13 – Lair of the Succubus
4.5k 12 127
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

- Bridget -

Leslie’s room was on the third floor of he guest house, and was larger and fancier than my room. The bed and other furniture looked more expensive.

“The bathroom is through here,” said Leslie, pointing me to one of the doors.

The tub was a large metal basin. Priscilla drew the water for me. Hot water poured from a chute in the wall into the tub. “I presume you don’t want assistance,” Priscilla said before she bowed and left the room.

I settled into my bath. There was no shampoo and conditioner to my dismay, but there was soap at least. Thank goodness.

As I washed my body I made another discovery. My pubic hair had turned white, just like my eyelashes. The hair was so light now that it was barely visible. That was strange. Why was my hair changing color? And why there of all places? Oh well, at least it was somewhere nobody would notice.

After I washed myself to satisfaction I got out of the tub and dressed myself. Once again I couldn’t quite manage the strings on my own. Oh well, I’d have to ask Priscilla for help again.

As I reached the door I heard some sound on the other side. Leslie and Prissy must be talking. I turned the knob and pushed the door open.

I felt blood rush to my face as I saw what was happening on the other side. Leslie was pinning Priscilla to the bed with her tiny body, her tail floating around in the air. Priscilla’s cloths were all disheveled, and Leslie had her lips planted firmly on her collar. Priscilla writhed and moaned softly under the girl. Was she drinking her blood? It looked similar to how Stacy would feed on me, but I couldn’t see any blood.

Leslie lifted her head and looked at me, revealing the red kiss marks marring Priscilla’s otherwise pristine skin.

“Ah, Bridget,” she said, “Do you want to join us?” Her pink eyes were glowing slightly in the dim light.

I held my hands up in front of me, sidestepping to the door. “No, I’m good. Thanks for the bath.” I ran out the door and hurried back to the second floor. I flung my door open and slammed it behind me.

Stacy was sitting on my bed, looking at me with a surprised look on her face. My heart was still beating fast.

We stared at each other for a minute, when she finally broke the silence with a smile. “Hey, have a nice bath?”

“Oh, uh…” I nodded. “Yeah. It was good.”

“Why don’t you come over here and have a seat?” I realized I was still standing frozen by the door. After taking a second to thaw my muscles, I made my way over to the bed and sat down.

“So where’s Priscilla? I thought she’d be with you.”

My face flushed again and I had to look away. “Priscilla is… Umm… A little occupied?”

She just gave me a confused look.

“Well, at the bath house we met this girl… Leslie…”

Stacy smiled and let out a giggle. “I see. So those two are having fun right now?”

I nodded.

“Using my maid without my permission again… She owes me some blood.” Stacy had a sadistic smile on her face. But soon her expression became serious. “Hey Bridget. We need to talk.”

“About what?”

“How’s life at the castle? Are you enjoying yourself?”

I nodded. “It’s fine. The food is good.”

“Well, if there’s anything I can do to make the transition easier, just let me know okay?”

“Oh, I… I don’t plan on staying.”

Stacy stared at me. “Why not? Is there something wrong?”

“N-no, of course not. It’s a lovely place. Just…”

“You want to visit the temples.”

I nodded.

We sat in silence for a moment. She looked at the ceiling, taking a deep breath. “Why are you so intent on dying?”

Oh, the big question. I smiled, looking at the floor. “It’s because I’m useless.”

Stacy frowned at me. “I don’t think that’s true.”

“It is, though,” I said. “All my life. I was nothing but a burden. I had to drop out of college, and I couldn’t even get a job. My family thought I was lazy, and it was true.” Tears began rolling down my cheeks. “They’re better off without me. I was just a money sink.”

Stacy hugged me. “I don’t know what your life was like before you came here. But even if everything you said is true, what does it matter? You’re in a new world. Can’t you move on from that?”

I cried in her arms, shaking my head. “I’ll still cause you trouble. I don’t know why you put up with me, I don’t deserve you.”

Stacy tightened her hold on me. “You’re useful to me though. Remember our deal?”

“So I’m only useful as food then. Besides, you already have Priscilla, and plenty of other ways to get blood.”

“What can I do to make you feel needed?”

“You can’t, because you don’t need me. Nobody does.” I was sobbing at this point. “I’m just a burden on everyone.”

Stacy held on to me tight, and I cried myself to sleep in her arms.

When I woke up she was still there with me. We were both tucked in, under the covers together.

Stacy spent the night here to comfort her useless friend. Stacy really was too good for me. I was just causing her trouble. She shouldn’t have saved me. I shouldn’t have followed her. What was I thinking? I was too afraid of pain, of being eaten again. So selfish. Why did the gods have to save me? Why couldn’t I have died on that bridge?

I closed my eyes again, drifting back to sleep. Darkness enveloped me. If only this peaceful darkness could last forever. But I was cursed.

When I woke again Stacy was gone. Instead there was someone shaking my shoulder. I groggily opened my eyes. It was Priscilla. She held some sort of dress in her other hand. She was saying something.

“Wake up Bridget, it’s time to start your job as a maid of Haimorrha.”

What?

127