Chapter 39
1.1k 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As she approached Valeria, Sakura pulled her fist and punched Valeria in the stomach. She was much faster than Valeria.

 

GUUUFFFFUUUU!

 

Groaned Valeria as she was blown towards the wall behind her.

 

THUD!!!

 

She hit the wall and  a big hole formed in the wall. She slid down and coughed blood.

 

GAH!

 

She tried to get up but couldn’t move a muscle and lay sprawled on the ground.

 

Sakura smiled and said, “As I thought, you were injured badly in last attack weren’t you. You only pretended to be ok so as to throw off your opponent. You were slower than you should be and you shouldn’t have been this hurt by this basic attack”.

 

“What?”, I asked surprised. The others were also looking at Sakura curiously.

 

Sakura shrugged and said, “Oh, don’t be so surprised. Her power is like what?  S+ rank at most?  There’s no way she could take two S rank and two A+ rank attacks together and come out unscathed”.

 

I then looked at Valeria. She spoke with a bitter smile, “Y-You are correct……………….” and she couldn’t say anymore and gasped for breath, “hah”, “hah” and in pain.

 

Sakura then turned to Emily and said, “Emily now is your turn. Finish this with your weapon and strongest attack”.

 

Emily stiffened and nodded.

 

“Good luck Emily”, I said with a smile. “Good luck”, said Honoka. “Good luck”, said Megumi. Ayaka said, “You can do it”.

 

As Emily made her way towards Valeria with her sword in hand Valeria whimpered, ”P-Please…..don’t……kill….me”.

 

Emily approached her, lifted her sword above her head and said [Eruption] and brought the sword down on Valeria. The sword was covered in the fire magic.

 

BOOOMMM!

 

A loud explosion was heard. “NOOOO…”, said Valeria as she was turned to dust as her whole body crumbled due to the combined power of the anti-vampire sword and fire magic.

 

After the smoke cleared only Emily could be seen there holding her sword. She just stood there unable to believe her eyes.

 

Sakura said nonchalantly, “There we go. Another mission cleared successfully. Kudos to the Student Council”.

 

Everyone sighed in relief.

 

I then walked towards Emily and put a hand on her shoulder. Startled Emily looked at me.

 

I smiled and said, “See, I told you, you are not useless. You can do it”.

 

Hearing that Emily teared up but quickly composed herself and smiled and nodded.

 

Ayaka said, “Everyone here are healing potions, take and heal yourselves”.

 

We said, “Thank you” and each took turns taking the potion. As I gulped it down, I was healed instantaneously, it was a really high-grade potion.

 

Sakura then said, “Ok guys mission’s over, now let’s go back to school and prepare the report to hand over to the authorities. Tomorrow it’s normal school as usual”.

 

“Yes”, we all said together and followed her out of the building.

 

After that we took the same cars we came back to school.

 

After that we were mostly busy that day preparing our report. We finished just before midnight; it was a hectic day so Sakura seeing that it was too late allowed us to take the next day off.

 

We wished each other “Good night” and went back to our respective dormitories.

 

I took a bath before going to bed and fell asleep as soon as I hit the bed. Guess I was really tired.

 

The next morning, I woke up a bit later than usual. I checked my phone. It seems like I got a message from Emily.

 

It said, “Can you please meet me at the school cafeteria at 11:00 AM?”. I checked the clock it was already 10:00 AM.

 

Sigh, I wanted to train today. But I must meet her, after yesterday’s conversation it would rude not to go. Besides she has finally opened up to us, who know she might revert back to her old self if I don’t show up.

 

So I replied, “Ok, I will come”.

 

“Thank you and sorry for calling you all of a sudden”, came her immediate reply. I guess she was near the phone.

 

“No problem”, I said as I got myself ready. I won’t need to have breakfast as I will meet her in the cafeteria where I can have my food anyway.

 

I arrived at the cafeteria on time. As I approached it, I saw that Emily was already there, seating on a chair, she looked at me and waved.

 

I went towards where she was and took the seat opposite to hers.

 

I asked, “So why did you call me?”. Emily bit he lip hesitantly and then said, “Umm, I wanted to thank you for what you said yesterday”.

 

I shook my head and said, “No need to thank me. What I said was the truth”.

 

She smiled and said, “Even so, thank you anyway. Anyway I have a favour to ask”.

 

“What is it?”, I enquired.

 

She hesitated then said, “Umm, I have kept my distance from everyone because I felt inferior. But everyone ahs helped me and even rescued me from the kidnappers. I want to try and get along with everyone. Can you help me?”.

 

Oh, that’s what she wants. If it’s just this then it’s a small matter.

 

I smiled and said, “Of course. That’s easy, I will help you”.

 

Emily smiled and said, “Thank you”.

 

After that we chatted and then went our separate ways. It was decided that I would help starting tomorrow, when everyone.

 

I went back to my dormitory to do my training for the day. I checked my phone, there was still no message from the others.

 

Normally they disturb me all the time when we don’t meet for less than a day. Are they perhaps still asleep?

 

The next day I leant that, they were indeed asleep. What sleepyheads.

22