Chapter 42
1k 6 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From my hiding place I saw 10 people approaching. Of them one was a woman, she had black hair and eyes, she was wearing a suit. I wonder how can you run wearing a suit.

 

She seemed to be the leader as she looked around and gave some instructions to her followers. Then all her followers jumped to the rooftop of the building where the stuff we were protecting.

 

I could hear battle starting from the other building. It looks like Emily has engaged in battle. Well, I am not worried about her, all those guys are A rank and unlike the vampires an A rank human is exactly of the same strength as their rank states, so she should be able to take care of them.

 

What I am worried about is the woman still here. For some reason she decided to stand here on this rooftop. She is also a S rank individual, so she is pretty strong. For what I can remember her name is Aika and she is the strongest one in this group and it’s leader.

 

Aika then suddenly said, “I know you are here. Why don’t you come out instead of hiding like a coward behind the water tank”. Crap, she noticed I am here. So that’s why she stayed here.

 

I came out of hiding slowly. She looked at me and said, “You see quite strong. Why don’t you work for us? We promise to treat you well”.

 

“No thanks”, I immediately said.

 

“I see. It’s disappointing. Such a waste that I have to kill you”, she said and made a battle stance. I made a battle stance of my own as I drew out my sword.

 

I said, “We’ll see about that”.

 

She said, “My name is Morita Aika and yours?”.  “Minori Takeru”, I said.

 

“Oh, I see you are from the Minori family, no wonder my offer doesn’t appeal to you. You, already have what you need”, said Aika.

 

Well, that’s not the reason but oh well, let her think that.

 

She them rushed forward with a punch, she was not using any weapon but damn she was fast, I barely dodged her attack.

 

She didn’t relent and continued throwing punches and kicks, not giving me a moment to gather my footing. I was dodging all of them marginally.

 

Then out of the corner of my eye I saw 3 other people enter the building through the window while I and Emily was busy.

 

To talk to her, I created some space between us by using some lightning sparks in front of me, it wasn’t a spell but just some magic sparks, so I didn’t really need to concentrate.

 

She saw this and jumped backward to avoid, I jumped back too, creating a big space between us.

 

I said. “So, you sent three people inside while we were busy huh? Sneaky”.

 

She smirked and said, “So, you noticed? Too bad though, you and your friend are here watching, you can’t protect the device”.

 

I just smile. She raised her eyebrows and said, “Why are you smiling?”.

 

I said, “Did you really think there are just two of us? There are two more inside and they are stronger than us. You only sent 3 A rank ones. They can’t win. It’s your loss”.

 

“What?”, she said taken aback. She then tried to run away. I used [Wind Tornado] to prevent her from escaping.

 

“Too bad, you are not going anywhere”, I said.

 

“Get out of my way”, she said as she lunged in front of me but I was ready this time so I used [Lightning judgement] as soon as she reached me.

 

AAAAHHHH!

 

She screamed in pain. But she wasn’t that injured. Well, she is tough.

 

But I took the chance to send a volley of punches and kicks at her, with my body enhanced with magic.

 

After a few hits, she cast [Eruption] and I jumped back and had to defend with [Water wall].

 

She panted and said, “Huff-Huff you are good but it would take more than that to defeat me”.

 

I smirked and said, “True” and I cast [Water Vortex] and [Lightning judgement] together.

 

She tried stopping it with [Earth Wall] but the wall broke and she was covered by the spells.

 

Even if she screamed it wasn’t heard as the water nullified all sounds.

 

After the spell dissipated, I found her unconscious. I nodded and smiled in satisfaction.

 

Then I heard thuds and I saw Emily, Sakura and Ayaka appeared with a lot of unconscious people.

 

Sakura said, “Well done Takeru, you took out the strongest one. Emily did well too, taking out a large number of people”.

 

“Thank you. And Emily you did great”, I said with a smile.

 

Emily blushed and said, “T-Thank you”.

 

Sakura then said, “By the way  Takeru, you are not calling me Sakura-oneechan as I told you too these days”.

 

“But..it’s embarrassing”, I said.

 

“I don’t care. I won’t answer you unless you call me that”, said Sakura. “Me too, call me Ayaka-oneechan like we discussed”, said Ayaka.

 

“Fine. Sakura-oneechan, Ayaka-oneechan , work is done right? Can we go back?”, I said relenting.

 

Sakura clapped her hands and said, “Yes, that’s the spirit and I have already called for the police. After they come we will handover these guys to them and then return.

 

“OK”, I said nodding.

 

After sometime I could hear police car sirens. They came to the roof and we handed the criminals to them.

 

Then we got ready to depart. Before we left Haruto said, “Thank you for your help Student Council”. Asahi was with him too, seeing us off.

 

Sakura said, “You’re welcome” and we all boarded the helicopter and went back to school. We didn’t attend classes and said good bye to each other and headed for our dormitories.

 

Megumi and Honoka sent me messages asking how my day went but I ignored them as they will know tomorrow and it was none of their business.

23