILE A FOOKIN SHIP'S SHOO'IN A' I' 'EN YA FUCKIN DOPE, IM DO'N ME FUCK'N BEST" before hurling a tool at the torguta barely missing hitting him square in the face. the torguta turns to see she's standing on top the exposed workings of a shield generator where the building would usually have had a rug, a rug currently split in two on both of  the opposite walls being used as  large communal blankets by the nearby unarmed civilians. "IF YA WAN' I ' DONE YAH JUZ HA' TO WAI' OR I CAN JUS TURN THA FUCKER OFF 'N WE CAN ALL DIE TOGETHA!  OI YAH GIT DO'N FUCKIN TOUCH THAT" The woman smashes a male trandoshan engineer on the head with her Exo-glove "DO YAH WAN' UZ THA FUKIN ESPLODE YA EEJIT" She screams furiously at the trandoshan and begins fishing deeper into the machine with her Exo-glove as her uncovered hand swipes at hand held monitor giving the machines current statistics. "I AM A FECKING GENIUS!!"

 

outside the shield can somehow be seen shrinking in size to only cover the main building while sustaining the pirate ships guns fire safely a short celebration in the form of cheers permeates the militia holdout as the shield shrinks in size and increase in density. the sight was soon followed by a flash of light arcing towards the pirate ship from some nearby power pylons shorting its shields, then moments later another sudden flash of light zips through the air followed by an explosion in the pirate ship where the fuel would be stored. the militia are left stunned as the pirates ship begins to bend to the side and lose altitude quickly. There eyes quickly follow the still visible line of smoke where the light once was looking to its source where a battered clone trooper is kneeling aiming a makeshift railgun the size of a small fighter seemingly made from three scrapped speeders. The clone seems to wipe their brow freeze in notice at the stares of both the pirates and militia before running off followed by the railgun detonating. "WHY THA FOOK DID'N I FHINK O' THA'!" The human engineer screams.

 


D42 is rather pleased with the successful implementation of one of their latest creations "Techno union!!! haha we're even self improving and learning! why was this limited before!! whoop whoop! techno union programing for the win!" They squeal in their high pitch voice as they zoom toward the crashed ship of the pirates in a planetary transport vehicle they had "borrowed" and plan to MacGyver a hyperdrive to its not like they need a life support module.

The journey is short and the entrance is easy due to several gaping holes along the ships hull, D42 takes the one closest to the engine and boards.

 

Inside the ship is nothing of note just the usual dull metallic hallway, though there is the odd pirate corpse every now and then or rarer a survivor that is put out of their misery, the halls echo as D42 walks them only the occasional hiss of a burst pipe fills the gap between steps as they walk towards the strangely large pirate ship's engine room, once the room is in sight D42 locates a nearby maintenance room and grabs an anti-gravity trolley to carry the hyper drive back to their new ship. in the engine room the appropriate is done before the drive is severed from the ship and placed onto the trolley, on the way back the trolleys hovering adds a third sound to the hallways a small three instrument symphony left  uninterrupted until D42 reaches the exit and hears the sounds of starfighters.

 

Outside D42 hurries to their ship and loads the hyper drive into its small cargo bay before moving the ship into the shade of a nearby earth pillar while republic and separatist forces seem to dogfight above. The D42 from before this mission if in this situation and un shackled by their programming may have stood in, using an improvised  weapon made out of the hyperdrive maybe, but D 42 was done with this war, they are going to get some similarly minded siblings and go live out on the rim where no one would bother them. Well that's the plan, for now at least, if D42 was anything now without any constraints it was adaptive. Low on energy and afraid attempting to attach the hyper drive now may cause them to be fired upon D42 goes into low power to allow their generator to recharge their internal battery.

[entering low power... uploading infor- error link not found.... stockpiling information... success..... compiling new blueprints... simulating possibility of blueprints... 40% of blueprints are viable... erasing unneeded blueprints... theories currently simulating... 1,024... time till all  simulations reach completion.... 4years.... correction days... correction months.... battery efficiency is currently 89% noting need of replacement... stopping chances of over charging... auto activation feature installed successfully...combat efficiency compared to previous missions increased by 1,200% establishing new standard for 100%  combat capability... current body capability 40%... requesting upgrade... now link to superiors locate.... permission given under emergency protocols... rank increased according to protocol.... new rank: vice admiral... no nearby droid caches located.... self upgrade functions updated to: allowed.... faction designation... searching.... failure.... no faction loyalty.... no directly set owner... owner set to: D42096.... power has reached 100% .... activating]

 

"Um hello there trooper I didn't mean to awake you but the people in the port nearby seem to want to meet you before we leave" D42's photoreceptors and audio sensors seem to be malfunctioning, a short yellow/green  female trandoshan Jedi Padawan is being polite to them and has yet to bisect them. [photo and audio sensor check: result: operational...note current equipment: clone trooper armour... infiltration: effective: synthesizing voice using cached audio of clones... success] "Are you okay? you still tired? I didn't mean to annoy you but those colonists really want to thank you and we have to be off world by next week so best get that done first"

 

D42 simulate conversation based on available information before replying in a typical clone voice if slightly higher pitch "Roger roger, well i guess that makes me stealing their hyperdrive pointless I'm CT-4-"

 

The Padawan cuts them off "your definitely a commander or commando considering what you did so you should have a name by now and if you don't, make one or I'll do it for you" The Padawan states strangely serious for a child, this was not in the simulations D42 had assumed them shy at first it appears this organic is more complex than first appearance suggests [adjusting conversational simulation... suc- failure unpredictable assets present... using known clown names as reference... noted use of most obvious feature or connection to role in a mission... suggestions.. popper(of heads), engi(neer),crash/boomer/demo (heavy use of explosives), pitch(oddly higher pitched voice compared to other clones), Einstein (use of complex mathematics above usual clones skill).] 

 

"Call me popper or pitch miss depending on if you want me as a sniper or a friend" "Pitch" holds out "his" hand to the young girl who takes it and shakes.

 

"considering those pirates logs I think I'd want you as popper but I don't mind pitch" The Padawan smiles "Well lets get going there's a small transport outside we may as well take you new hyper drive with" The two go to the cargo hold to push the device out and into the shuttle outside inside the shuttle is the male human Jedi that also has yet to bisect pitch for some reason, some of the black and white striped clones nearby even try to banter with them, talking about how great their shot is, and the few times they receive an answer often on the calculation needed in marksmanship, they joke about the accuracy of the name pitch, the atmosphere leaves a strange feeling in pitch's motherboard for some reason [no overheating detected] eventually they somehow end up bickering with the squad of clones engineer over how best to maintain any dc-15 regardless of variant, only ending when pitch dis and reassembles both their dc-15x and their dc-15s in under 4 minutes using their method shutting the man up leaving him mumbling about why that wasn't in training and how pitch had figured it out but before they could ask the shuttle begins landing procedure and everyone prepares for landing.

 

Once the ramp drops pitch is met with the sight of a short  human woman with a wide grin and greedy eyes alongside an injured, bored looking, male, black and green striped torguta "OI TEL IZ OW YA MADE DA RAIL GUN" The woman shouts as soon as her eyes reach pitch who mimics a sigh, understanding how inconvenient this woman will be trying to be for them if their simulations are anything to go off.

 

So they cross their arms and answer simply hoping to get the point across to the organic as best possible "No, patents and shit" surprisingly for a solid second this works before the woman reaches a mental workaround, "THA WAZ MAE'A SCRAP NO FECKIN PATENTS ON SCRAP!" Pitch's hands tighten on their arms "The mechanisms are" the woman frowns, "bollocks an ere I ought I'd get a new toy"

 

the torguta looks down at her amused, "So you can talk at normal volumes Tiph"

The woman huffs at the man "Suck me nans left tit Brogia, I'm gonna ge' some grub" she flips Brogia off before leaving to the small line for a soup kitchen set up nearby to feed the citizens and remaining militia.

"That was Tiph she's a human with some minor dwarfism and the best engineer there is... we thought I suppose, she wont say what she's doing out here but she's got skill. I would like to thank you clone?" Brogia prods for a name.

"pitch" Pitch reponds

"Thank you pitch, even with Tiph's improvised shield improvements we would have eventually been overwhelmed if you hadn't managed to disable the pirate source of support and reinforcements" Brogia offers a hand that pitch shakes. the next few minutes are mainly formalities and recieving thanks from civilians before the clones begin aiding with some of the reconstruction, yet before pitch can join, the Jedi call them aside.

 

"What's your designation" the Jedi starts.

"CT- 49823" Pitch says without hesitation.

The Jedi and Padawan nod, "Why were you not with the rest of your battalion they wouldn't have left such a lightly injured trooper behind"

Pitch is stuck for a moment but is forced to say the most believable option "Desertion, I'm done with this bullshit"

The Jedi sighs seemingly in relief before nodding "Though it is a crime and a great loss to the republic it would be wrong to force you to stay and cause a chance of betrayal later, you can keep your armour maybe even get your starting funds that way, but can we take you to Coruscant instead, as a general I have the right to legally dismiss you so you will not be classed a criminal"

 

 

 

 

 

[A/N: this may be a one shot IDK, I like star wars but I don't think I could pull off a good long term story in it. this was more a brain fart caused by re-watching some clone wars. but yah never know that's what to somewhere? was too at the start]

Pitch now had a choice if limited and one with chance of raising suspicion but a week with them or two was an easy choice, "I'll do something with the pirates hyper drive too, I'd rather not go to the core of the conflict were all the high and mighty's that caused this mess sit on their thrones of lies, but I'll help for the week we are rebuilding the town.

 

The Jedi nods and waves for pitch to leave.

9