chapter 1: Dinner for two
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

France, Paris,

A room filled with dinner tables, seated at these tables man and women wearing their bests. Dimly lit by suspended lamps covered by white rectangle shapes. Windows letting in more of the absence of light as the sun is replaced by a beautiful blue-ringed moon.

Among the seated is a woman at her own table with an empty chair before her.

She's the only one sitting alone, wearing a black dress accentuating her bosom and other shapes. Her blond hair falls gracefully to one side and her blue with golden hazel eyes calmly gaze along the faces surrounding her. Saying to herself, with more disappointment than she should allow "he's late"... So she waited in all her beauty.

The young waiter brought her a vintage to taste and as she agreed on the bottle, black mist gathered on the path some tables away. Shaping a man which seemed to catch no gaze as everyone continued eating, drinking, and talking. A somewhat scruffy yet handsome man walked towards the golden-hazel-eyed woman and moved the chair to take his seat. Looking her over with something in his eyes he would rather hide from her. The woman smiled at him looking away to the side of the table, saying with her delicate voice "So you decided to come."

"So I have" His voice resonated somewhat inside her like a destined call. As a silence brewed between them, he continued "I don't try to make my late arrivals a custom, however, there is always something to finish." The woman scoffed, lifting her head and looking in his eyes, "You just like to make me wait." A tiny smirk began on his face, "Maybe that too." The waiter poured both their glasses with the dark violet liquid and disappeared through the kitchen doors. the man tasted nodding agreeably on it, “Fine choice Medala, you are learning your wines.”

The table between them with the softest of white covers lit by the moon seemed to glow, their wines radiating like gems, yet nothing compared to Medala in front of him. He moved in closer, looking deep into her eyes. His own seemed to have something like stars within, falling upon her. She swallowed and spoke, “I enjoy the life you gave me” The man’s brows moved as he made a soft noise that could question what she just said or state it as obvious. Only a second later he laughed at her, saying “that sounds a little weird, let me change the subject.” Medala broke their connected gazes and he went on, the words sounding like an autumn breeze “Do you plan on taking a job?” she nodded swiftly and sure, “I have considered several, sadly they all have the need for a degree and I don’t possess any.” Medala carried her hands on the table playing her fingers over its cover, her sweet voice asking “You could of course…”  allowing her voice to linger on every word leaving her.
Making a sigh leave the man, he quickly found his smile again. “That wouldn’t be as much fun as earning one, would it?” His smile turned more devious, her face froze as struck by the whole of winter, yet losing nothing of its divinity. He went on brushing it off “You’ve nothing to worry about, I’ll stay here and keep you company.” The waiter came and laid the menu before him and beside her motionless hands. The eyes she gave him after that promised him the sweetness had left her voice. He opened the menu and looked it over, sporadically glancing at her. Seeing her slowly pick up the menu and missing the icy glare she gave him. He had already decided even before coming here that this would be what he wanted, changing only one thing. “I think I’ll order the same as you.” He took another sip of his wine looking ever so pleased. She was weighing a decision completely loose from the menu, swaying her foot between the legs of her chair. It all will depend. Her voice only hinting at the sweetness before carrying over to him “Mind you will take on all of the household.” Now what had made her freeze, made him turn his head as if he miss heard. She had him in his own web “you need to know it is one of my many worries." She looked at him being very pleased, carrying it even further "And I want you to do it all by yourself, because you sent me here to have a normal life. So no help from your lackeys.” She folded the menu and took his one too laying them folded on the table. Swiftly the waiter came and she ordered, smiling at him “Please two Adelina’s” The boy nodded quickly, far quicker than anyone should nod. Fearing she would do something to his mind she shifted her gaze to the man before her, he sat there, empty glass in hand, his smile somewhat remaining, like dew on the latest hour.
“I suppose I will, try. However only if you find a school and get in by yourself.” She had carried over her smile from the boy to him. “You supposed it would be fun. Right?” The tiniest of scoffing sounds left him and he filled her glass for what she had drunk and his own. Her hand enveloped the stilt as fragile as the glass, he held it between his fingers steering the liquid with a simple motion. “That will be something,” he said. Making their glasses touch sounding a promising cling.

1