Chapter 1: Great Windigo Forest [Part 1]
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

[January 1st,  Year 700, Jure Calendar]

Obaron already knew the general landscape of the area, the Goblin Nest was situated near the outskirts of the Great Windigo Forest but the way to the Demon King was directly to the opposite side. He was a little bit frightened that he was going to cross through as Goblins by themselves have little-to-no combat power. As he walked around the outside of the Goblin Nest he decided to check the Encyclopaedia for information on the Forest's fauna.

'The Great Windigo Forest's Core resides it's guardian beast a Greater Windigo. The Greater Windigo is revered by the forest's lesser windigos as a god, due to this it has traces of faith energy....'. Just as he was about to continue reading about the Greater Windigo his Encyclopaedia was closed by a large gust of wind. He looked around and saw legs that were darker than ebony, he looked up to see it was a Lesser Windigo. It's cracked Skull as a sign of it's inferiority.

"I-i d-don't m-mean a-any h-harm..." Obaron said with fear in his voice.

Even with his optimistic attitude he still was frightened, he looked up into the Windigo's dormant eye sockets.

"I don't mean any harm little one, it looks like you have a nice book there." said the Lesser Windigo with a hint of envy in her voice.

Obaron let a sigh of relief, and then started explaining his situation.

"I was sent by my Nest's chief to relay a message to the Demon King himself." Obaron said with a sincere smile.

The Lesser Windigo looked confused at Obaron's expression but she saw an opportunity with his naiveness.

"Oh no problem, how about I help you on your journey? Since we are going past a Human Kingdom as well." said the Lesser Windigo.

Obaron looked at the Lesser Windigo lick it's lips after saying the word Human, despite that he was happy that he made a companion.

"Thank you, my name is Obaron from Aulin Nest. What is your name?" said Obaron with the same old sincere smile.

The Lesser Windigo smiled back "My name is Bronagh, I am from the core of the Forest. I was sent here to survery the area actually."

Obaron gestured for Bronagh to follow him as he set off to the core, later on Bronagh would be the one guiding. Eventually several hours passed and it was now midnights as the clouds have already dusked.

"Goodnight Bronagh." Obaron said before falling asleep.

Whilst Obaron was trying to sleep he saw Bronagh leave the vicinity and had begun to talk to someone. Although she wasn't in his vicinity he could still sort of hear the muffled conversation.

"Did.....Hear....Stupid....." Obaron muffedly heard from Bronagh's conversation.

He finally fell into a deep sleep.

[January 2nd, Year 700, Jure Calendar]

Obaron woke up as the day dawned, he got up and looked around to find Bronagh to his right.

"Did you sleep well?" Obaron said whilst smiling.

"Oh, that's nice to hear Obaron. I think it's time we continue off from here." said Bronagh

Obaron nodded in agreement, they were currently half-way there and were beggining to see higher-ranked demons. Although most of the demons who attempted to target him left after seeing Bronagh. Somehow Obaron felt like something was up, but he decided to ignore it because he didn't want to falsely accuse his first friend outside of the Nest. 

Obaron decided to continue reading the page about the Great Windigo Forest's demons but as he was about to get on the page about Windigos Bronagh closed the Encyclopaedia. She smiled at him and then said.

"Oh you don't need to read it, I can tell you anything you want to know about Windigos myself." Bronagh said with a hint of nervousness.

"I was just interested, you don't have to answer any of my questions!" Obaron said with a smile.

Obaron didn't want to leave a bad impression on Bronagh, if he Bronagh left him then he would've been food for an Orc by now. As they continued throughout the forest, it was nearing midnight again but Obaron insisted that they continued walking to the Core of the forest. Bronagh smiled at Obaron but when he wasn't looking held a face of disgust.

'This ugly green ogre really thinks that he knows everything, oh if only this bastard read the rest of the page about Windigos...' Bronagh thought.

 

0