Chapter 3: A look into another world
659 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: A look into another world

I was with my boyfriend, Jacob, and we were discussing holiday plans. He suggested “Hey Val, we should go try out the new FBAR (Full body augmented reality) that came out recently. We both need a vacation from work, we should treat ourselves!”. Now that I thought about it, I’ve always wanted to try one of these now that more of them have been coming out, and the one I’ve been hearing about the most was called “Adventures of Vilkaraa”, and every review or mention of has been nothing but stunningly positive, critics called it a “breakthrough in FBAR technology”. So I decided to respond “Y’know what? That actually sounds really nice! I could take Monday and Tuesday off work and we can extend our weekend for a vacation so we can try that AOV game everybody has been talking about..”

Jacob brightened up with excitement and showed me that adorable wide eyed smile that made me fall in love with him so many years ago and with the excitement of a child at the fair he exclaimed “We should be high elves! Or cilraxxi! Or beastkin! We gotta do something cool!”. I responded “My friends at work tried it a few weeks ago and they decided on half-orcs, maybe we should follow suit?” Jacob replied “Oh my god I’m geeking out right now, give me a second I gotta make an appointment, I'm so excited! ” 

I loved how excitable Jacob was. Though to be fair, I was pretty stoked about our planned vacation as well. My mind ran wild with all the possible combinations of characters we could go with. But after I thought about it, did we even want to adventure together? I’ve heard couples come out of the experience sick of each other, maybe it was best we took our adventures separately? The way the game works is that all previous memories are erased and you truly live the life of your character, not as much as yourself. I know some of my friends at work who tried it a week ago or so went their separate ways, and they didn’t grow any more distant afterwards, it was more like they both went to the movies and simply came back with something to talk about. 

My mind also wondered as to what gender I wanted to be. Sure, I could decide to stick to what I’m familiar with, but what is an adventure without trying something new? The idea of coming back home knowing what it was like to be a man was exciting! What I didn’t expect to also sound so incredibly exciting was the idea of Jacob coming home knowing what it was like to be a woman. With the way our relationship worked, I was already pretty dominant in bed, but imagine how submissive he could be with a lifetime of femininity under his belt. Knowing all the nooks and crannies of a woman, if he didn’t drive me up the wall already he would certainly make me after. My sexual fantasy would have to wait though, we had a vacation to plan.

19