Chapter 37
1.3k 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hearing this Valeria laughed, “HAHAHAHA. You guy got some spirit. Fine then I just need to kill you then”.

 

Saying that she had a menacing grin on her face and she told her subordinates, “Ok my servants take care of them”.

 

All of her subordinates bowed and said, ”Yes mam” and rushed towards us.

 

Emily said, “Everyone take care of the subordinates, I’ll take care of their boss”.

 

“But..”, I said but before I could finish, the servants were on to us, I took on both the male ones. Megumi took on  Vanessa and Honoka took on Lyra.

 

Emily said, “No buts. I have sword from my kingdom which can slay vampires. I have the advantage. I must take the leader on, you guys stop the subordinates. Besides, I haven’t contributed much in the previous battles”, she said the last sentence bitterly.

 

I guess she feels frustrated huh? Well, that’s to be expected. Well, she is the main heroine for this event, might as well depend on her.

 

“Fine, we will hold them, you take on the boss”, I said.

 

Megumi said, “Good luck”.

 

Honoka said, “Don’t disappoint us”.

 

Emily looked touched but she shook  off her dazed state quickly and said , “Yes, thanks for believing in me, I won’t disappoint you” and then rushed towards Valeria.

 

Valeria titled her head and smiled and said, “Done talking? As touching as it was to see you guys supporting each other, I am a busy woman you know?”.

 

Emily said menacingly, “Let’s see how long you can keep that smile on your face” and activated her sword.

 

Valeria laughed and said, “Haha. Feisty are we?”, then she looked at the sword and said, “Hoh. Is that a vampire slaying sword? Do you have any relation with the country of Roseblade by any chance?”.

 

“I am Emily Roseblade, princess and heir of the country of Roseblade. In the name of the Roseblade royal family I will slay you”, declared Emily with determination.

 

Hearing this Valeria’s face distorted into a disturbing smile and she bowed and said in a mocking voice, “How fortunate. I never thought I would have an honor of fighting a member of the Roseblade royal family. This is truly unexpected and wonderful, I get to kill a member of a member of the Roseblade royal family, how wonderful”.

 

“We’ll see who dies”, said Emily as she cast [Fire vortex] and rushed towards Valeria with her sword brandished and her whole body covered in a tornado of flames.

 

Valeria rushed towards Emily as well and created a [Dark sword] with the [Dark] magic attribute.

 

Both their swords clashed.

 

KKKKKKSSSSSSHHHH!

 

KKKKKKSSSSSSHHHH!

 

Both of them were moving at incredible speeds. It was quite a spectacle. But Valeria was a bit faster, but that’s to be expected as vampires of a rank are a bit stronger than other monsters of that rank. That even goes for the servants we are fighting.

 

Emily was getting pushed back a bit. As expected Valeria is quite troublesome.

 

 Valeria taunted, “What happened Emily Rosebalde? Are you giving up this easily? I thought you would me more of a fight”.

 

Emily gritted her teeth and fired a spell [Flash], it was a spell of the [Light] magic attribute.

 

A blinding flash of light erupted from Emily’s hand.

 

UGHHH!

 

Said Valeria as she covered her eyes from the flash. Emily used this opportunity to slash Valeria’s chest.

 

She seems to be using tactics now, she has improved.

 

ARGGGGH!

 

Said Valeria in pain. Black smoke was coming out from the place where the sword cut. It seems like her body parts were disappearing into smoke rather than bleeding.

 

But soon it stopped. Valeria smirked as the wound started to heal. Within a few seconds the wound was gone as if it never existed.

 

Emily and the rest of us looked at it in surprise.

 

Valeria said while clapping, “Well done, but for a vampire of my level it will take a lot more than that to take me down”.

 

Emily gritted her teeth. Valeria then smirked and said, “Here, I go” and dashed towards Emily.

 

The swords clashed.

 

KKKKKKSSSSSSHHHH!

 

KKKKKKSSSSSSHHHH!

 

UGHHH!

 

Emily groaned as she barely managed to block all the attacks coming towards her.

 

This is bad I must do something. As I was thinking, “Don’t forget us”, said Kyle.

 

“Yeah, you are breaking our heart”, said Flint.

 

The two vampires in front of me were relentlessly attacking me with swords. I was defending myself all this time watching Emily as I was worried about her.

 

But, I can’t afford to do that now. Emily is in trouble, she can’t fight Valeria alone, even I would require help fighting her. I have get rid of these two to help Emily.

 

So I allowed both of them to come in close.

 

CLANG!

 

I blocked both their attacks with my sword and then immediately cast [Lightning judgement] a S rank [Lightning] attribute spell.

 

Both of the vampires were caught off guard as I wasn’t using any spells before and this distraction was enough for both of them to get struck by the spell. A binding flash of light and then then….

 

KRRAAAAKKKKKOOOOOMMMMM!

 

Struck the lightning. Since it was a S rank and they were a rank, the got a lot of damage and were unable to move with smoke coming out of their bodies.

 

I approached them cautiously and again casted [Lighting judgement]. Again a flash of light and then…..

 

KRRAAAAKKKKKOOOOOMMMMM!

 

 

This time both of their bodies evaporated into nothingness. I panted and sighed in relief. I used a good amount of my magic for this spell but I had enough left.

 

I looked around to check how Megumi and Honoka were doing. Fortunately they were holding their own against their opponents. I guess this is because they were both A+ rank as oppose to A rank.

 

Satisfied I turned my attention to Emily and saw her on the verge of defeated. I immediately rushed towards her.

23