I.5 – Tower of Trials
250 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week after Finn's test, the result came out and he was placed first. Rizzete decided to treat him to a meal she made. He natrually loved it and declared that it was better than any fancy restaurant. Rizzete just chuckled.

'I wonder how the deliquent-looking group are doing.'

After teaching the leader proper grammar, they split up and went somewhere, saying they would find some real jobs.

'Ah well.'

She decided to stop thinking about them for now and instead focus on researching the things she found in the tomb. There was a key type artifact that the system dubbed as the key to the Tower of Trials and a map type artifact that showed the capital and a giant hologram equivalent of a red X showing the position of what she assumed to be the Tower.

"I'm going out for a bit, do you want to go?"

"Nah, I think I'll study the textbooks first."

"Mn."

She put Stealth on full again then started following the instructions on the map artifact. A little moving around and prodding dimensional rifts later she arrived on a platform in a flat green plain that stretched out to infinity with a giant marble monolith that shot into the sky, disappearing in the clouds. She decided to look around first and walked in one direction while spreading the range of her Detection. She keep walking around, filling in the black space of her mental map.

'This is essentially minimap without the skill.'

She kept going, until she detected the tower in the distance again.

'Seems like this place is bigger than the surface of Earth.'

She walked around some more and discovered that after a certain distance from the tower, namely double her Detection range, space started behaving strangely and it was as if she entered a non-euclidean space, although walk long enough and she will always be walking toward the tower again.

'No need to worry of getting lost I guess.'

Rizzete walk back to the tower. She took out the key and slid it into the slot at the bottom of the tower, then with a pleasant glow and a portal opening under her feet, she entered the first level of the tower.

[Entering Tower of Trials 1F]

[Trial of Observation]

As if someone robbed her of her senses, she suddenly felt like she was floating in a void of emptiness that spread on forever.

[Put 50 keys in the lock of it's respective color. If you make a mistake, the keys and the locks will be switched around.]

Looking at the system prompt, she tried to spread her Detection range just to be met with an error.

[Range of Detection type skills will be limited to a distance correspond to the rank of the highest ranked skill in metres around the individual]

'Alright.'

She start walking around the place to map it out. The room itself she can remember, but the position of the keys and locks she couldn't. What's more, Detection couldn't differentiate colors so she had to think of something else.

'Let's try looking at the properties of them.'

Appearance wise, the keys and the locks looked exactly the same as the other of its type. Their mana signature also felt the same.

'Hmm... what if I condense the perception of my Detection?'

She tried to make it so the range of her Detection reduce and amplify where it coincide with itself. After several hours of trying, she finally succeed to Detect faint colors 1 metre around her. But when she tried to put a key in the lock, it failed.

'Hmm... so I need to differentiate colors sharply.'

She condensed her Detection range even more until it only cover a small layer above her skin. She tried again, but it still failed.

'Even sharper.'

She picked up a key and started to do something she never tried before: shifting the center of her Detection. She put it inside of the key and started covering only the key in her range, when suddenly, she got a new skill.

Appraisal  Mythical 1/5,000  1/100 (+1/appraisal) Display all informations of object with lower Total Level Block Appraisal than the user's Appraisal Active   1,000MAN+100SAN/m³
[You have acquired the Mythical skill 'Appraisal' on your own. The 'Observer' title will be awarded.]
'Well that's a new one.'
8