III. Underwater pg. 31
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What are you talking about?” Kirk’s mumble was almost drowned out by the wash starting. She moved down the hall, ears perked.

“The video Abigail took of you- did you steal it off of Occult Ontario’s server?”

“I didn’t steal it! They never revoked my access. I’m dead, remember?”

“Do you realize the target you just put on your back?” Cat yelled.

“It only has 60k views, that’s nothing! That guy you mentioned couldn’t have-”

Phoebe snuck a glance just in time to watch Cat tear Kirk away from his laptop.

Image: Kirk is sitting at the desk, but Cat grabs him by his shirt and pulls him forward, looking down at him and yelling with a furious expression. Kirk has his hands up and shoulders raised in surprise. End description.

“He could have! You tagged it and everything. Do you want to know what happened to the fledgling we made contact with before Phoebe? Does the name Vinter ring any bells for either of you?” He shot a cold glance towards the doorway, startling her out of hiding.

The name was very familiar. Johan Vinter had been all over the news last year. Phoebe still saw headlines periodically, trying to milk the mystery as much as possible. Vinter had risen to prominence by breaking out--far too suddenly--into the tech industry. A man previously unheard of, suddenly backing projects and founding companies worth billions.

Image: A framed photograph on Johan Vinter viewed from the chest up. He has a polar bear aspect and is wearing a yellow suit jacket with a white shirt underneath. He’s smiling with his eyes closed. The background of the photo is dark blue. End description.

The media was benevolent at first, but quickly turned on him when the subject of how he’d obtained his wealth came into question. He’d claimed it was an inheritance. That was easily disproved. Lucky investments- not fooling anyone. Vinter was on the verge of being arrested when he announced to the world that all his money had been given to him by the Firebird.

0