Chapter 43
1.5k 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With that the last event of the first year was completed. There shouldn’t be any more events for the year according to the anime.

 

Although the plot has changed, I don’t think anything will happen now, because there are big things that happen next year and Uroboros would be busy with that.

 

Although it would a time to relax, we really couldn’t do it. Because end of year exams were around the corner. I had  to do well both in theory and practical.

 

And this world’s theory also has aspects based on combat principles, so I had to study new things from scratch, the previous life’s knowledge didn’t help fully.

 

But, I was confident that I can do well. But I still had to study. I was good enough in practical and I was practicing everyday, so I busied myself in studying theory.

 

Due to this my spending time with the girls were limited. We still met during lunch and after school for Student Council work but that was just regular meetings.

 

This was a case for them too, they were busy with studies themselves. Thing is, for staying a member of the Student Council, you have score within the TOP 5 of your year, both practically and theoretically and while practically we were ok, theory was something that required studying.

 

We were busy the entire year doing Student Council work for the school as well as doing missions of hunting monsters, not to mention the big events that happened during the year.  

 

We were so busy due to these that we hardly had time to study, so now we dedicated all of our spare time to study to maintain a good score.

 

Time went by like that and it was finally time for the end of year exams.

 

The first one was theory exams. Luckily, we had a paper even two days, so we had enough time to study between exams.

 

The exams were computer based, so we the exam room had computers for each students with space in between them, to separate the students, to prevent cheating.

 

We had four of these room and extra computers in each rooms, so the school never was out of computers for exams, even when some of the computers didn’t work.

 

We had to submit our mobiles and other belongings to the teachers before the exams.

 

The questions were multiple choice and we had rough sheets to calculate answers for problems that required them.

 

Overall, I think I did decently well in the theory exams.

 

After the theory exams were finished we then had practical exam. This exam was finished in a day as it was possible to check the physical ability of everyone in a day.

 

The exam was a simulated battle scenario, where the students fights robots instead of monsters.

 

It’s similar to the regular school training course but the robots were much more advanced and stronger and higher levelled.

 

The score is determined on how quickly you finish the simulation, how you battle etc.

 

Each year had a different day for the test.

 

Coincidentally on the first year’s day I was after Emily, Megumi and Honoka respectively, so I could talk to them while watching the people before us taking the test.

 

I said, “So, how did you guys do on the theory exam?”.

 

Megumi said, “Good enough”.

 

Honoka said, “Of course I did well”.

 

Emily said, “I did my best, what about you Takeru?”. And then everyone looked at me.

 

I smiled and said , “So so”. As we were chatting like this our turn came. First was Emily, we wished her good luck.

 

And the result was….

 

[And that’s the end of Emily Roseblade’s turn. She displayed excellent skills and her timing is 2.51 seconds, the quickest till now]

 

The teacher in charge of the test announced.

 

Everyone clapped and we congratulated her. After that it was Megumi and Honoka’s turn respectively.

 

Both of them managed to have similar scores.

 

[Now it’s Minori Takeru’s turn]

 

Megumi, Honoka and Emily said, “Good luck”, enthusiastically and I smiled and said, “Thank you”.

 

After that I went to the arena amid the cheering of all the students. The test ground had a barrier to prevent other students from getting hurt.

 

The barrier closed after I entered the ground.

 

[Start]

 

And the fight started. As soon as the signal was given , group of robots dashed at me, firing projectiles, these won’t kill you, but they hurt like hell.

 

Behind them were heavy artillery that also fired bigger projectiles, which hurt even more and there were even drones.

 

Without wasting time and to end this fight as soon as possible to earn the most points, I used [Lightning judgement] with full power.

 

A huge blinding light covered the entire ground and after the light went out, the entire group of robots were fried.

 

[And that’s it. Minori Takeru finished the trail in 1 second and with a very flashy move, that’s the best score yet]

 

When I went back Emily, Honoka and Megumi surrouned me.

 

“That was great”, said Emily.

 

“As expected of my love", said Honoka.

 

“Great job”, said Megumi.

 

And my score was the best in our year with Emily, Megumi and Honoka tying for second place. They have trained hard.

 

After a few days the results came. For the second years Sakura and Ayaka became first and second respectively. Both of they tied at first in theory but Sakura did better in practical.

 

As for ours I was the first in practical as expected but second in theory. Emily became first in theory unexpectedly, I didn’t know she was this studious. Honoka and Megumi were tied at third place in theory.

 

Overall I was the top of our year, while Emily was second and Megumi and Honoka tied at third.

 

Now, it was time for the winter break. After which the new year will start.

24