Chapter 41
1.2k 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Minori Takeru POV:

 

After that the Student Council became closer together. Emily also joined us during our lunch in the Student Council office.

 

She also talked to us more in class. All in all everything was going well. Except for, well Emily was interacting with me more which caused the other girls to be jealous and they glared at me, often butting into my conversation with Emily. Well, that’s a minor annoyance.

 

Things were going well like that. One day during our regular Student Council meeting after school.

 

“A artificial portal device heist?”, I held a paper and exclaimed. Yes, this was the final event for this year but I am not supposed to know this so I acted surprised.

 

“Yes, it seems that the terrorist group from Emily’s country, ‘Devil’s hand’ is behind this. This device called ‘Dimension Void’ is very dangerous as it can create portals to summons thousands of monsters from the other world anywhere. It will be catastrophic if they get their hands on it”, said Sakura.

 

“WHAT?”, exclaimed Emily and got up. Seeing everyone startled she sat down and said, “Ahem, if people from my country are involved then I must participate in this”.

 

Sakura nodded and said, ”Of course everyone of us are going to participate in this, we have been chosen to do his after all by the government”.

 

“Umm.. Sakura I wanted to ask, where is this device? And how come such a device is created?”, I asked.

 

Sakura replied, “It’s located in the Research Centre  in the eastern part of this city. As for why it was created, some scientists wanted to study the portal in hopes of being able to close it and instead of being able to do that they created this”.

 

All of us shook our heads in disbelief. Humans do create their own problems often.

 

Megumi asked, “But Sakura how did you guys know about the heist?”.

 

At this Sakura said, “Ah, one of the spies of the government reported this”. Everyone nodded at this.

 

“But can be really trust this report? This may be false information released by the enemy to track us”, I said, although I knew that wasn’t the case I still wanted to point this out.

 

Sakura said, “It’s 100% correct. That Spy is a highly capable person and one of the mother’s former subordinates. They keep in touch”.

 

I nodded and said, “I see”. Well, if that’s case the case, makes sense why they are so sure.

 

“Ok, now for the plan, we will divide our forces, we will not use the entire Student Council this time as it’s not needed and due to continuous missions, the council work is being hindered. So me, Ayaka, Takeru and Emily will only on this mission. The rest of you stay here”.

 

Megumi immediately protested saying, “No way, if  Takeru is going I am going too”.

 

Honoka added, “Yes, me too. I am not leaving him alone”.

 

Sakura glared at both of them and said, “You WILL stay back. There are a lot of work to do, we are not going to play, we have a serious mission in our hands. This is an order”.

 

Megumi and Honoka looked like they wanted to protest by then kept quiet albeit grudgingly.

 

Then Sakura said, “Now about the plan. I and Ayaka will be inside the building, guarding the valuable device. Takeru and Emily, you both stay outside and inform  us of the enemy’s arrival if you spot them, also prevent them escaping. Since it’s a high value target iit will be better if Ayaka and I stayed inside”.

 

I said, “Alright”. Emily said, “We will do that”.

 

With this we planned our protection detail.

 

It was to be done next day. So that day we all got back to our dorms.

 

I ate dinner and slept.

 

The next day I got up  at 7:00 Am , ate breakfast and went to the Student Council room at 8:00 AM.

 

Of course I was exempted from school for today.

 

I opened the Student Council room door to find Sakura and Ayaka present but Emily hasn’t yet come.

 

I said, “Good morning Sakura, Ayaka”.

 

“Good morning Takeru”, said Sakura with a smile.

 

“Good morning”, said Ayaka with her ever so serious face.

 

“Emily hasn’t come?”, I asked.

 

Sakura nodded and said, “Yes. But let’s wait 5 minutes 5 minutes. If she still doesn’t come, we can call her”.

 

I nodded and said, “Yes, alright”.

 

After 5 minutes, Emily came rushing in through the door, she was covered in sweat.

 

She panted and said, “Huff-Huff, I am sorry, I overslept”.

 

Sakura said, “Now-now calm down. Get a hold of yourself before we head out. YOU can’t go in like this. And next time don’t be late”.

 

Emily nodded and said, “Thank you and I am sorry, it won’t happen again”. Sakura nodded.

 

After taking a 5 minute break by sitting down, we headed to the school rooftop. The chopper was waiting for us as usual. Sometimes I wonder, how much fuel they wastes for random missions and stuff.

 

Anyway we got in the chopper. We were reviewing our plan on the way. After that we got bored and were busy in our phones.

 

We arrived after 1 hour. As we landed on the helipad on the roof of a rather large building we saw two scientists wearing lab coats, both old men with mustaches, accompanied by two armed guards.

 

One of the scientists greeted us, “Welcome Academy Student Council. My name is Haruto and this is Asahi, we are both scientists overseeing this project. Sorry it’s classified so only two of you can go inside. The other two have to stay outside”.

 

Well, we planned this, so it’s not an issue.

 

Sakura said, “Hello my name is Sakura, this is Takeru, Ayaka and Emily. I and Ayaka will go inside. The rest will guard from outside”.

 

Haruto nodded and said, “Follow me”. With this he and Asahi went followed by the two guards. When the door opened we saw two guards inside as well.

 

Sakura nodded at me and I nodded at Emily and we went to out respective positions. Emily was on the rooftop of the same building, while I jumped buildings and kept watch from the roof of the next building. Normally I wouldn’t be able to but with the ability of a Magic Knight trainee, this is a piece of cake.

 

We kept in contact with each other using the communication device the went in ears from the Academy.

 

So we waited and waited for several hours but nothing happened.

 

I was starting to think that this was a waste of time then suddenly I could hear footsteps running towards the building through rooftops, there were about a dozen of them.

 

They were far away so I couldn’t have a visual.

 

But I said in the communication device anyway, “Everyone be ready. The enemy is approaching”.

 

“Roger”, came the reply from everyone. And I along with everyone got in battle ready positions.

 

I hid myself behind a water tank in the roof to stealthily watch the enemy’s movements.

 

After some time the enemies finally became visible.

20