1.3 You Give love a bad name
1.2k 0 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In addition to the severe anemia caused by excessive blood loss, Zhang Yuan's body was also completely exhausted. He slept for three consecutive days and nights without even noticing.

But none of that mattered since he was still alive.

The man next to Yuan's bed had spent the last few days working on it. Bryan Klaus did not have much choice, to be more exact. After being severely awakened by the violent knocking on his door in the middle of the night, he really was amazed when he found a small child and a bloody young man practically dying right in front of him. Without thinking much, he took the decadent pair in and began to deal immediately with Julian's bruised body.

In those three quiet days at Klaus's house, the news of the Kriston family massacre and the disappearance of the sole heiress spread throughout the city, and he immediately had an idea of ​​what was happening and who those wounded people were. Yet he still held firm to the original purpose of keeping the youth alive. Klaus preferred to wait for the answers to the various questions he had when the other man wake up.

This was already the morning of the fourth day.

 "He's going to be fine, right?", The little girl, who had also stayed night and day beside the bed, questioned while shaking hands with Zhang Yuan. She knew that, with the exception of this person, she did not have anyone else for her. The fear of losing him was weighing on his heart.

"Mn. He's just sleeping now. "Bryan answered gently as he stared at the young man's sleeping face. Now, properly cleaned and without the marks of despair, he may realize that the other had really remarkable traits. From the pale milky skin that contrasted with his dark hair, to the eastern eyes, which, even though they were closed, Klaus still remembered the deep blue in them.

Bryan was still staring at the youth as he felt the other's eyes tighten.

When Zhang Yuan regained consciousness, the system immediately notified him of how much time had passed. He took a deep breath, feeling every bone in his body complain, before he blinked and tried to look where he was. However, it was like trying to see underwater. It took a few minutes for Zhang Yuan's vision to return to normal.

"How are you feeling? "A low, anxious voice immediately entered his ears and he turned his neck toward the sound. A worried face, but with kind eyes, entered his field of vision and Zhang Yuan instantly recognized Bryan Klaus, giving thanks to the gods for the existence of noble people like him in the universe. As a good example of not a very noble person, Yuan was clearly aware that if all people were like himself, the world would have already been destroyed by chaos.

"My head hurts," he replied in a harsh voice. And it was not a lie. Zhang Yuan felt as if all the nerves of his body were now concentrating only on his head, inflaming and aching until he felt like falling asleep again.

"You're still very weak. Probably the headache is coming from the anemia and lack of nutrients in your body, "Bryan explained quietly. "I'll warm the soup for you."

Zhang Yuan only sighed comfortably as he nodded. In all his life he never had anyone who offered to warm up any food or take care of him when he was sick. Experiencing this feeling for the first time, he certainly would not refuse.

Then he noticed the two pairs of extra eyes staring at him intently.

"Brother ..." Lila called as she saw the open eyes of Zhang Yuan. "Brother ... I thought ... I thought you were not going to wake up ever again. ".

The little girl had not cried in the past few days. Even with everything that had happened in her house and with the awareness of the loss of her relatives, she did not shed any tears. Zhang Yuan even had praised in his thoughts the girl's emotional control. But at that moment, seeing that the terror had finally passed and that person was well, nothing prevented him from throwing himself in the arms of the weak Zhang Yuan and crying and exactly like a small child.

Although originally Zhang Yuan did not take the slightest step with children, he still had the memory of the original Julian. So he did not hesitate before snuggling the little girl into his arms and stroking his hair, speaking gentle words.

When Bryan returned with a steaming dish of soup in his hands, that was the exact image he saw. A feeling of warmth warmed Bryan's heart at that moment. He had arrived in town just over seven months and had no family or colleagues. His formerly empty and silent home was now filled with a child's cry of relief and the words of youthful comfort, and somehow it gave him a sense of tranquility.

"You need to feed yourself. "He hated to have to interrupt the moment between the two young men, but he was aware that Zhang Yuan's body was still not completely well, and that it was necessary.

Lila was the first to walk away, rudely wiping the tears from her face, nodding at Bryan's words. "Yes brother. You need to get strong soon. "

Zhang Yuan's stomach had been roaring since he woke up, so he was not going to do the ceremony to start eating. But on the outside, he put on a humble face and gently thanked Bryan for his hospitality.

"You're involved with the Kriston family. "It was not a question. "This little girl is the sought heiress, right? But who are you? And what really happened that night? ". The questions were asked directly to Zhang Yuan, who pretended to put a surprised and startled face at Bryan's words, even though he had already been waiting for it. The other man, noticing the expression of fear on the young man's face, hurried to say, "Do not worry, I will not do anything against you ..."

This Zhang Yuan already knew, but he smiled at Bryan's words of comfort anyway, taking a breath in a pitiful sigh.

"My name is Julian Lau, one of the servants of the Kriston family. And the young lady and I ... We're the only ones who managed to escape ... "He said in a very emotional way. Moistening his eyes until some of them like tears hanging on his eyelashes threatening to fall, Zhang Yuan narrated the whole event that had happened that night giving an extra touch of calamity. He purposely left out all the details about Julian's involvement with the situation, leaving the whole story just a sad fate.

The fame of the Kriston family all over town was not the best. They were famous not only for their fortune but also for being ruthless and selfish. The truth behind so much wealth, no one knew until then, but Bryan was not exactly surprised by Julian's words. An entire family being targeted by someone so cruel, certainly some should be involved with some awkward motive.

"How did they get to me?" That was another question that was massacring Bryan's brain. Since he had arrived, there were few interactions he had with other residents, and he had certainly never had any contact with the Kriston family. His work as a doctor was voluntary and held in places away from the center of the city. He had certainly never seen Julian before, and if he had, he would not have forgotten such a striking face.

Zhang Yuan did not even blink his eyes to answer that question. Lying was his greatest ability and cheating such a good-hearted person as Bryan was even simpler. He just feigned a blush on his cheeks and looked down at his hands on his lap.

"Although we do not know each other directly, Mr. Klaus, I've heard about you before. "Zhang Yuan said quietly. "Last month, I visited a village north of the city. I confess that it was not with the best of intentions, considering that my former masters were willing to take possession of those lands. During my visit, I learned from some residents that a newcomer was taking care of the sick voluntarily and that really surprised me. I never actually went to the infirmary to see you in person, but I tried to find out a little more about you. That night, when I knocked on your door, it was because it was my last resort. The hospital was a risky place and I needed to protect the young lady. I can say that my despair has brought me here ... ".

Obviously in the last month Julian did not receive any task that required investigating any village. Instead, he was meeting Alec and rolling in sheets with him; but from Zhang Yuan's point of view, no one else needed to know about it. With the exception of the other members of the Kriston family, no one else was aware of Julian's love affairs, and as dead people can not speak, he was not intimidated into telling that little story to Bryan. And indeed, Bryan had been in that village for the past month, but that information had been provided by the system.

From the posture to the tone of Zhang Yuan's voice, nothing could be considered a lie there. So Bryan had no doubt at all about the young man's words. Instead, he allowed himself to be flattered that he had suddenly caught her attention. He only coughed a few times before speaking again:

"I'm really sorry for everything that happened. "Bryan said sincerely. "If you want, you and the little girl can stay for as long as they need to.

 "Oh, it is not necessary! We'll leave as soon as we're ready. But really thank you! In fact, I've never really wanted to get in the way, Doctor. Unfortunately for the moment there is nothing that I can use as a way of thanking you for having helped us for all this time ... And for saving my life, but I promise that one day I will make it up to you. "Obviously Zhang Yuan had no other place available to go and refuse so promptly could be foolish ... but he knew how to read the personality of Bryan and understood that men like him liked that kind of silly and naive personality to the point of being pitiful . The more he seemed humble, the stronger Bryan Klaus's interest in keeping them around.

And he can not be more right ...

Clutching Julian's pale hand, Bryan put on a calm expression and tried to comfort the young man: "Do not be hasty. As far as I know, you and your lady are currently homeless and without anyone else to turn to. Not to mention that the person behind all this, is still looking for you. I know I can not promise much, but at least for a while ... Stay! I will do my best to help them ... "

Zhang Yuan calmly heard the other man's words and smiled inside, but on the outside looked surprised and moved.

"But this ... It could bring trouble on you too. I mean, we're just strangers ... not worth taking such a risk for someone like that ... "Zhang Yuan countered calmly; but Bryan just shook his head.

"Do not get me wrong. I say this precisely because I would feel terrible and leave them in their present condition. So ... just for a while, until your situation stabilizes. But before that, at least we can try. What do you think?".

Zhang Yuan blinked his two bright eyes for a while, as if he was still reflecting. And then he cautiously nodded his head.

Bryan grinned at Julian and said timidly, "Great! So ... At least for a while, we can be like a family. "

In the original plot this was the phrase that Bryan had said to little Lila when proving that the girl was alone and orphaned. Compassed by the situation, he did not bother to adopt her and raise her up to the age when she finally began to rise again as the Kriston's heiress.

But now that phrase had been spoken to none other than Julian himself. Zhang Yuan really wanted to laugh.

In his heart he did not fail to observe: "I'm sorry, my dear protagonist. I think I just stole one of your top supporters. Please do not get too angry if I need to use it any more than you do in the future ... 


Author: Hey, people. I have not figured out how to paste pictures (or if that's possible).
But I did the design of the first transmigration, Julian, and I want to look, I'll leave the link here below ^^
Julian Lau

24