Leaving
263 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vulen awoke the next day from the commotion coming from the center of the village. Humans were coming to do business with the elves. Vulen did his mourning routine in a remote place inside the village, away from the eyes of others.

After some time passed, he felt the ground vibrate and heard the sound of hooves getting closer. Humans had finally arrived at the Grave Violet stronghold. The leader of the group of humans met Riggard in the middle of the village and the pair walked toward the bridge that connected to the chief's extravagant home.

" You know, every time I visit these woods, I can't help but admire the architecture."

" I appreciate the compliments James," Riggard said.

Despite being the barbaric line of elves, the Grave Violet elves were a sophisticated demographic. Their homes were made out of ashwood, which was as strong as metal, but more abundant. Ashwood couldn't be burnt, dampened, or broken under most circumstances. Elves of the Lunenmore Woods had a complete monopoly over it. More like the Grave Violet elves had the monopoly due to being the strongest tribe in the woods. The tribe's buildings were built directly in the giant ashwood trees. The buildings had stories, windows, and doors like more sophisticated cultures. The buildings and homes were connected through an assortment of ladders, bridges, and steps. Still, the weakest of the tribes lived in homes made out of dead ashwood or regular trees.

The blonde-haired, blue-eyed man James sat opposite Riggard in the negotiations room in the chief's home.

" So tell me what you're here for James. We've already given you guys a supply of ashwood. Maybe you're here for more elven women. Riggard tapped the desk with his index finger. "Or one elven woman in particular."

James raised his hands in defeat. " You got me. I came here for Abina. Her strength and attitude make me want to conquer her. You should've seen how turned on I got when she rejected me so harshly in front of everyone."

Riggard sighed. " Look James, I sell you girls who have no value to us and want to go. I'm not fine with forcing women to do things against their will."

James' lips curled. " What about your wife? We all know she didn't want to be with you, but somehow,  you guys ended up married you sly fox.

" Sly elf to you." Riggard snarkled back." And yes, the marriage was a bit forceful but it was necessary to unite the Grave Violet tribe and the Abyssal elve tribe. These woods are filled with too many predators for two of the stronger tribes to fight against each other. Abina is more important than you think. Even with me being the chief, I have very little control over what she does."

James took a sip of wine and looked Riggard in the eye.

" You make it sound like there's someone stronger than you in your tribe Riggard."

Riggard leaned in and lowered his voice.

" You'd be surprised, James. If you want to try to court her. So be it, but  don't say I didn't warn you of the consequences."

Riggard picked up his cup and began to sip his wine.'

A sly grin crossed James' face. " So what about your daughter Athena?"

Blood dripped from Riggard's hands as the glass shattered in his palms.

Riggard's gaze turned cold. He released killing intent at James who shrugged it off.

" Remember where you're at, James. You may be strong. but this forest houses millions of elves on our side. One call and you disappear."

James looked at him with indifference. The atmosphere turned serious. " Calm down. I was only kidding. Looks like I overstayed my welcome. "

James threw a sack full of gold coins on the table.

" I'll be buying a few girls. Keep the change."

James made his way back into the middle of the forest where there was a line of elven girls ready to be bought. James' party met him in the middle and a busty blonde-haired green-eyed woman called for James' attention.

" Anya, what do you want?"

"Looks like someone is in a grumpy mood." She rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at James.

" I was just going to tell you that I can sense a new mana user in this tribe, but whoever it is opened very few of their mana nodes. To most people, it would feel like regular mana that every living being has naturally, but I can tell the person's mana is being held back. I'm sure that person's body is out of sync and it's probably fucking up the balance in its body."

James rubbed his stubbled beard. " Find them."

Anya released her mana over the entire village until she found the presence she was looking for.

" It's a kid training in a remote area of the village."

James, Anya, and the rest of their party made their way toward the secluded part of the village. The surrounding elves watched in confusion as the group walked closer to Vulen.

" Hey, kid," James said, interrupting Vulen's martial arts training. 

Vulen couldn't even look them in the eyes. Ever since the seal on his emotions was broken, he could feel the shame, depression, and low self-esteem he couldn't feel before. It also made his thirst for his tribe's love and admiration even stronger.

" I'm not a kid. I'm eighteen." Vulen said in a low voice.

James side-eyed Anya. " Are you sure this is the boy?"

" One-thousand percent."

James studied Vulen's body.' I've never seen a red elf or those elven markings. I can also read the mana in his body now that I'm up closer."

" What's your name boy."

" Vulen."

" What do you know about mana?"

" I'm not a high enough rank in the tribe to learn about mana."

James and Anya looked at each other before looking at Vulen. They knew he was telling the truth, but he did know something.

" Did anyone teach you any meditation techniques?"

" Yes. There was a fairy who taught me how to meditate before he was banished from the tribe. He told me that if I meditated under the moon. I would become strong."

' His body can absorb mana directly from the moon.' Anya thought.

" We are taking this boy," Anya said.

" I could've sworn I was the captain of this team."

Anya waved him off and began to walk toward the way they came.

" If you ever want to hit this again, I suggest you make the deal quickly. There are a lot of elf boys here that can take your place."

James sighed. " Come with me Vulen."

The duo made their way to Riggard's home. Vulen could feel the hundreds of gazes watching him.

" Riggard, I'm taking this boy with me. I won't take any women this time."

Riggard chuckled. " I never took you as a boy lover James."

" Is it a deal or what?"

" Why do you want Vulen? He's the weakest of everyone. He's also the most hard-working, but that means nothing with no results. The only thing he's got going for him is his abnormal healing ability. He could also be used as a play toy but women here won't touch him. So I ask again. Why do you want with Vulen?"

James looked at the man indifferently. " Anya saw potential in him and she wanted him. That's all. From what I can tell just from just looking at him, you guys do nothing but mistreat him. Think of it as me taking a burden off your hands."

" Vulen, do you want to go with James?"

Vulen stood in silence. He wanted his tribe's approval, love, and affection. He wanted the women to adore him, but he knew that the dream was far-fetched unless he became a lot stronger. Maybe this was his chance at obtaining that power."

Vulen's eyes never left the ground. " I-I'll leave. I'll leave and return strong enough for the tribe to respect me!"

James' jaw dropped and Riggard could do nothing more but smile. He always admired his courage and determination.

" You can leave Vulen. Pack your things and say goodbye to your caretaker."

Vulen Bowed.

" Thank you chief Riggard."

James and Vulen left. Riggard poured another cup of wine and stared at the closed door.

' I hope what the seer said about him is true.'

4