Chapter 38
1.2k 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I approached Emily and Valeria, Valeria’s sword was inches away from slicing Emily’s throat.

 

I coated my sword with [Wind tornado] spell, so that I could block her energy sword made from magic.

 

KKKKKKSSSSSSHHHH!

 

UGH!

 

Our swords clashed as I held on barely with all my strength, she is too strong. I grabbed Emily and put some distance between us and Valeria.

 

Valeria smirked and said, “Not bad, you are a bit better. But you know, that’s not enough to win against me”.

 

I gritted my teeth. She was right, I cannot win against her alone, even with Emily I am not sure if I can, the others are busy fighting with their enemies.

 

Out of all of us Sakura and maybe Ayaka can fight her one on one and win, Ayaka should be near S+ rank anyway.

 

But I got no choice. I have to make do with Emily. I looked at Emily and asked, “Are you ok?”.

 

Emily looked at me and then turned away and said, “Yes…I had to be saved by you again….As I thought, I am useless”, she had tears in her eyes.

 

I shook my head and said, “No, you are not useless. There is nothing you could have done. She is very strong. Even I cannot beat her one on one”.

 

Emily looked at me and said, ”But…But”, she had a sad look on her face. But now we don’t have time to chat.

 

I told her firmly, “No buts, it is what it is. Besides, we don’t have time to chat, we are in a middle of a battle”.

 

We then nodded at each other and then looked at Valeria.

 

Valeria appeared bored. She said impatiently, “You guys sure love to talk a lot. I have not seen people talk this much when fighting”.

 

I remained silent. She was correct, this is not how one who’s in a battle behaves. Had this not been an anime world where your enemies wait for you to talk it out, we would have been attacked while we were chatting.

 

“An-Anyway let’s go on with the battle”, I said.

 

“Ok”, said Valeria nonchalantly.

 

I looked at Emily and said, “Let’s charge in together”. Emily nodded.

 

I coated my sword with [Wind tornado], Emily coated her anti-vampire sword with [Fire vortex] and we both charged towards Valeria who had her [Dark sword] ready to defend.

 

The reason I didn’t use [Lightning judgement] is because it drains a lot of magic and it won’t do decisive damage to someone like Valeria, so it’s a bad move in a prolonged fight like this.

 

Valeria parried our attack but since it was both of us combined we didn’t get pushed back but we didn’t win either. It was a stalemate. We jumped back after the clash.

 

Valeria smirked and said, “Now this is what I am talking about. This is more of a challenge and fun”.

 

I ignored her and began o think of a plan of attack.

 

As luck would have it, Megumi and Honoka finished defeating their opponents and came to our side.

 

“We are here Takeru”, said Honoka.

 

“Yes, let’s defeat her together”, said Megumi.

 

I looked at both of them and sighed in relief, “Yes let’s do it”.

 

Valeria looked at us and said with a complaining voice, “No fair, 4 against one…..just kidding, I am going to destroy all 4 of you”, and changed her voice to menacing at the last sentence.

 

Megumi, Honoka and Emily each took a side of Valeria ready to attack, I took the remaining side.

 

We all attacked at once, Megumi used [Eruption] with her naginata, Honoka used [Earth spears] to create multiple spears of earth and attack together with her spear, Emily also used [Eruption] with her anti-vampire sword.

 

I also lunged forward with my {Lightning judgement] on my sword.

 

Valeria used [Dark barrier] to protect herself but it couldn’t handle the pressure and it broke.

 

AAAHHHHH!

 

Screamed Valeria but when the smoke cleared she wasn’t hurt severely, she had some bruises and burns on her body and she was huffing from exhaustion but she was still good to go.

 

Seeing this all of us backed off. Damn it , she’s too strong.

 

Valeria smirked and said, “Not bad. But why are backing away? Could it be that you know the reality of your situation?”.

 

Then I heard a voice, “That’s enough guys, I will take it from here”.

 

Overjoyed I looked in the direction of the voice.

 

It was Sakura, Ayaka was with her too. Honestly I have been stalling for time. I have been waiting for her to appear.

 

This enemy is too strong. Even in the anime, Sakura was the one to defeat her. But she couldn’t have doe it without Emily’s sword. As Valeria would definitely recover if even a part of her body was left.

 

As such Emily is extremely important for this mission.

 

“Oh, I am glad to see you Sakura”, I said happily.

 

But Emily said, “President, I-I..”.

 

Sakura smiled and said, “You want to defeat her correct?”.

 

Emily nodded. Sakura said, “NO problem, we need your help anyway. I’ll wear her down. When I give the signal use your sword with your strongest attack ok?”.

 

Emily nodded happily.

 

We all back away as Sakura faced Valeria.

 

“So you will face me alone little girl? You surely are brave. Or are you confident that you can win?”, asked Valeria.

 

“I am confident that I can win”, said Sakura simply, readying her Tessen (Japanese war fan) which was her weapon.

 

“Hoh, confident are we? Your arrogance will be your downfall”, said Valeria and rushed towards Sakura with her [Dark Sword], Sakura also rushed at Valeria but she cast no spell, what was she aiming for?

22