Outcast
417 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At Planet Vitis in Lunenmore Woods, an unusual kid was conceived in a tribe of elves. Compared to other elves, he was completely different. Where their skin ranged from pale to brown, deep blue, and black, he was maroon red with weird markings on his entire body. Where elves were born healthy and strong, he was born sick and feeble. He was on the brink of death at birth. Nobody in the tribe thought he would last longer than a week after he was born. His heartbeat was weak. His pulse faints. His childhood was him constantly sick and in pain, causing the tribe's caretakers to scorn him. The tribe's caretakers were creeped out at his gray eyes that seemed to have spirits floating in them. They were going to throw him out of the tribe, thinking he was blind before he showed them he could see perfectly. The village considered him cursed. An elf scorched by the sun. Destined to be a failure. The marks on his body didn't help. He could do nothing right no matter how hard he'd worked.

Even with his differences and his weakness, one thing the tribe couldn't deny was his handsomeness, despite his lack of height. He had long, healthy, and bright silver hair. Heart-shaped head, full silver eyebrows, and full lips. High masculine cheekbones with slightly slanted eyes. Even with all of his flaws, the men of the village were jealous of one thing. Despite being under five feet tall, Vulen's penis was abnormally large and he was a late bloomer. He hadn't gone through elven puberty yet. He received gazes full of envy every time they bathed in the lake nearby.

It wasn't far-fetched to say Vulen was one of the top beauties of the low elf, Grave Violet tribe. Low elves were elves who took after their barbaric ancestor. High elves were those who took after their royal ancestor.

Grave Violet elves resided in the most dangerous part of the  Lunenmore Woods. In turn, they evolved further from the elf's pacifist nature and became savage warriors whose societal structure was based on strength. Their culture was a balance of group and individualistic morals. The caretakers, those who acted as mothers of the elves, raised the elves as a group. The majority weren't raised by their maternal parents as their culture thought it bred favoritism. The men slept with tons of women. There was no way for the majority of them to find their true parents. Vulen himself was an orphan. Still, the tribe instilled the basics of survival in them while making them fend for themselves as they got older.

Vulen wanted to be loved by his tribe, more than anyone else. He wanted to be a proud warrior and hunter for his tribe. But his entire life, he was bullied, ridiculed, and treated as lesser than others due to being different and weak. Still, he yearned for their comradery and love. Not having a parent or anyone kind enough to raise him made him want others to love him regardless of the abuse and insults he faced. However, there was one person who treated him kindly. It was an older fairy named Tanyl. Tanyl was a child-like fairy who was thousands of years old and lived among the Grave Violet elves. He had chestnut brown hair, freckles, and chubby cheeks. Vulen couldn't keep up with other elves due to being weak. He practiced the tribe's martial arts, day and night. He practiced hunting as much as he could with no results. He slowly became the laughing stock of the tribe and was going to get kicked out, until Tanyl protected him, begging the elven chief Riggard to keep the boy so that he could train him.

Vulen was excited that he would be trained by someone so powerful. Tanyl was strong enough to fight the whole village to a standstill without breaking a sweat. Tanyl secretly watched the boy and protected him from others as much as possible without people noticing. No one understood why the fairy shadowed him so much since he was born but he simply ignored the rumors and eyes of those around him.

One day, one of the hunter elves took the younger elves out for training in the forest when they came across their target, a water buffalo. Tanyl followed them silently without them knowing. He used to save elves when they were in life or death situations, but the chief forbade it saying that the weak deserved to die. As the group of elves approached a lake where their target resided, a hissing noise came from the forest around them. A giant black snake slithered in front of the group, staring at the elves as if they were prey

The hunter elf was frozen in fear. He wasn't strong enough to take on the snake on his own. Instead, he ran for his life, back to the elven. stronghold, leaving the young elves to fight the monster themselves. Tanyl couldn't let the young group die, especially since Vulen was there, but something unexpected happened. The weakest of them all was the most courageous. Vulen jumped in front of the group, spear in hand.

" Runaway! I'll buy you time!"

He was abandoned by his tribe. They left as he fought the giant black snake, narrowly dodging its tail and poisoning shot from its fangs. Still, it was a losing battle. The adrenaline had worn off. He was back to his weak self and was finally caught by the snake's poison. His senses slowly faded. His body felt heavy. He could barely stand, but he stood tall. He was happy to die for his tribe. As the snake moved in to finish its prey, it was suddenly burnt to a crisp.

The last thing Vulen saw before falling unconscious was a black flame incinerating the snake easily. Tanyl went to heal the boy when he witnessed a miracle. Something miraculous. Velun's body gave off a golden light. The temperature around him rose to scorching levels. Tanyl could feel it. The boy was absorbing power from the sun to heal himself. His broken bones and eroded skin began to heal on their own. Night time came and the boy's body stopped healing. Instead, Tanyl could feel the mana in the boy's body, slowly getting stronger.

It took two weeks before Vulen had awoken. He slowly touched his body, wondering where his injuries had gone. When he returned to the Grave Violets stronghold, the village couldn't believe he'd survived, let alone come out unscathed. The chief immediately summoned Tanyl, asking why he saved the cursed boy. Tanyl told the man he had nothing to do with it. Ever since then, the chief has made the Vulen train harder than any elf in the village. He increased his workload and responsibilities, punishing him for what he perceived as favoritism.

Tanyl was eventually banned from the village, but not before teaching Vulen a meditation method. He didn't explain what it was or what it did, but told him,

" Practice this under the moonlight every day. It'll make you stronger and help you focus. "

Today was the day he'd finally turned eighteen. Though he was a late bloomer, he had to participate in the tribe's tradition of fighting for a mate and recognition.

He walked out of the beat-up home that he shared with the weakest males of the tribe. Eyes were on him and a few others as they headed toward the ground below them where the rest of the elves were located. The chief had finally left his home and made his way to the center of the stronghold. It was now time for the ceremony.

" Today is the day our young men fight for their honor. Fight for the right to mate. If you lose the fight, you will be marked with paint, symbolizing that you aren't allowed to partake in mating until it's removed. If you win, you have the right to mate and be chosen by a woman to warm your bed tonight. If you don't have your own home, you'll also receive one with a victory. Vulen, you'll be fighting Elluin."

As he made his way to the middle of the crowd, he could hear the painful whispers of his peers.

" Look at this short red freak."

" I heard he couldn't beat the weakest woman in a fight."

" I wouldn't want my kids to inherit his shortness."

" Too bad he was the one blessed with that big thing. No woman here would touch him."

The whispers almost made him cry, but he gritted his teeth and held back his tears.

' Today is the day I prove them wrong.'

12